Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The race for 4th..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Fcuk

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

****e defending ffs wigan 2soft goals

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Nooooooooooooooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

ggggggggggaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!! ****ing filth!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Arsenal fan celebrating across from me here in work, hes a new guy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

And that my friends is that:(

How did they beat Man City with that shyte defence?

balls! ah Newcastle will hold them to a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

nooooooooooo

Alan Pardew might do us a favour:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Balls to that then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

At least Saab Ed will enjoy our Europa League journey next season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Hopefully Newcastle will do something. Pity to see Wigan go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

All down to final game

You would have to fancy both spurs and arsenal winning now on Sunday but maybe and only maybe Newcastle might want to finish their terrible season on a high

• Registered Users Posts: 51,760 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

mickman wrote: »
    All down to final game

You would have to fancy both spurs and arsenal winning now on Sunday but maybe and only maybe Newcastle might want to finish their terrible season on a high

Sunderland too :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Ya know that feeling when ya just got dumped?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Ya know that feeling when ya just got dumped?!

Dumped on

ah well another year of Europa league football holding us back from achieving our true potential in the league. Goodbye mr bale it was an absolute pleasure!:(

tom1ie wrote: »
    ah well another year of Europa league football holding us back from achieving our true potential in the league. Goodbye mr bale it was an absolute pleasure!:(

Yes this is probably the outcome but there is still a small chance Newcastle will get something at home against the gooners. So we could still get CL football if we beat Sunderland. If not life and football goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

Wigan cost spurs a lot of points for the last two seasons so I have mixed feelings about tonights result.
    Cant see Newcastle doing anything on Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Well that's that then. In fairness to Arsenal that is a hell of a run they are on the tail end of the season.

Maybe the unthinkable will happen on Sunday but my gut tells me it's Europa again

Wigan cost spurs a lot of points for the last two seasons so I have mixed feelings about tonights result.
    Cant see Newcastle doing anything on Sunday

Ya can't blame Wigan for taking points off us, thats their job. Its our own fault. Arsenal Have ground out three points without playing well in plenty of games since losing to us while we couldn't do the same as often despite Bales efforts.
    I still think we should postpone the Post-Mortem until after Sunday. Ya just never can tell what the future holds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Was never gonna happen once the second half got going, Wenger knew it too "We had problems keeping the ball. But when they got tired after the Cup final, we got a good win as it was becoming difficult for them."

Hope for a slip up against a poor Newcastle side on Sunday, won't hold out too much though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Regardless of the result tonight spurs still need to beat Sunderland on the weekend. Maybe Newcastle will do ur a favor.
    If spurs don't get 4th it's still been a great season. Lots of potential for next year with some investment and hopefully levy sees that.
    Good point was made in another thread that next season the current top 3 will have new management. Why can't spurs build on this season and aim for 3rd 2nd or heaven forbid 1st?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

gar wrote: »
    Regardless of the result tonight spurs still need to beat Sunderland on the weekend. Maybe Newcastle will do ur a favor.
    If spurs don't get 4th it's still been a great season. Lots of potential for next year with some investment and hopefully levy sees that.
    Good point was made in another thread that next season the current top 3 will have new management. Why can't spurs build on this season and aim for 3rd 2nd or heaven forbid 1st?

If we have CL football next season and not the Europa League then it may well be possible. I'm not so sure if we don't have the extra pull for players.

If we lose out by a point or goal difference so be it but surely after how much our club has changed in the past season it's a step forward. After an almost complete change of management and background staff and losing some key players we're still taking Arsenal to the last game of the season to finish ahead of us and get the last CL spot (as it turned out last season).

Surely it's a sign of better things to come for the club with a bit of backing.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

sad end even with 1 game left,consistency has won the 4th spot and the league,arsenal have only dropped 2 points recently.
    1 striker signed even as late as January would have got us third.Hope Levy wakes up and releases the cash before its too late.
    positives we have a v good manager s now back him with the cash,we have some muppets with loads of cash before and got a big at zero.Bale in his best form ever and Vertongen and we beat United just need to beat the weaker teams more often.hope Dembele is fully fit and not to forget the "beast sandro" ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

For all that Bale that has done for us this season, for the right money I'd let him go. It'd be wrong to see him not play in the CL. 40 million squid, anyone can take him. Just give us another Dembele:D

Even if we do make the CL,let him go if he wants to go/demands too much. Adebayor has plenty of goals in him with the right motivation imo.

Ilik Urgee wrote: »
    For all that Bale that has done for us this season, for the right money I'd let him go. It'd be wrong to see him not play in the CL. 40 million squid, anyone can take him. Just give us another Dembele:D

Even if we do make the CL,let him go if he wants to go/demands too much. Adebayor has plenty of goals in him with the right motivation imo.

Is this Arsene again?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Is this Arsene again?

You don't agree I take it.

Advertisement