Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The race for 4th..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Sounds like an interesting report
    Reports are suggesting that it is a reportedly interesting report

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

SuprSi wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever seen the word report used in one sentence so often ;)

That would be good news all the same, even if I can't see Kaboul starting before the end of the season. At least he could fill the gap left by Gallas. Hopefully Bale & Lennon will be properly fit for the City game which is going to be tough as they'll still possibly be in the hunt for the title.

I emphasized report because that's all we ever seem to read about! A report from someone reporting on what someone else said who inevitably is only reporting on what someone else said too!

It's a long way to Sunday week so anything can happen.. Lennon and Bale back would be good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

irishmover wrote: »
    I emphasized report because that's all we ever seem to read about! A report from someone reporting on what someone else said who inevitably is only reporting on what someone else said too!

The gift that keeps on giving, comedy gold! :D:D

After tonight Spurs do not play until Sunday week.

“We have organised to give our players a break, so it’s a good opportunity for us to rest,” Villas-Boas said.

“It will also mean we have a big week to prepare for the Manchester City game because we will return to training on Tuesday.”

Villas-Boas admitted it could be a gamble letting his stars have a holiday at such a crucial time of the season, as it is a change from their regular routine.

“It doesn’t mean, because we have a week to prepare, we are going to be fitter.”

Not sure if this is a great idea or a terrible idea, could be a great break...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Hmm, interesting. It's very late in the season to have a break, but I guess they're back to training on Tuesday so it's not that big a break and it might do them the world of good coming into the most important part of the season.

I guess we'll see when we play City!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

SuprSi wrote: »
    Hmm, interesting. It's very late in the season to have a break, but I guess they're back to training on Tuesday so it's not that big a break and it might do them the world of good coming into the most important part of the season.

I guess we'll see when we play City!

send them all on the fcuking piss for the weekend, i mean could it actually make dempsey any worse,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

After tonight Spurs do not play until Sunday week.

“We have organised to give our players a break, so it’s a good opportunity for us to rest,” Villas-Boas said.

“It will also mean we have a big week to prepare for the Manchester City game because we will return to training on Tuesday.”

Villas-Boas admitted it could be a gamble letting his stars have a holiday at such a crucial time of the season, as it is a change from their regular routine.

“It doesn’t mean, because we have a week to prepare, we are going to be fitter.”

Not sure if this is a great idea or a terrible idea, could be a great break...
    Back in training on Tuesday gives us plenty of time to get ready for Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Back in training on Tuesday gives us plenty of time to get ready for Sunday.

agreed.

The gift that keeps on giving, comedy gold! :D:D

I sincerely hope you realize those posts were jokes right?!...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

I sincerely hope you realize those posts were jokes right?!...

You could always "report" the post !....he he

• Advertisement

Maximum games remaining over the next 38 days:

Spurs- 6 (one every 6 days)

Arsenal- 7 (one every 5)

Chelsea- 12 (one every 3)

As you can see Chelsea have twice as many games as us left to play this season. It's gonna be very difficult but would be great if the players didn't bottle it for a change. It's very much possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Maximum games remaining over the next 38 days:

Spurs- 6 (one every 6 days)

Arsenal- 7 (one every 5)

Chelsea- 12 (one every 3)

As you can see Chelsea have twice as many games as us left to play this season. It's gonna be very difficult but would be great if the players didn't bottle it for a change. It's very much possible!

The bottling part is the key sentence. We are a bottling club as long as I have followed us apart from the 2009/2010 season so I am hoping for a finish like that season but am not overly optimistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

KingdomYid wrote: »
    The bottling part is the key sentence. We are a bottling club as long as I have followed us apart from the 2009/2010 season so I am hoping for a finish like that season but am not overly optimistic.

Seeing that performance tonight, don't think we will bottle

hugo29 wrote: »
    Seeing that performance tonight, don't think we will bottle

It's always possible.. Especially with Spurs.. Games are on our side though. Thank god we don't play Chelsea this weekend and get a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Going to stay with the enemy today. Travelling up to stay with my brother who is a Gooner Fan. Will have to borrow a Norwich Jersey, although I don't actually know any Norwich fans. Not expecting anything for us in this game but you never what the football gods may send. I have more hope for the Arsenal V Everton game on Tuesday. There could be a few or even just one twist with Fulham V Arsenal and Fulham V Chelsea all to be played before we play again. I know you could look at these games and think Arsenal and Chelsea could put more Daylight between themselves and us but you just never know with this strange game called football. So we can now relax and take it all in and hopefully have a few laughs at our London neighbours. Then get back into it with a refreshed team and get something out of the City game. They say "football is a funny old game" lets see some of that in the next nine days. Maybe Things will look brighter by the time City come to the Lane

Last season Norwich drew with Arsenal 3-3 around this time...

They also beat Arsenal 1-0 earlier this season. They may well be a bogey team for Arsenal. Chris Hughton I'm sure would love o do us a favour!

Just been looking at Chelsea's fixture list. It seems to me that the most likely chance for Chelsea to play postponed game against ourselves is Tue 7th or Wed 8th May which is only a couple of days after Chelsea play away to Man U. It could be a very good time to play them after they play 7 games in 23 days. Unless they fail to get to the final of Europa league then 14th/15th May could be an option. Not sure how a possible FA cup Final could affect this?

If it is 7th/8th May then we would only play 3 games before this game with Chelsea.

It's ok lads. As long as this lad is playing we'll finish in the top 4.

terryj4j7b.gif

That's funny, it's almost as if he's deliberately trying to get a head injury!!

I think Norwich is the best team in the league. Easy three points for them today!

• Advertisement

Weathering wrote: »
    Na it's reading ha. Arsenal have top 4. I reckon spurs 5th. I hope liverpool manage 6th ahead of Everton. But sure what do I know

There hasn't been a need to worry about liverpool for years. They are a mid table team.

Norwich 1up, come on you canaries!

Christ blow it up ref.....even a draw would be super in that one.

2-1 dirty b@stards!

christ Goons equalizer in the 85th min was never a corner. Sickening bastards.

To be fair, you can't knock their form at the moment. They may have been ****e earlier this season but they've really turned it around and we can have no complaints. Unless we sort ourselves out and Chelsea's quantity of games scuppers their league form, we'll miss out on CL footie again this season.

Having said that, it does take luck and it always seems to come to the teams around us at this point of the season. This is from the BBC;
    "You are shaken after feeling such an injustice when a man 50-yards away gives a decision for a penalty that no Arsenal player appeals for.

"You have a busy linesman over there. I get in trouble so much about referees but now I can say what I want.

"That penalty that started this would not have been given at the other end of the pitch."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Arsenal are just so poxy,it's unreal.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

tippspur wrote: »
    Arsenal are just so poxy,it's unreal.:mad:

Its our own fault. Over commitment to the cups, in particular the Europa, has really left us shagged. Gooners are gonna snatch third now. Its whether or not Chelsea screw up fourth. Benitez might just fancy two cups on his C.V. as he walks out the door this summer. Lets hope it affects their league form. It might just all boil down to our game .

• Advertisement

Arsenal are 1pt ahead with Everton on Tuesday. Everton will go 1pt behind Arsenal if they win, they won't roll over..

Advertisement