Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The race for 4th..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Lennon looks like he's flirting with someone in that pic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He's looking absolutely fabulous :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I think we owe a big thanks to AVB that we are still in with a very good chance of top four. I really love the way he talked up Ade and Defoe when they were sh1te. Had he bolloked Ade out of it when he delayed his return from the Africian cup thingy he would have been dead right but he new he may need him as Defoe was injured. He gelled in new players into what was a decent team he inherited. But it was no easy job to follow Arry who was the most successful manager for many a year. I, like all Spurs supporters want to be shouting for Spurs in CL next season. I believe we will qualify, I want third cos the pre-qualifers can be a minefield. Before all this is decided I want to say I am very happy to have AVB in charge. If we finish 3rd of 5th I will still feel the same. I hope Levy sees how close Spurs are to being a top side and loosens the purse strings to get us the extra mile. If he does I could be watching the best Spurs side in my lifetime and seeing them being successfull. And I ain't a young lad, I was born a year after Spurs won the league in "black and White"

C'mon Spurs, beat Wigan and keep me on my cloud!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Well I think we can safely say that if Arsenal and Chelsea win their next games, it's over. Our goal difference is too low for this part of the table (is it ever high enough!?). Let's just hope that we get some favourable results tomorrow because if we don't, adios top 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

SuprSi wrote: »
    Well I think we can safely say that if Arsenal and Chelsea win their next games, it's over. Our goal difference is too low for this part of the table (is it ever high enough!?). Let's just hope that we get some favourable results tomorrow because if we don't, adios top 4.

To be honest, if we play like we did today in any of the remaining games we will drop lots more points. I still cannot believe that they were so lethargic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

We win 3 more games and we'll get CL. Can't see it happening tbh with Chelsea and Stoke away. Both Chelsea & Arsenal win tomorrow and realistically we're gonna need 12 points to have a chance.

No matter what happens it's gonna be a painful end to the season, but what more should one expect being a Spurs fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I'm still pretty confident. I had us down for a draw against City and a win against Wigan. Actually I've actually grown in confidence after seeing Stoke go safe today.

Chelsea have a FAR tougher run in than us plus they have the Europa Cup games to consider. If not beat them, we can definitely take two points off them at The Bridge.

COYS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Arsenal fan here, I think yee will still get champions league!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

I'm still pretty confident. I had us down for a draw against City and a win against Wigan. Actually I've actually grown in confidence after seeing Stoke go safe today.

Chelsea have a FAR tougher run in than us plus they have the Europa Cup games to consider. If not beat them, we can definitely take two points off them at The Bridge.

COYS!!

Exactly - we'd all have taken a draw against city and a win against Wigan.

I'm baffled at the negativity on the forum - we just pulled out another late rabbit. A loss today would be a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

That equaliser today is massive as it means Wigan will need full points against arsenal.

Let's wait and see how the results go tomorrow first.

I think we now need a win away to Stoke as well as full points at Southampton and sunderland and then it depends on how we do against Chelsea.

• Advertisement

Exactly - we'd all have taken a draw against city and a win against Wigan.

I'm baffled at the negativity on the forum - we just pulled out another late rabbit. A loss today would be a lot worse.

I think people are reacting to the performance, yes a point is vital in the end but the showing was simply not good enough imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

If Lennon was fit then he should have started...jokeshop

Watching highlights on RTE, very poor performance alright. Its important we get points in the games that we don't play well in and that happened today.

Things will look brighter this time tomorrow if Arsenal lose or draw and Chelsea have a tough game 3 days after basle.

Prob need 10 points from remaining 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

That equaliser today is massive as it means Wigan will need full points against arsenal.

Let's wait and see how the results go tomorrow first.

I think we now need a win away to Stoke as well as full points at Southampton and sunderland and then it depends on how we do against Chelsea.

This is how I see it going. We will beat Southampton at home.

A draw with Chelsea will do.

The huge game becomes Stoke away. If we can pull that off a home win against Sunderland on last day will see us home.

Both Chelsea and Arsenal have to play United. Can see them dropping points easily here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

4 place is still on, it's going to be close and we need results to go our way today, even an arsenal draw, let's face it Chelsea will bet Swansea, and they have games in hand and a squad who knows what it takes to get job done, it's between us and arsenal I think,
    Trying not to be negative but the one thing yesterday shows is that Tom huddle stone is not up to a top 4 team and I hope people stop calling for his inclusion,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Chelsea will win today

I don't think arsenal will, that will open the door for us again

Newcastle are going to be fighting until the final day I'd say do arsenal have a tough last game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

I know it seemed like a kneejerk reaction but that run of losses previous to our Europa League exit was the end of our CL ambition (imo)

I'd love it if we still managed it but I don't think I'm being too pessimistic to suggest we're done. Gooners are not gonna blow it now and given our recent form, really can't see us turning over Chelski.

Lesson for next year to AVB. You can't compete in the Europa League and qualify for the CL with a squad if our depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Gooners are not gonna blow it now and given our recent form, really can't see us turning over Chelski.

Yes, just like you couldnt see us beating City.

Have some faith.

And if it doesn't happen I am not going to be down on them because I think this has been a great season for Spurs.

Its the start of the AVB era!

Liverpool would kill to be in our position and they have way more resources than us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

KingdomYid wrote: »
    I think people are reacting to the performance, yes a point is vital in the end but the showing was simply not good enough imo.

The match was always going to be hard. City only narrowly beat Wigan 1-0 at home last week!!

Wigan are fighting for their lives and would have been more up for it seeing what we'd done to City. That's why I'm a little more confident now, Arsenal still have Wigan to play and Chelsea still have Villa. Plus, they both have United. While we have 'safe' teams.

I know the performance wasn't great, but many variables cause such a performance. I don't like to dwell on bad performances at this point in the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

slegs wrote: »
    Yes, just like you couldnt see us beating City.

Have some faith.

And if it doesn't happen I am not going to be down on them because I think this has been a great season for Spurs.

Its the start of the AVB era!

Liverpool would kill to be in our position and they have way more resources than us.

But slegs without champions league we will lose bale, take him out of the team and we would be below Liverpool, in the sh!t with west ham

I know people say reinvest the money , but with Enic track record will that happen, I mean two botched (on purpose in my opinion) attempts at moutinio and diamo, if we wanted them we would have got them,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Nothing has changed really from a few weeks ago,we will still need to win at the bridge to get in. In my opinion. We can do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Slightly off topic but if we were to get fourth and Chelsea miss out then do you think there would be an exodus from the bridge and would we fancy any of them/would they join us!

My Predictions:

Spurs:
    Southampton - Win
    Chelsea - Draw
    Stoke - Win
    Sunderland - Win

Arsenal:
    Man Utd - Draw
    QPR - Win
    Wigan - Win
    Newcastle - Draw

Points 71 (4th)

Chelsea:
    Swansea - Win
    Man U - Lose
    Spurs - Draw
    Villa - Win
    Everton - Draw

Points 70 (5th)

Arsenal could easily lose to Man U, draw at Wigan (drop points) or win at Newcastle.

Chelsea - could take a beating from us or Everton.

Us - well yeah it's us :D but I do think we're capable of 3 wins and a draw from the last 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

My Predictions:

Spurs:
    Southampton - Win
    Chelsea - Draw
    Stoke - Win
    Sunderland - Win

Arsenal:
    Man Utd - Draw
    QPR - Win
    Wigan - Win
    Newcastle - Draw

Points 71 (4th)

Chelsea:
    Swansea - Win
    Man U - Lose
    Spurs - Draw
    Everton - Draw

Points 70 (5th)

Arsenal could easily lose to Man U, draw at Wigan (drop points) or win at Newcastle.

Chelsea - could take a beating from us or Everton.

Us - well yeah it's us :D but I do think we're capable of 3 wins and a draw from the last 4.
    You left Chelsea vs Villa out!

Raf32 wrote: »
    You left Chelsea vs Villa out!

Added in there (total points was correct - just forgot to type them in)

Saab Ed wrote: »
    I know it seemed like a kneejerk reaction but that run of losses previous to our Europa League exit was the end of our CL ambition (imo)

Couldnt agree more. The points thrown away at Anfield, the lose at fulham the lose at milan incl extra time and the 2 exhausting games vs basle just took the wind out of our sails and moral plummeted.

Those are the games that I will look back at and regret the most.

Those and the fact we had no striker at one stage. (levy out!!)

Just streaming some of the Chelsea game there, Swansea are a disgrace not even trying to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

oscar just scored......come on swansea get rid of this cup final hangover asap!..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

lamps 2 nil chelski already ffs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

United are on holidays :(

Advertisement