Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The race for 4th..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

davycc wrote: »
    chelsae 3 up

Walk in the park for them. I hate when teams have nothing to play for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

United will Defo need something at arsenal now regardless of us beating city at the weekend....happy days

Poison chalice..I'm wrong..if we beat city Sunday...united can win d league Monday night meaning they can send the youth team to arsenal game after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

KingdomYid wrote: »
    God Fulham are hopeless, don't think they will get anything off the gooners either. How the hell did we lose at home to them :mad:

Two words, Europa League.

I don't think I'm jumping the gun now by saying fourth is gone. Look to the future now. Keep Bale, invest in summer, learn that without CL money we don't have a European squad so forget about it.

At the risk of sounding over pessimistic, I hope we haven't missed our chance to actually become one of the big boys, a CL team, a team to beat rather than be beatin by.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Two words, Europa League.

I don't think I'm jumping the gun now by saying fourth is gone. Look to the future now. Keep Bale, invest in summer, learn that without CL money we don't have a European squad so forget about it.

At the risk of sounding over pessimistic, I hope we haven't missed our chance to actually become one of the big boys, a CL team, a team to beat rather than be beatin by.

You need to get a grip. Its far from over. Likely go to last 2 games. Everything to play for yet. I fancy us to turn over City at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

KingdomYid wrote: »
    How the hell did we lose at home to them :mad:

Former Tottenham manager and striker might make a difference. Fulham were looking good for first half hour with plenty of chances only for Luiz to whack one in from out of nowhere. Terry's header was sloppy defending.

Glass half full lads, beat City, go fourth!

• Advertisement

Plus a stinging fulham after tonight might just get us a draw against our dear neighbours on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Have a real look at the remaining fixtures and the reality is third and fourth places are still up for grabs. Spurs have it in their own hands to finish above the Gooners. Chelsea have real tough run-in. Of course we could finish outside the top four but there is a lot of points to be won and lost by all three teams yet. Next Saturday/Sunday things could be clearer. A lot of the press are judging who will finish where on history and obviously they give any advantage to Chelsea and Arsenal. We are Spurs fans and we should have more belief in our team and fuk their history. I am sure AVB and the players believe they can still get third.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

4th is far from gone but we are definetely in the worst form of all the teams in the top 6 (including everton) . This is a worry.

Having said that , the break that we have enjoyed could do us real good and we should come flying out of the blocks on sunday.

Away to wigan will be tough as they are fighting for survival (again)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Typical alright, I know dozens of arsenal fans who have done the same.

You don't need to tell me, Amen to that. Poor guys... Someone should pass them (and yourself) some milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Im happy enough with our remaining fixtures....
    We are all about pace and counter attacking....
    Stoke,Wigan,Chelsea,Man City and Sunderland all have to beat us....which means they wont park the bus and frustrate us as per usual...
    Southampton will be similar to the Swansea 1-0 win at WHL ....close scoreline but we'll win.
    COYS!
    Audere Est Facere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

We definitely have a chance, especially since the result on Tuesday night. The thing is I still think we need 70 points, which is 4 wins from our remaining 6 games. On current form that's just not going to happen, and it's even less likely to happen with no Bale or Lennon.

There will undoubtedly be some shocks in the last few games so we'll just have to hope for a bit of luck and some good performances to finish the season off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

SuprSi wrote: »
    We definitely have a chance, especially since the result on Tuesday night. The thing is I still think we need 70 points, which is 4 wins from our remaining 6 games. On current form that's just not going to happen, and it's even less likely to happen with no Bale or Lennon.

There will undoubtedly be some shocks in the last few games so we'll just have to hope for a bit of luck and some good performances to finish the season off.

4 wins are far from certain but very doable.

If we are not beating the likes of Stoke, Wigan, Sunderland etc we don't deserve Champions League anyway so I wont have any complaints..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

slegs wrote: »
    4 wins are far from certain but very doable.

If we are not beating the likes of Stoke, Wigan, Sunderland etc we don't deserve Champions League anyway so I wont have any complaints..
    Right on.

Come on the Spurs, a top four is well within our capabilities. We have Lloris, Dawson, Vert, Dembelle, Parker, Siggy, Holtby. Ade and Defoe can play when they get the finger out. With a bit of luck Bale and/or Lennon will be fit for Sunday or the rest of the run-in.

thank god for super sundays!

Thank god( who's he) Gareth Bale is back for Sunday.

It's amazing what bale being fit does to us !!...ha ha I'm rightly confident we'll do em sunday. Hopefully no silva and aguero either.

COYS.....bring it on

Fulham losing again

They are rubbish

• Advertisement

mickman wrote: »
    Fulham losing again

They are rubbish

In fairness to them they have played well with ten men, but the defending for the goal was shocking alright.

Gooners were lucky to get 3 points there. We now play twice before they play again so two wins please and thank you to go ahead of them :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Arsenal get another win and their excellent run continues. They're only 7 points away from 70 points, which is two wins and a draw from their remaining 4 games;

Home - Man U, Wigan
    Away - QPR, Newcastle

If they get 7 points, we'll need 13 points, which is 4 wins and a draw from;

Home - City, Southampton, Sunderland
    Away - Wigan, Chelsea, Stoke

Unfortunately time is running out and if we don't don't get something from tomorrow I think we're going to be out of it before the last game of the season. Of course we could go on a mad run and get 18 points from 18 but on current/recent form I just can't see that happening. Let's hope we get that little bit of luck that Arsenal seem to be getting again at this stage of the season, starting with a converted penalty resulting in 3 points tomorrow!

SuprSi wrote: »
    Arsenal get another win and their excellent run continues. They're only 7 points away from 70 points, which is two wins and a draw from their remaining 4 games;

Home - Man U, Wigan
    Away - QPR, Newcastle

If they get 7 points, we'll need 13 points, which is 4 wins and a draw from;

Home - City, Southampton, Sunderland
    Away - Wigan, Chelsea, Stoke

Unfortunately time is running out and if we don't don't get something from tomorrow I think we're going to be out of it before the last game of the season. Of course we could go on a mad run and get 18 points from 18 but on current/recent form I just can't see that happening. Let's hope we get that little bit of luck that Arsenal seem to be getting again at this stage of the season, starting with a converted penalty resulting in 3 points tomorrow!

Arsenal will likely get 9 from this games resulting in us needing 15 which looks very unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Forget about catching arsenal lads, they are in title winning form and hats off them. Its between us and chelsea, making our game with them a massive 6 pointer.

That bbc predictor thing has my head wreaked, think we are going to lose out by 4 points and thats if draw with them. If we beat them we still end up a point short.

I know we are capable of beating anyone on our day but I have to go with our form over the last 6-8 games and see us picking up about 9-10 points from the remaining 18 available.

Thats not to say the season is a failure by any means. AVB is awesome, I love our style of play, we have some cracking players and if AVB is allowed to sign the players he wants I think we will finished top 3 next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

If only Spurs possessed Arsenal's luck. Probably would be 2nd.

Nah but seriously, Arsenal are getting lucky lately but we've had plenty of luck earlier in the season. Swings in roundabouts just like the league table.

Not confident about the City match.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Wowzers. Great result today. Never thought we'd come even close.
    We so badly needed a result but also that performance.

Come on Liverpool.
    We are still in 5th so let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Slightly more worried about Wigan now after their result yesterday which means they need points asap.

Also, Sunderland having a little revival with DiCanio but hopefully they will be safe by the last day and their players will have 1 eye on their summer holds.

Hopefully united won't win tomorrow so that they still need a result vs. arsenal

5 wins lads and they can all do what ever the fcuk they want... four wins might be enough if united don't have a hangover at the emirates next sunday after winning the league tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I feel dirty saving this but come on Liverpool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

amazing team goal-well deserved by sturridge --come on pool!

Wait peno for pool & hazard scores

Advertisement