Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The race for 4th..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Very disappointed with Swansea today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Very disappointed with Swansea today.

same here but hopefully we cant kick 3pts from them just as handy.

lge cup hangover finally kicking in?

on a small positive side note Pool lost to southampton :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Hopefully we can gain another 3 points on City tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

tippspur wrote: »
    Hopefully we can gain another 3 points on City tomorrow.

That's more like it. let's stop looking over our shoulder and look ahead of us. If we can drag city into the race then all the better.

just to rub it in chelsea currently 2 up v west ham & will overtake us.

• Advertisement

davycc wrote: »
    just to rub it in chelsea currently 2 up v west ham & will overtake us.

No Thursday night hangover there, shows we cant use it as an excuse, it really is the race for 4th now and we are not looking good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

We have now lost all momentum and confidence whereas arsenal are growing in theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Last year they over took a 13 point lead we had, this year should be a walk in the park for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

Can somebody tell me where naughton played today,

hugo29 wrote: »
    Can somebody tell me where naughton played today,

he played right back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,395 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Pool fan here.

Between yourselves and Arsenal for 4th imo from day 1 and I think it'll go to the wire. Arsensal's lack of Euro comp could be vital.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Pool fan here.

Between yourselves and Arsenal for 4th imo from day 1 and I think it'll go to the wire. Arsensal's lack of Euro comp could be vital.

Yes will go down to the wire and the extra games will not help, but still would be nice to win a European trophy all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

There are 3 certainties in life - death, taxes and spurs making a balls of their end of season run in.

I only caught the last 30mins of the Wales game but couldnt see any sign of Bale.
    I was expecting CHarlie Adam to have tried kick him about again.

I just read he was kicked on ankle by Hanley who seen yellow. from what I see he should have had 2 more yellows but ref bottled it..
    Wales were passing like Barca at that stage with Scotland down to 10 (sh1te) players/

Siggy scored 2 in Icelands comeback away to Slovenia..

& Defoe scored 2 in Eng demolition of San-Marino .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

And the good news, Defoe scores twice for england. They may have been tap-ins but imo this is really good news for us Spurs fans as we all know when Defoe is on form and confident he can be a really good striker. We badly need one of our strikers to score for us in the run-in and maybe now(three "hail Marys" and four "our fathers") we have that.

Great News: Gareth bale- just to clear the air, I'm not injured I came off because I had a stomach virus! I should be fine for Tuesday. Thank fook!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Dempsey scored too for USA so hopefully this will reignite our season

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Found this brilliant animation on another Spurs forum;

avbwengergoodbaduglyl8u5l.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Spurs 5th I reckon. Bottlers at the final fence. Arsenal 4th City 3rd Chelsea 2nd and lpool and everton battling for 6th

• Advertisement

I won't comment until after the Swansea game. Win there and we're still in with a good shout but lose there and I reckon it's over, not just because of the result but the overall momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

2 great goals from Siggy last night, Dempsey and Defoe with tap-ins..

Hopefully they bring that scoring form back for the Swansea game. Massive game. Particularly with the goons playing Reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Holtby also scored....

time for the new signings... Dempsey,Siggy and Holtby to bang in a few for the yids now hopefully.

any win on saturday would be great but for a change wouldn't it be really really great to win easy and early so we could retain some nails for biting against chelsea, city and everton. Would also be nice to see new reading manager get a point or three this w.end. Would like to convey my sadness to the gooner fans on the injury's to walcott and wilshere, I'm sure we all feel the same.

It looks a bad injury for Bale. Lennon also injured. Where does that leave our chances of top four? Think the game is up meself!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If Bale and Lennon are out for more than a week, it's game over as far as I'm concerned. You can't lose your two most potent attackers and still hope to challenge the top 4. Especially with Defoe out and Ade being useless.

So much for being positive :(

Kiith wrote: »
    If Bale and Lennon are out for more than a week, it's game over as far as I'm concerned. You can't lose your two most potent attackers and still hope to challenge the top 4. Especially with Defoe out and Ade being useless.

So much for being positive :(

The way I see it, if we can scrape a win against Everton who are missing two players aswell then we have two weeks until our next league game. In all honesty I can't see Bale playing again this season but maybe we can get Lennon back.

Ye Bales injury doesn't look good but if I was to clutch at straws(thread thin straws), I can remember Bale on crutches (somewhere in asia I think) during last pr-season after being tackled (by some usless x-liverpool player who again I cant remember). I think bale shed his cruthces and played football rather swiftly. So maybe a Lazirus like recovery could be on the cards here again?

AVB on Bale: 'There is a big possibility he is going to be able to make it for the Man City game and he will only miss the next two games."

So he's going to miss the Everton and Basel games definitely. Let's at least hope that Lennon is fit for Sunday as if we don't win, with those injuries, the wheels would really come off this season and we'll be in big trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

KingdomYid wrote: »
    The way I see it, if we can scrape a win against Everton who are missing two players aswell then we have two weeks until our next league game. In all honesty I can't see Bale playing again this season but maybe we can get Lennon back.

That's it. Lets hope we beat Everton and then it's a 2 week break to the Paddys invasion of the lane :D and Bale and Lennon will be back in action by then hopefully.

Advertisement