Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong name on cheque

Options
  • 24-01-2011 3:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭

I was sent a cheque with an error in the surname, it says a/c payee only. Would I have any problems lodging it or should I request another cheque to be issued?

Example
    my name: K Lally
    cheque: K Nally

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Crossing can only be changed by the person whom issued the chq. Best to get it changed or another sent to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

You won't be able to lodge it - send it back to the company and get the name changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

Try to lodge it they might not see a small mistake like that, if they do say you didn't see that mistake and you'll go back and get it issued again, it happened to me before and they didn't cop it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Try it - they might not cop it but if they do refuse to lodge it, just ask the person to re-write the check or to amend the existing cheque and initial it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Thanks for the replies.
    I'll ask the issuer to send a second cheque with the correct name.

• Advertisement
Advertisement