Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The race for 4th..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

ziedth wrote: »
    Don't worry about Liverpool I think when it goes against them in the next 12 weeks they will fall apart like a house of cards.

It's nice to be back in the pack today. Big big next couple of weeks I feel.

True - Liverppol where bound to improve (they couldn't get much worse)
    They'll definetly have a say on where the title ends up - but they'll do well to finish 5th

Wow, there's some amount of games to be played out between the top 6 yet - gonna make for an exciting end of season.

We're down to the last dozen or so games and each of the top 6 still have to play at least 4 games each against their rivals - deadly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Brian49

can anyone help me to try and get one match ticket for the upcoming spurs v west ham game on 19th march...i am desperate...HELP!

Ta
    Brian49

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Brian49 wrote: »
    can anyone help me to try and get one match ticket for the upcoming spurs v west ham game on 19th march...i am desperate...HELP!

Ta
    Brian49

Wrong thread mate, stick it in here !

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055337661&page=27

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

If we had a better start we could of been in with a title shot surprise losses against the likes of west ham and Wigan are realistically why we aren't being touted as title challengers and I do wonder if we had Daws for those few months we probably could of picked up some extra points too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

In the race for 3rd now after today - City away looks huge again!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

If we had a better start we could of been in with a title shot surprise losses against the likes of west ham and Wigan are realistically why we aren't being touted as title challengers and I do wonder if we had Daws for those few months we probably could of picked up some extra points too!

Very good point you make. Even if we had drawn those games we'd be sitting level with City on points but with a game in hand.

We'll probably need 24 points from the remaining 36 to get a top four placed this year
    Games against Blackpool Home and away west brom west ham Birmingham Arsenal stoke should all be viewed as must wins.

Back in the mix now. 9 from 9 without playing well is a great return.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Back in the mix now. 9 from 9 without playing well is a great return.

Hate to say it but "Man Utd'esq"....not paly well but still come out with the 3pts !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Fcukin hell lads, we're 2 pts behind City with a game in hand!:eek: Where have I been?? Thought they were like 5/6/7 points ahead of us..! Very achievable again!

THFC wrote: »
    Fcukin hell lads, we're 2 pts behind City with a game in hand!:eek: Where have I been?? Thought they were like 5/6/7 points ahead of us..! Very achievable again!
    We managed to get 9 points from three very very tricky games and if we can continue this form we are in with a great chance of getting 3rd or fourth this year which would be huge! Also did anyone notice we have like the second best away form in the league it's the draws at home that are killing us!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

THFC wrote: »

More to the point there are only 12 games left, if we could only keep this up for the next three games and hopefully grab at the very least 7 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Penalty to Fulham to win the game and give Chelsea no points!!! Please Danny Murphy, do us a favour!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Dempsey took it. Don't know why it wasn't Murphy, but it was saved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

SuprSi wrote: »
    Dempsey took it. Don't know why it wasn't Murphy, but it was saved.

Murphy was taken off thats why dempsey took it

we play blackpool tomorrow week before chelsea play utd the following tuesday

lets go 5 points clear of em next week COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

BERBA wrote: »
    Murphy was taken off thats why dempsey took it

we play blackpool tomorrow week before chelsea play utd the following tuesday

lets go 5 points clear of em next week COYS

And 3rd place ahead of Citeh!
    COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

The 0-0 tonight between Fulham and Chelsea was a good result for us. Obviously, could have been better if Dempsey had scored the peno but I only got to see the 2nd half and from what I saw it was all Chelsea one way traffic.

We're now in a position after this weekend results that we could actually be challenging for 3rd place, what with our game in hand on City.

Starting to wonder if the Torres signing for Chelsea has unsettled their established front men. In his first two games Torres has looked a shadow of himself but Anelka, Drogba and Malouda have suddenly seem to have gone missing in the same two games. If it has got under their skin then it's all good from our perspective.

Their next 3 Pl games are Man U, Blackpool and City and I can't see them getting 9 out of 9 points, whereas our next 3 are Blackpool, Wolves and West Ham. If we don't fcuk up then we could have a buffer of maybe 5 points or more come April. Perfect scenario would be Man U and Blackpool to beat Chelsea and City to draw with them. Can't see that happening though, so we have to make sure we get max points from our next three League games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Say we get a modest 7 or ambitious 9 from our next three games and Chelsea get 2/3/4 which I can easily see happen (Utd will kill them and I can def see City taking points) that is not bad 5/6 point gap to have on them coming into April.

I don't think I can remember a bigger three league games for us in a row.

We still have a tough run of games with city arsenal Liverpool and Chelsea still to play so we need maximum points wherever we can get them.
    Fortunaetly they all have to play each other and United as well I wonder could this season see the lowest points total in a long time for the title?

• Advertisement

One game at a time lads. The PL is so unpredictable, anything can happen...

Did a post in the soccer forum and just checked the stats about Chelsea since Ray Wilkins left and we are actually second in the table 14 games since he left two points less than United and one goal extra conceded. Very impressive pity we didn't start the season like that! Still a long way to go.

Those next 3 games are looking even more crucial now. I'll be kicking myself if we drop anymore then 2 points from a possible 9.

I can just see myself staring at the table in a months time saying 'if only, if only, if only we had beat *insert blackpool/Wolves/Spammers here* we'd be in 3rd/4th place now instead of 5th etc etc.

Hopefully I'm wrong. We need our squad players to come good for us now but with the amount of injuries we have at the moment we'll be pushed to our limits.

Is too soon to start worrying about what happens if we finish 4th and Chelski finish 5th but go on to win the CL final?

Chelski will get into the CL next season to defend theie CL title?

Is too soon to start worrying about what happens if we finish 4th and Chelski finish 5th but go on to win the CL final?

Chelksi will get into the CL next season to defend theie CL title?

Can't see Chelsea winning it at all myself they've been terrible lately I'm hoping they don't turn a corner before we play them next.

Hopefully, the last time we played them they were in the middle of a short-lived mini-revivial (having beaten someone else 6-0 in the cup the weekend before i think).

Those next 3 games are looking even more crucial now.I'll be kicking myself if we drop anymore then 2 points from a possible 9.

I can just see myself staring at the table in a months time saying 'if only, if only, if only we had beat *insert blackpool/Wolves/Spammers here* we'd be in 3rd/4th place now instead of 5th etc etc.

Hopefully I'm wrong. We need our squad players to come good for us now but with the amount of injuries we have at the moment we'll be pushed to our limits.

Well that didn't take long!

*kicks self*

The 3 points thrown away last night could prove vital come May...time will tell I suppose, but to look back and say that Blackpool were the cause of us not getting 4th would be sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

but to look back and say that Blackpool were the cause of us not getting 4th would be sickening.

To be fair if we don't finish 4th it will because of Spurs and not anyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

We're still better off than we were at this point last season and we have an easier run in than last season too.

Glass is half full imo, not half empty. We have to beat Wolves on March 6th now to make up for last night.

Advertisement