Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The race for 4th..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Pocaide

First and foremost I am an Arsenal fan, but I would admit last season ye were robbed by Chelsea winning the champions league Arsenal were not great this season like the 8-9 seasons we seem the get in gear post Christmas when our top 4 spot is in jepordary.

Gareth Bale is like RVP for us last season, what a player though.

If we make it to c/l well done but still so much to play for hope we finish above ye but at the same time if ye finish above us can't argue.

Avb was a good signing as maager.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Pocaide wrote: »
    First and foremost I am an Arsenal fan, but I would admit last season ye were robbed by Chelsea winning the champions league Arsenal were not great this season like the 8-9 seasons we seem the get in gear post Christmas when our top 4 spot is in jepordary.

Gareth Bale is like RVP for us last season, what a player though.

If we make it to c/l well done but still so much to play for hope we finish above ye but at the same time if ye finish above us can't argue.

Avb was a good signing as maager.

At this point in the season, we can't really argue if Arsenal pip us for 3rd/4th. Our form has been poor, and we've been barely winning our matches recently. We were much stronger at the start of the season, but we didn't keep that form up through a mixture of injuries and fixture pile up, which our squad isn't strong enough for (imo).

And if you do finish ahead of us, once i've calmed down (and stopped calling you all names :P), i'll have to say fair play and congrats.

But for now...get outta here, ya Gooner :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

The loss to Liverpool stings the most. We should never have lost that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kiith wrote: »
    At this point in the season, we can't really argue if Arsenal pip us for 3rd/4th. Our form has been poor, and we've been barely winning our matches recently. We were much stronger at the start of the season, but we didn't keep that form up through a mixture of injuries and fixture pile up, which our squad isn't strong enough for (imo).

And if you do finish ahead of us, once i've calmed down (and stopped calling you all names :P), i'll have to say fair play and congrats.

But for now...get outta here, ya Gooner :pac:

Arsenal went on a great run after we beat them but the last 3-4 games they have been awful (much like ourselves).

Our seasons have been very similar - good runs put together and periods of awfulness in between. In fact, as a team arsenal are probably stronger because if it wasn't for Bale we'd be long out of the race by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Stoke safe after tonight...perfect timing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Stoke now safe as they are six points clear of Wigan with big goal difference. This might take the sting out of this game. Although Swansea didn't do likewise tonight. Still I would prefer to be playing a Stoke side not requiring a result against us. Sunderland are Threadbear on outfield players between injuries and suspensions. These little things could just be the little luck that could help us in our quest for top four. Maybe, just maybe we could get away with a draw against Chelsea. Obviously a win there would be fukn great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Rumour doing the rounds that Martinez is off to Everton next year and that its a done deal. Where that leaves Moyes I don't know but back to Wigan, do they go out in a blaze of glory or a wimper (V Arsenal) if this is true!

Just hope none of our players say anything gobby about Stoke before Sunday. Don't need to be stirring them up like the Szczesny did us. Don't believe in god but I mite have to give him a try tomorrow evening. God, ciggerettes and loads of beer may just see me through the game. I have a feeling we'l all be as twitchy as Arry during this match. Hopefully some of our other players give Gareth a hand out with a goal or two. His shoulders must be getting a bit sore now.

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Rumour doing the rounds that Martinez is off to Everton next year and that its a done deal. Where that leaves Moyes I don't know but back to Wigan, do they go out in a blaze of glory or a wimper (V Arsenal) if this is true!

Bookies have reported a flurry of bets on Moyes taking the no.2 job at old Trafford, especially since SAF will miss some time with a hip op in the summer.

Good news in relation to stoke been safe.

Wigan are now desperate for a win against Arsenal but is it too little too late and if they lose the F.A. cup will they just fall apart. A win tonight would have given them hope as well as a winning mentally going to Arsenal. , we can't have it all our own way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Good news in relation to stoke been safe.

Wigan are now desperate for a win against Arsenal but is it too little too late and if they lose the F.A. cup will they just fall apart. A win tonight would have given them hope as well as a winning mentally going to Arsenal. , we can't have it all our own way.

All we need is for them to draw with Arsenal. They will be trying anyway as long as escape is still a possibility

I'll be looking for a good stream later tonight.

Was half thinking of going into Tom Mayes on Dorset St for it but the missus has her fecking Pilates or Yoga or some sh1te so I'll have the nipper in bed by 7.30 and then its match time.

I dunno why we are all feeling quietly confident (myself included), if been a spurs fan has thought us anything it about getting our hopes up to soon, false dawns etc. Jayzus you'd think we'd know better by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

I'll be looking for a good stream later tonight.

Was half thinking of going into Tom Mayes on Dorset St for it but the missus has her fecking Pilates or Yoga or some sh1te so I'll have the nipper in bed by 7.30 and then its match time.

I dunno why we are all feeling quietly confident (myself included), if been a spurs fan has thought us anything it about getting our hopes up to soon, false dawns etc. Jayzus you'd think we'd know better by now.

fcuk it our luck has to turn sometime, karma i think, chelsea done us last year by fluking the champions league, so we have to get the rub of the green tonight.

can anyone see it now big Jan Vertonghen striding up the pitch in the last minute, taking a shot which knocks john terry clean out and flies in the opposite direction into top corner :D oh that would be the best ending ever, s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

We haven't won at SB since 1990, then again we hadn't won at OT until 1989.

I am an eternal pessimist when it comes to Spurs but for reasons unknown to man I believe 100% that we are going to win well tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

just did the predictor again and i think these are very possible results

chelsea 2 - 0 spurs

villa 1 - 0 chelsea

stoke 1 - 1 spurs

arsenal 1 - 1 wigan

chelsea 2 -1 everton

newcastle 1 - 0 arsenal

spurs 2 - 0 sunderland

the above gives us 4th spot - 1 point ahead of arsenal.

Now if arsenal beat wigan then we will need to get 3 points from somewhere - either 2 nite or against stoke or a mixture of both.

^^^ I dunno man, thats a lot of other results we need to go our way but it does prove that its not all over if we fail to win tonight.

^^^ I dunno man, thats a lot of other results we need to go our way but it does prove that its not all over if we fail to win tonight.

well its only 2 results becuase chelsea will get3rd based on those results.

All we need is wigan and newcastle to do the business.

newcastle will be under pressure the final day to win at home and try finish on a high.

mickman wrote: »
    well its only 2 results becuase chelsea will get3rd based on those results.

All we need is wigan and newcastle to do the business.

newcastle will be under pressure the final day to win at home and try finish on a high.

you really think arsenal will only take 1 point from 6 in their last two games, they will get at least 4 if not maximum, we need to step up to the plate and win all our games, its in our own hands and lets not rely on others

hugo29 wrote: »
    you really think arsenal will only take 1 point from 6 in their last two games, they will get at least 4 if not maximum, we need to step up to the plate and win all our games, its in our own hands and lets not rely on others

i dont think they will beat newcastle at st james

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

mickman wrote: »
    i dont think they will beat newcastle at st james

I do agree but with Arsenals luck they probably will...

Maybe we'll see another 4-4?!

• Advertisement

Nervous wreck today....BELIEVE

Nervous wreck today....BELIEVE

Know exactly how you feel. Isnt it amazing how a game of football can affect our emotions and our life.

A win tonight we will be delighted, delarious and upbeat about all things Spurs. Lose and we will have a collective depression and all the negativity pours out.

Still who would swap this for the days of mid-table mediocrity and emotional stability?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

We're still in the running, but we need a favour from someone and also need to win 2 games, fingers crossed.

Is there any combination that means we finish on the same points and lose out on goal difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Is there any combination that means we finish on the same points and lose out on goal difference?

Any number of results ... We win one, loose one, Chelsea loose both; we draw one and loose one, arsenal loose both ... And so on. Like last season, and three years ago, I look back on some very sloppy results against teams we should have hammered. We need another centre half, and Sandro back, and a striker.

@MarcSpurs: Spurs fans looking for a crumb of something from Arse v Wigan..Mike Dean is the ref.. AFC last 18 games he has reffed P18 W1 D5 L12 #badluck

Come on Wigan!

irishmover wrote: »
    @MarcSpurs: Spurs fans looking for a crumb of something from Arse v Wigan..Mike Dean is the ref.. AFC last 18 games he has reffed P18 W1 D5 L12 #badluck

Come on Wigan!

Martinez prob going Everton, him and players Won't give a sh!te,
    I really hope I am wrong, but we are fooked

Its like some sort of conspiracy against Spurs. ha.

Martinez is very likely to be leaving so yes, there's a risk the players will be effected. And not only that, if Wigan lose at the weekend that means Newcastle are safe so they wont even turn up the following weekend against Arsenal. Yes, they might be at home and they should want to end on a high note but it looks like there is something rotten behind the scenes at Newcastle, Pardew might have lost the dressing room and I think the players cant wait for the season to end tbh.

Have an awful feeling we'll lose out by just a point or worse goal difference.

if Wigan lose at the weekend that means Newcastle are safe so they wont even turn up the following weekend against Arsenal.

Incorrect. It could all be down to our old pal 'arry to pull off a shock result this weekend. QPR cant win at home and Newcastle can't win away. Something has got to give.

Basically Wigan just need to match Newcastles result this weekend to take it to the last day. Both have the same goal difference. QPR have got to get a result sometime!! For us to have a chance we need something to be riding on that Toon V Arsenal game on the last day

• Advertisement

Newcastle to draw thus still leaving them in a dog fight. Wigan to beat Arsenal and then Newcastle requiring maximum points against Arsenal.

*Prays*

Advertisement