Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The race for 4th..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Thats the second in two games for walcott inside the first minute.

Really do think its not going to be our year to finish 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Com'on 'Arry

I really felt they'd Nick a draw today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Qpr have gone into summer holiday mode & look like they couldnt give a fook today sadly..

hopefully harry can get them going at HT

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Looking at chelsea's next 3 fixtures

United away tomorrow.
    Us midweek at home.
    Away to villa next weekend.

Just can't see them getting 9 points there.
    Just a massive massive game for us.
    Conceivable they might only pick up 3-5 points from 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

if we just focus on beating Chelsea we wont have to worry about anyone else.

3 wins to get into Champions League. We would have taken that at beginning of season

• Advertisement

Bloody well hope Sunderland do the business against stoke tomorrow so that they are comfortably safe by the time we play them on the 19th.

Pity Newcastle are playing QPR next week. They'll be home and dry before they play Arsenal on the final day.

On the flip side, even if Wigan beat Swansea on Tuesday they will still need to beat Arsenal next weekend otherwise they play villa in a relegation do-or-die on final day, let's hope their F.A. cup final hangover ain't too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Any word on dembele injury? Was it the same injury as last week?...hope he fit for the big one wed night.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,760 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Arsenal and Spurs fans all cheering for United tomorrow.
    Thought i'd never see the day :D:D

Any word on dembele injury? Was it the same injury as last week?...hope he fit for the big one wed night.

Shouldn't have been risked today as he will probably miss Wed night and he was a passenger today.
    That's not the first time something like this as either. Lennon was brought back too soon after injury not that long ago and lasted no time, and as someone else earlier in the season, can't recall who.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

Pity Newcastle are playing QPR next week. They'll be home and dry before they play Arsenal on the final day.

After seeing them capitulate so spectacularly against Liverpool, I'd be surprised if they're "home and dry"....think Newcastle/Pardew have their work cut out for them...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Shouldn't have been risked today as he will probably miss Wed night and he was a passenger today.
    That's not the first time something like this as either. Lennon was brought back too soon after injury not that long ago and lasted no time, and as someone else earlier in the season, can't recall who.

Dembele obviously felt ok before the game, then felt a twinge and was hauled off before the hamstring went. So he is being rested now again and it will be like this for the last few games

I expect him to start again in Wednesday and see how he is .

If united win today the I think a draw will do us midweek because I can see villa beating Chelsea on Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Plus I do think united will win today. They are at home so the fans won't tolerate a bad display and I think fergie has a soft spot for spurs and will want to help us out

Seeing reading stick 4 past Fulham yday..can't help think that the home defeat a few weeks ago will cost us:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

We play twice now before Arsenal play Wigan. Here's hoping we're 4 points ahead of them by the time they get there. Really hoping for Wigan to beat Swansea and then see themselves still in the fight to stay up.

Man United to win today, Sunderland to win tomorrow and Wigan to win on Tuesday before our match against Chelsea. They're all crucial results for us.

It's been a while since 8 teams could go down with 2-3 games to go in the season.

irishmover wrote: »
    We play twice now before Arsenal play Wigan. Here's hoping we're 4 points ahead of them by the time they get there. Really hoping for Wigan to beat Swansea and then see themselves still in the fight to stay up.

Man United to win today, Sunderland to win tomorrow and Wigan to win on Tuesday before our match against Chelsea. They're all crucial results for us.

It's been a while since 8 teams could go down with 2-3 games to go in the season.

If those results come to pass...stoke will be right in the thick of it next weekend..not good for us

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

If those results come to pass...stoke will be right in the thick of it next weekend..not good for us

It doesn't matter which way you look at it in the Sunderland v Stoke match though. Stoke win puts Sunderland more into trouble, a draw is useless. Would much rather Sunderland get to the 40 mark along with Stoke. Stoke have won two in a row. Better if they're not on a high playing Spurs, even if they can still get relegated and then Sunderland to be out of the relegation battle by the last game.

After seeing them capitulate so spectacularly against Liverpool, I'd be surprised if they're "home and dry"....think Newcastle/Pardew have their work cut out for them...

true, but if there's one team thats worse than Newcastle then its QPR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Well that's that.

Beat Chelsea and the goons are fcuked

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

I'd rather us and Chelsea than us and Arsenal !

3 Wins still needed COYS !!!!!

• Advertisement

Beat Chelsea and the goons are fcuked

Not gonna happen though. Really, we won't get any change from that game. Prbably a leg up that we now must win it but I fant see it happening. We're gonna rue those two weeks when Europa screwed us.

That could help us .. Chelski might play for the draw Wednesday night...we know now we need to win

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Think Tottenham will beat Chelsea on wednesday!

Feck it anyway. Was sure they'd drop at least a couple of points today, the bast***.

At least we'll be out of our misery if we dont win on Wednesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

everyone on facebook and twitter having a meltdown that Chelsea beat United, but at the end of the day we were always gonna have to go to Stamford Bridge and win to leapfrog Arsenal, nothing has really changed other than we're playing for 4th and not 3rd. I'm usually very pessimistic when Spurs are playing but I have strange feeling we could beat Chelsea this Wed!

We won't beat Chelsea at the bridge. We might not lose but we won't win. I think our biggest hope now is Wigan pulling yet another rabbit from the hat and nick one on Arsenal. I hope I'm eating my words shortly but I can't see it any other way.

chelsea have to play us and villa
    Arsenal have to play Wigan

Lets just sit tight and see how it plays out.

chelsea have to play us and villa
    Arsenal have to play Wigan

Lets just sit tight and see how it plays out.

Newcastle might not be safe either on final day when goons come to town..all to play for regardless of wed night result

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Well that's that.

You are the king of pessimists.

This means we have to win at Chelsea. No bad thing in my view

• Advertisement

Yeah, the players have to approach each game like a cup final now. There's no two ways about it. Which is a good thing. Didnt like the idea of us playing for draw anyway.

Advertisement