Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The race for 4th..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Chelsea would have been in the europa league even if they finished 20th, they won the fa cup last year, they beat spurs 5-1 in the semi finals if I remember correctly.

And best of luck in the europa league next year :)

And this post sums up why I hate that club. Always will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

KingdomYid wrote: »

Why?

Why?

Its the arrogance of it all, there is a chance we might be in the Champions League next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Saab Ed wrote: »
    If we take Europa league football seriously next year then I'll want AVB gone. If we dont then I'm happy. I was one of his harshed critcs at he beginning of the season and I've had to eat very large amounts of humble pie (and rightly so) but his one major blot was not to ease of on a tired team playing in so many competitions.

Europa league is junk, its not where we want to be and its a road to nowhere. Top 4, CL football every year is where we need to be. Those games V Inter and then along with Fulham and Liverpool have cost us CL football. lets hope its not forgotten.
    I can't believe this. You need more humble pie man!!!

Let's just presume that we win on Sunday, which we should even taking into account that we're Spurs. That will be 72 points, out highest ever tally in the PL. Enough for CL every season since 07-08 when there was 4 very strong teams. That in itself is enough for him to be staying.
    Then look at the fact we lost King, Kaboul, VDV and Modric last summer, along with arguably our most influential player in Sandro halfway through the season, and throw in the fact that Adebayor was absolute pigshít for 90% of the games.
    Then take into account he's only inherited the squad, he's completely changed the way we play and he's brought in a whole a new backroom team along with training strategies and like.

Madness to even contemplate getting rid of him. Call me deluded, but 3 seasons down the line I fully believe we will take a shot at the title. I think is the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Ah it doesn't bother me. They struggle to fill their stadium week in week out, its run by gangsters and if winning the Europa league after spending a bazillion quid is deemed success then let them keep on cooing.

• Advertisement

Its the arrogance of it all, there is a chance we might be in the Champions League next year.

The arrogance of winning trophies?

Anyway I only posted that because you were winding all the Chelsea fans up in the match thread :pac:.

Think some of the spurs fans take their rivalry with Chelsea and Arsenal far too seriously, hating teams and calling them scum is ott.

THFC wrote: »
    I can't believe this. You need more humble pie man!!!

Let's just presume that we win on Sunday, which we should even taking into account that we're Spurs. That will be 72 points, out highest ever tally in the PL. Enough for CL every season since 07-08 when there was 4 very strong teams. That in itself is enough for him to be staying.
    Then look at the fact we lost King, Kaboul, VDV and Modric last summer, along with arguably our most influential player in Sandro halfway through the season, and throw in the fact that Adebayor was absolute pigshít for 90% of the games.
    Then take into account he's only inherited the squad, he's completely changed the way we play and he's brought in a whole a new backroom team along with training strategies and like.

Madness to even contemplate getting rid of him. Call me deluded, but 3 seasons down the line I fully believe we will take a shot at the title. I think is the man.

I think that makes it all the worse if we do miss out. I can't imagine he will make the same mistake again anyway.

Anyway I only posted that because you were winding all the Chelsea fans up in the match thread :pac:.

Think some of the spurs fans take their rivalry with Chelsea and Arsenal far too seriously, hating teams and calling them scum is ott.

Fancy a game of hide and go fcuk yourself?

Fair enough, I did probably overdo it in match thread. I never ever use the word scum though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Chelsea would have been in the europa league even if they finished 20th, they won the fa cup last year, they beat spurs 5-1 in the semi finals if I remember correctly.

And best of luck in the europa league next year :)

How long you following chelski?...may last year?...thought so...yere a plastic club....captain leader legend epitomises all that is good about that club...just ask Wayne bridge.

• Advertisement

Fancy a game of hide and go fcuk yourself?

You seem nice :pac:. And no it's ok, you can keep playing that game by yourself.
    How long you following chelski?...may last year?...thought so...yere a plastic club....captain leader legend epitomises all that is good about that club...just ask Wayne bridge.

Nope, supported them long before Abramovich took over but if it helps you sleep easier you can think whatever you like.

Nope, supported them long before Abramovich took over but if it helps you sleep easier you can think whatever you like.

I think you can stay. You can be our house gimp. We can refer to you as the blue gimp. Great stuff, stick around .

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

what the **** lads.

I think you can stay. You can be our house gimp. We can refer to you as the blue gimp. Great stuff, stick around .

You'd like that wouldn't you, think I'll call you Frietzel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I'm hearing now that Newcastle will have to play 3rd choice keeper Steve Harper who is retiring at the end of the season because of injuries,what else can go wrong for us? might as well play Marin Fulop and just get it over with.

tippspur wrote: »
    I'm hearing now that Newcastle will have to play 3rd choice keeper Steve Harper who is retiring at the end of the season because of injuries,what else can go wrong for us? might as well play Marin Fulop and just get it over with.

Yupp Krul injured and Elliot suspended, must be said though that Harper cannot be even half as poor as Fulop was in that game last year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yupp Krul injured and Elliot suspended, must be said though that Harper cannot be even half as poor as Fulop was in that game last year.

I just watched the highlights for that game again. Fulop had to have done that on purpose...as no professional goalkeeper should be making those kind of mistakes (bar Gomes of course :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Oh great so now Chelsea fans consider the Europa league a great trophy to win? I wonder what they would have thought if you asked them that last season... Or better yet, if Spurs won it this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I agree with this, this is a sport guys and there is no place in it for "scum / hatred" etc.

Rivalry is healthy but hatred is far from healthy . Life is too short!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

mickman wrote: »
    I agree with this, this is a sport guys and there is no place in it for "scum / hatred" etc.

John terry deserves to be hated. he is a scumbag of the highest order!!!

• Advertisement

John terry deserves to be hated. he is a scumbag of the highest order!!!

so what ? Dont let it get to you man.

so what ? Dont let it get to you man.

i don't like scumbags succeeding!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I don't quite agree with him. He's somehow claiming Spurs fans hold too much of a grudge over Arseal and Chelsea when in reality there are a huge amount of fans in all these clubs, and every other club for that matter, who call people all sorts of things and hold all sorts of grudges.

I agree with the rest though, no need for silly name calling. What irritates me the most is 'Spuds' not scum. But I guess plenty of Arse or Cheatski fans feel the same about their respective names!!

i don't like scumbags succeeding!!

Im not his biggest fan but he has succeeded because he was / is a top defender and a leader of chelsea.

I for one would have loved to have had him in our team over the past 10 years.

Im not his biggest fan but he has succeeded because he was / is a top defender and a leader of chelsea.

I for one would have loved to have had him in our team over the past 10 years.

great player but a horrible human being. ripping off his own fans and doing the dirt on his best mate and trying his best to get rid of managers he doesn't like.id pass to be honest

great player but a horrible human being. ripping off his own fans and doing the dirt on his best mate and trying his best to get rid of managers he doesn't like.id pass to be honest

so you would have passed on giggs too ?

i wouldve held onto giggs till bale started doing the business;-)Wed enough honest centre halves that we couldve done without terry.just my opinion but i think there was too much player power at chelski.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

This thread has gone to $hit

Sounds more like an episode of Eastenders than anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

how can you compare giggs to terry

seriously, giggs had an affair with his brothers wife, WRONG yes

john terry, sat in a airport bar and slagged and laughed at american tourists while 9/11 was being reported

john terry is a racist

john terry sat on the bench with his kit under a tracksuit so he could run onto pitch at final whistle and look like he was playing in photos

if i had the time i would go on, he was a decent centre half who gave his all but and its a big but " he is a out and out scumbag"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

Ormus wrote: »
    This thread has gone to $hit

Sounds more like an episode of Eastenders than anything else.

you are right, who cares what chelsea did, congrats on winning, first team to win all major european trophies, champions league and europa cup in successive years well done, we are spurs and we need to concentrate on what we have to do , fcuk chelsea

Advertisement