Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The race for 4th..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

I'm preparing a lasagne.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

irishmover wrote: »
    @MarcSpurs: Spurs fans looking for a crumb of something from Arse v Wigan..Mike Dean is the ref.. AFC last 18 games he has reffed P18 W1 D5 L12 #badluck

Come on Wigan!
    I like that stat :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

this is a very good point

Take a look at the number of points we’ve missed out on CL qualification by in the last five or six years, then look at the number of points dropped in August as Levy pursues his transfer brinkmanship policy.

http://blog.martincloake.com/2013/05/09/avb-he-should-be-so-lucky/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

BELIEVE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

mickman wrote: »
    this is a very good point

Take a look at the number of points we’ve missed out on CL qualification by in the last five or six years, then look at the number of points dropped in August as Levy pursues his transfer brinkmanship policy.

http://blog.martincloake.com/2013/05/09/avb-he-should-be-so-lucky/[/QUOTE]

I'd be more interested to see the amount of points we've dropped in February/March/April in the last few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Anyone see Benitez resting alot of his players against Villa ahead of the Europa League final?

irishmover wrote: »
    Anyone see Benitez resting alot of his players against Villa ahead of the Europa League final?

He can field two very strong teams. Lampard for one will come in , ba, etc

mickman wrote: »
    He can field two very strong teams. Lampard for one will come in , ba, etc

He did make like 10 changes to the team a while ago and lost 3-1 to Southampton.

If he starts players like Mikel and Benayoun Villa would surely have a chance...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

For all the talk of fixture congestion, fatique etc, we didnt see much evidence of it last wednesday.

Not sure if someone mentioned it on here or the soccer forum but the thing to do seems to be to stop them taking a lead in the first half and then hava a go in the closing stage when they should be tiring.

• Advertisement

For all the talk of fixture congestion, fatique etc, we didnt see much evidence of it last wednesday.

Not sure if someone mentioned it on here or the soccer forum but the thing to do seems to be to stop them taking a lead in the first half and then hava a go in the closing stage when they should be tiring.

Overall it has though. If Chelsea didn't have such a large amount of games to play they should have been overtaking Man City for 2nd spot long ago. Yet they're still needing a win 2nd last game of the season to ensure CL football.

The game congestion could be used as an excuse as to why they faltered a bit in the latter stages in the game against Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Go Villa!!

I was gonna watch the game on a stream but now I'm afraid I might jinx it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Ramirez off and Villa 1up at HT, great stuff!

Need to stay calm.... Anything can happen in the second half..

If Chelsea lose today and win mid week then they will struggle against Everton on the final day

We just have to win our last 2 games !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

How I wish we had just 1 more point?...will the toffees turn up last day? That's the big question.. If they do Chelsea are in for a right game and they now minus the services of Ramires for that game

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Terry booked too & walking the tightrope already if they get at him in 2nd half hopefully get sent him off too the fecker..

Great goal by Bentekke if we had him all season(instead of Ade) & the amount of chances we create he would be on 20 lg goals already & we would have 3rd if not 2nd place cemented already imo..

sign em up Levy.. & for today come on villa they will never get a better chance to get revenge for that 8.0 at the Bridge

How I wish we had just 1 more point?...will the toffees turn up last day? That's the big question.. If they do Chelsea are in for a right game and they now minus the services of Ramires for that game

I don't see why not... Manager of 11 years service final match in charge... Surely they'd want to put in a shift...

Lets just get this weekend out of the way first. Aston Villa winning and us beating Stoke away tomorrow has to happen before we even think about Everton beating Chelsea!!

Just imagine if Man Utd beat Chelsea like they were supposed to...

• Advertisement

Toffees always turn up and moyes last game

balls 1-1 benttekke off :-(

John Terry made a meal of a nothing high foot-went down like he had been hit by a bus ffs

Turned on. Benteke just sent off and then Lanpard scores a minute later... Sorry lads... Completely jinxed it..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Bugger, Bentenke off now and Lampard scores

Villa all over them..

Chelsea had a shot at goal cross the line & not given in a goalmouth scramble..a little bit of karma for that FA semi robbery against us last season..

Terry off on a stretcher ha ha ha ha u ****...karma karma karma..ha ha ha hope his scummy career is finished

That ball crossed the line.. Thank god no goal line technology just yet.

LAMPS with an88thmin goal must be a winner

Really is just typical Chelsea.

• Advertisement

That's Chelsea out of sight

Need arsenal to drop points and we need 6 points

Hopes are getting thinner

Advertisement