Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thompsons Waterseal or Weathershield

• 24-01-2011 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Having decided to give my 9" cavity block garage the once over with Thompsons Water seal in the spring I popped over to Homebase to have a look at the prices etc but now having read on the can that you can't paint over the stuff I'm of two minds as to paint the garage with a couple of coats of white Weathershield and a coat of the house colour instead of going with the Waterseal, at least I'll have a nice colour on the garage

What would you do? Would the Weathershield be as good as the waterseal?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

kop77 wrote: »
    Having decided to give my 9" cavity block garage the once over with Thompsons Water seal in the spring I popped over to Homebase to have a look at the prices etc but now having read on the can that you can't paint over the stuff I'm of two minds as to paint the garage with a couple of coats of white Weathershield and a coat of the house colour instead of going with the Waterseal, at least I'll have a nice colour on the garage

What would you do? Would the Weathershield be as good as the waterseal?

I recently did my own block garage externally and also internally with Thompsons water seal.

It works a treat,and then you can paint on a nice exterior paint too,after the waterseal has cured and dried into the wall.

Leave painting for a good 48 hours to let the waterseal fully take effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Thanks Paddy, have you painted over yours yet? Just wondering because they say in bold writing not to paint over it,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

kop77 wrote: »
    Thanks Paddy, have you painted over yours yet? Just wondering because they say in bold writing not to paint over it,

waited 3 days till I painted,and its fine.

My walls are also dashed/rendered on the laneway side and smooth plastered on the garden side.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Sound!

Advertisement