Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The race for 4th..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

We are outof top 4 now. Maybe the players will look at the table as use it as motivation.

Am I right in saying that if everton beat arsenal on Tues that we will drop to 6th (on goal diff)???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

We are outof top 4 now. Maybe the players will look at the table as use it as motivation.

Am I right in saying that if everton beat arsenal on Tues that we will drop to 6th (on goal diff)???

I'm still shouting for Everton though :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Everton have to win by two goals. Spurs are ahead on goals scored which I believe is what counts if both teams are on the same GD? It used to be anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

chelsea 1nil down in semi v city........comon chelsea get yer act together..half time atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

davycc wrote: »
    chelsea 1nil down in semi v city........comon chelsea get yer act together..half time atm

I feel dirty rooting for a Chelsea team two down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Why you rooting for them? To give em 1 more game..fcuk em. The start of the downfall for em now...they look knackered....Martin Jol to do us a favour on wednesday night I reckon and they will have to go to a fired up pool after reading yday next sunday.

extra time today be nice though!.........

Saab Ed wrote: »
    I feel dirty rooting for a Chelsea team two down.

same here but Ba just scored a suberb scissors kick/ :eek:

2-1n game back on--at least lampard & terry are on the bench still:cool:

Why you rooting for them? To give em 1 more game..fcuk em. The start of the downfall for em now...they look knackered....Martin Jol to do us a favour on wednesday night I reckon and they will have to go to a fired up pool after reading yday next sunday.

extra time today be nice though!.........

I feel like they are going to end up more fatigued by the time we eventually play them so the more games/replays/extra-time/injuries etc chelsea go through the better...& to be perfectly honest I only actually hate Terry & Ashley $Cole & they arnt even playing...

Aguero might get a ban for our game with that filthy challenge today. Hopefully

Aguero with a 2 footed stamp on Luiz he should be off.. looks like its not only spurs who chris foy fooks over..ref didnt see the blatant stamp somehow & maybe the FA will give him a 3game ban afterwards?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Aguero gonna get a ban for that lunge. He'll miss the game v us now won't he !

Hopefully Hoy says in his report he saw nothing of the incident then Aguero can be retrospectivally banned for 3games.....epic if it happens as he is on fire lately. Zabeletta should have been sent off did at least 4 yellow card tackles & same for Kompany 2+ yellows & a peno given against him v torres .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Hopefully Hoy says in his report he saw nothing of the incident.

Haha this is funny, remember last season all the Spurs fans who tweeted Chris Hoy abusing him when the refs name is Chris Foy. Just got a chuckle out of that one :D

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Haha this is funny, remember last season all the Spurs fans who tweeted Chris Hoy abusing him when the refs name is Chris Foy. Just got a chuckle out of that one :D

Doh!:o I was just about to edit that:D ...Im so tired & confused today long long long weekend taking its toll ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Does anyone have the latest on Gareth Bale's injury?

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Does anyone have the latest on Gareth Bale's injury?

I just send him a txt to see how he is.

I just heard on news that Agureo has escaped the FA ban after Chris Foy said he seen the incident & dealt with it at the time!

WTF how is that gob****e allowed to ref still after all his diabolical fook ups..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I just heard on news that Agureo has escaped the FA ban after Chris Foy said he seen the incident & dealt with it at the time!

WTF how is that gob****e allowed to ref still after all his diabolical fook ups..

Yupp he is a shocking official alright. It seems nothing is falling in our favour at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

Ah we just have to beat whatever is in front of us, it's down to wire now and Everton have snuck Ito mix, a draw tomorrow night is best result , god why do we go pear shaped with it matters, you have to admire arsenal, when it needs doing they get on with it, I mean could you see spurs coming back from one down with 12 mins left, so frustrating

I just send him a txt to see how he is.

Well, did he get back to ya yet?

• Advertisement

Well, did he get back to ya yet?

Yeah, he's hoping to be back in training tomorrow.

The lack of news on Bale and Lennon worries me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

The lack of news on Bale and Lennon worries me.

The first team squad are on a break until tomorrow, chill...:cool:

The Chelsea game re-arranged for the 8th May. 7.45 and is live on Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

The Chelsea game re-arranged for the 8th May. 7.45 and is live on Sky

Not bad - comes after their home tie against Basel and 3 days after playing away to Utd.

Evertons big cu*ts will test the gooner defence tonite. Their keeper will also get some hassle and nudges on set plays. I think this is Arsenals biggest test along with the United game. Have to shout for an Everton win but a draw also would be very helpful.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I doubt they'll lose, a handy penalty here and there should see them sound :P

Actually, have we had a single penalty all season? I don't remember any

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I doubt they'll lose, a handy penalty here and there should see them sound :P

Actually, have we had a single penalty all season? I don't remember any

We had one v Norwich in the Capital cup and Dempsey missed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

did the predictor again and have us coming 4th! 1 point ahead of chelsea

one thing for sure , its going to be mighty close

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Chelsea have ten games in the next 30 days (inc. Europa Cup Final). I know they are professionals and very fit, but that must have it's toll - whether physical or psychological.

I think Fulham can get something out of them tomorrow night. I also think their next game, on Sunday (in Anfield), will be very tough too. I think our game coming after the United game is a big plus too, by then they will hopefully have dropped points to Fulham, Liverpool and United and thus see 4th spot slipping away from them.

As for tonight's game between Arsenal and Everton. I'm hoping for a draw. I want Everton to be there or thereabouts but still behind us, because they have to play Chelsea too, so I want another draw there. As for Arsenal, if they draw then we're two points behind with a game in hand - a great psychological boost at just the right time. Though, if Arsenal win tonight I think we'll have to admit that we're fighting it out with Chelsea and Everton for fourth.

Exciting times, but very nervous!

Advertisement