Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The race for 4th..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

4 weeks out is great though, especially considering he's scored something like 40% of their goals. I don't mind him being back for our City game as long as they struggle to score in the interim and lose a few matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

The Tevez is injury is a huge blow to City.

The FA Cup Final is scheduled for the 14th of May, 4 days after we play City. So if they do get to the Final they will have a busy end to their season.

We can only worry about our own results.. 6 points from the Arsenal and West Brom games will ramp up the pressure nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

it has never so important to beat Arsenal,those last few draws could be costly,hope the players can lift it,its not like we will playing Real Madrid like teams for the rest of the season.it would be a great boost to get 3rd/4th again as we could strenghten our striker and centre half position.
    C'mon the Spurs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

City were excellent today in the cup. No way wud we beat them at eastlands if they played like today

Let's hope yaya toure is out as his performanr today was ad good as I have ever seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

mickman wrote: »
    City were excellent today in the cup. No way wud we beat them at eastlands if they played like today

Let's hope yaya toure is out as his performanr today was ad good as I have ever seen

Good chance they might take their eye off the ball considering were playing em 4 days before FA Cup final:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

West ham look like they will go down now so robbie will be back at the lane in the summer. Disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

we play Man City 4 days before they play in the cup final

interesting.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

mickman wrote: »

Have you seen Messi over the last few seasons ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Great result last night all things considered.

Looking at our run in gotta beat Brom, Birmingham, City, Blackpool and get a win out of Pool or Chelsea and we're free and clear. Now, that of course won't happen so it's gonna come down to City too.

Can someone put up their run in?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭sniffingchimp

City fixtures:

Monday, 25 April 2011
    Barclays Premier League
    Blackburn v Man City, 20:00
    Sunday, 1 May 2011
    Barclays Premier League
    Man City v West Ham, 16:10
    Saturday, 7 May 2011
    Barclays Premier League
    Everton v Man City, 15:00
    Tuesday, 10 May 2011
    Barclays Premier League
    Man City v Tottenham, 19:45
    Saturday, 14 May 2011
    The FA Cup
    Man City v Stoke, F, 15:00
    Tuesday, 17 May 2011
    Barclays Premier League
    Man City v Stoke, 19:45
    Sunday, 22 May 2011
    Barclays Premier League
    Bolton v Man City, 16:00

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I can't see City dropping many, if any, points against their teams. I'm not going to say their run in is easy, but it's so much easier then ours is, and i'd be very surprised (and fuppin delighted) if we managed to overtake them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

They have 3 relegation threatened teams [Blackburn, west ham, bolton] to play and an always tricky Everton, I'd be more surprised if they didn't drop points against one of them

Everton away= Never Easy
    West Ham= In a dog fight more then up for it.
    Blackburn/Stoke= Unlikely to drop points but anything can happen on matchday.

We HAVE to be in a position that a win and we overtake them come our trip to Manchester.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

ziedth wrote: »
    Everton away= Never Easy
    West Ham= In a dog fight more then up for it.
    Blackburn/Stoke= Unlikely to drop points but anything can happen on matchday.

We HAVE to be in a position that a win and we overtake them come our trip to Manchester.

Stoke could be in a strange position that it will benefit them to lose the game.

If City beat Stoke in the FA Cup final that's stoke out of Europe unless city happen to finish 4th. That concerns me tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Stoke could be in a strange position that it will benefit them to lose the game.

If City beat Stoke in the FA Cup final that's stoke out of Europe unless city happen to finish 4th. That concerns me tbh.

The flipside to that is if City win the cup it would be to Liverpools advantage to let Spurs finish 4th so they can gurantee themselves Europe.

We still have to go to Anfield.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

golfball37 wrote: »
    The flipside to that is if City win the cup it would be to Liverpools advantage to let Spurs finish 4th so they can gurantee themselves Europe.

We still have to go to Anfield.

I'm not as worried about that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

If we snatched 4th from City again.....that would be NOM.

I'd love it. Even if we got a nightmare group next year just to rob megabucks city again.

Not sure I even want us to finish 5th tbh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Not sure I even want us to finish 5th tbh :(
    I hope we finish 6th. 4th is gone, we may as well accept that now. I think City only need one more win to guarantee that, and the EL is only a distraction. Add to that we have never performed well in the league while playing in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

THFC wrote: »
    I hope we finish 6th. 4th is gone, we may as well accept that now. I think City only need one more win to guarantee that, and the EL is only a distraction. Add to that we have never performed well in the league while playing in Europe.

I'd agree with this. The Europa League is more of a hindrance. If we were to qualify for it I'd be playing reserves and youths every game, but given injuries you'll always find a couple of regulars pressed into action.

anyone question the way Scharwzer left in 2 of the goals last night,if it was Gomes who let those in ,pictures would be all over sky sports saying what a disaster,a few liverpool fans stated today that the felt he might have been bribed,(allegedly),the goal where he catches the post with 2 hands before the ball was kicked in is questionable ,possibly bad goalkeeping??

SWP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Thank you Harry! Now rollover next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Hatch99 wrote: »
    SWP :D

"Top top player" :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Nice to hear Jose tipping us! I will speculate that Mourinho has tipped us on the basis that his good friend Wesley Sneijder intends to join us:cool::cool::cool:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2257884/Jose-Mourinho--Manchester-United-win-league.html

watched title race on sky sports from last year,we really blew 3rd spot when it looked all sown up at the turn of the year.hope we can keep decent runs going with a very odd blip

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

spursman11 wrote: »
    watched title race on sky sports from last year,we really blew 3rd spot when it looked all sown up at the turn of the year.hope we can keep decent runs going with a very odd blip

If only Defoe had connected with the cross in the 89th minute vs Citeh last year. Instead of winning and going on to push for 2nd we ended up just about managing to hold on to 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Are chelsea in the middle of a (mini) crisis at the momen?

Every title (or top 4) challenging club goes through one blip in the season so hopefully they are in the middle of theirs now and we can take advantage in the upcoming fixture list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

United v Pool, Arsenal v City both draws and Spurs to win @ 20/1

Like the manager I too hope to profit from the results of the top two this weekend!

Advertisement