Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The race for 4th..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Long way to go lads, and some very tough games ahead, but we are in a great position all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Relatively we have a similar run in as City and Chelsea if we can win those games and match their other results there will be just a couple points between all three in may.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

My friend mentioned that if man utd win the CL, does the team who finish in 4th get automatic qualification? anyone know if this is true?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

nbar12 wrote: »
    My friend mentioned that if man utd win the CL, does the team who finish in 4th get automatic qualification? anyone know if this is true?

Nevermind that! does the team in 5th get into the qualifiers! *shakes fist in direction of Arsenal thread*

Pretty sure they dont, only 4 teams go through and the extra spot goes to some other country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Fulham (h), Swansea (a) and Everton (h) up next before Chelsea & City..

Not easy, but winnable nine points! COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Now we'll see what the team is made of. A win next Sunday at home to Fulham and everybody will forget about the result today, but anything less and we could be looking at an end of season collapse. I feel confident that AVB will get things right, as it sounded like he did today (except for two gifts) so hopefully this result will mean little at the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

and chelsea drew their FA cup 1/4 final at Old Trafford so have a replay at the Bridge too..im not sure what date yet but its another unwanted game in their busy schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

We we're never gonna finish the season on this run and today was a looseable game on paper.

Next game is the definition of a must win. I make out we can drop points 3 three but possibily even 4 more times this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

did the match predictor ( and was negative enough on our results)

It had us finishing 4th and 1 point ahead of arsenal

Spurs 3 -1 fulham
    Swansea 2 -1 spurs
    spurs 1 - 1 everton
    chelsea 2 - 0 spurs
    spurs 1 - 1 city
    wigan 1 - 3 spurs
    spurs 3 - 0 southampton
    stoke 1 - 0 spurs
    spurs 3 - 1sunderland

thats losing 3 of last 9

Swansea are going to have a fair bit to say in how things pan out. Both us and Arsenal have to play them away from home. They had a good result over the weekend so are still playing well and it'll be very interesting to see what happens. I still think we need at least 4 wins to make sure and on paper you'd have to say those would most likely come from our home games, Fulham, Southampton and Sunderland, with maybe Everton as well. If we can pick up one win away from home and a draw or two, we'll be fine.

Let's just remember that although we lost yesterday, Arsenal still have to travel to Swansea and win and there's no guarantee of that happening.

• Advertisement

Right, sod all positive to be said about the inter game. Let's park the EL and start talking about what really matters... Fulham on Sunday. A do or die game. Win by any means and we should have enough to see us over the line in the next few weeks, lose and its panic stations, crisis club and end of season implosion.

Well first Arsenal have to beat Swansea away, which we hope won't be easy!! But you're right, win and we'll be looking quite good, lose and it could well be panic stations.

Bale will be back. Need Dembele just as much IMO.
    Ade's form might improve (cannot get any worse).

Walker needs to be canned asap. Is kaboul anywhere close to coming back.

What to do about Parker?
    What to do about Walker.
    No replacements for either.

At least we can bin Gallas and livermore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Sky Sports has moderators and the comments are still as stupid as a place like goal.com or the suns website.

'LOLOLOLOLOL Spurs proving one man team!!!!!!!!!111!1!!'

Not sure what's worse, nonsensical jealous fans writing the comments or Sky Sports' woefully stupid moderators for putting them up.

We're still through at the end of the day and a win Sunday will lay to rest any thoughts of a repeat of last season. Inter Milan played out of their skin and we played Friedel, Gallas, Livermore, Naughton and two strikers up front which we haven't played for a while. We still made it through ad the crucial thing is we're in the draw tomorrow.

Lennon came on and looked lively so that's good for Sunday as he is crucial. Holtby looked poor yet again which is disappointing. Sigurdsson is showing a little bit of form. Dembele is just, Dembele! Bale had much needed rest and will be eager to play having had a full week with no games. Lloris will be back so the highline will work. BAE will be back (not sure which BAE we'll have for the remainder of the season). Dawson will be back aswell who has been very good for us of late. Gallas hopefully will never ever play another competitive game for this club. He is a waste of £60k a week salary.

All in all to be quite honest it's not all doom and gloom just yet and we should let fans like the Arsenal fans have their moment. It's nice to give them false hope. Just as long as it is false hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

who? Two strikers, where? No way! I watched that game. We didn't play two strikers.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    who? Two strikers, where? No way! I watched that game. We didn't play two strikers.

You know, as I hit post I was thinking that someone would question the 'two strikers' comment...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

And you know what? Its not even fukn funny anymore. AVB needs to have them both practicing taking shots from 2 yards into an empty net for at least 10 hours a day. Every fukn day till they get the hang of it. Then with any luck they will get enuf goals to help us stay in top 4. With more luck Harry keeps QPR up and pays way over the odds to take the two planks to loftus road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I am worried that momentum is fading now. A win on sunday is hugely important.

If we dont win this one then we could start to plummet.

Fatigue is also now an issue.

mickman wrote: »
    I am worried that momentum is fading now. A win on sunday is hugely important.

If we dont win this one then we could start to plummet.

Fatigue is also now an issue.

My sentiments exactly. Plus, even if the lads make it through on Sunday a lot of them will have international matches to contend with too.

A win on Sunday is absolutely vital and there'll be quite a bit of pressure on the team to get it. Let's hope they do!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think we're getting a little bit carried away with ourselves to be honest. We've lost 2 games, away to Liverpool and Inter. Two tough times, and even losing to Inter we got through. You'd swear we've lost 10 on the trot.

I've faith in the team, and in AVB, to keep us going and get the win on Sunday, followed by a good finish to the season.

Optimism lads...I know it's tough, but give it a shot :pac:

Kiith wrote: »
    I think we're getting a little bit carried away with ourselves to be honest. We've lost 2 games, away to Liverpool and Inter. Two tough times, and even losing to Inter we got through. You'd swear we've lost 10 on the trot.

I've faith in the team, and in AVB, to keep us going and get the win on Sunday, followed by a good finish to the season.

Optimism lads...I know it's tough, but give it a shot :pac:

I'm not optimistic because, Gallas.

right now everton play city..everton lead 1nil from an osman wonder strike (roberto carlos esq!)

im assuming we all want an everton win here btw or are we still worried about them catching us too?...

Nope!! Everton, Swansea and West Ham wins, coupled with a win for us please. That would make this a perfect weekend :D

well ill cross my fingers & toes...job done!

i forgot to mention Fellaini picked up a booking & will miss next 2 games incl ours lol..phew!

hopefully he can help sink city here too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

SuprSi wrote: »
    Nope!! Everton, Swansea and West Ham wins, coupled with a win for us please. That would make this a perfect weekend :D

Apparently Fellaini's booking means he is suspended for trip to the Lane, every little helps.

Edit: davy beat me to it.

That's great news, he's one of their key players

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

SuprSi wrote: »
    That's great news, he's one of their key players

Commentators just saying Pienaar will get two games aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Commentators just saying Pienaar will get two games aswell.

Yeah, he played well against us too.

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Yeah, he played well against us too.

yea he will alays give 110% against us after his time here didnt quite work out..

i blame harry;)

just as well pienarr is out too

Advertisement