Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mage Macros

Options
  • 24-01-2011 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Hey again, may aswell post another thread :p

Mage Macros and me! I'm just wondering is there anyway to make a macro that will cast 2 spells at once or back to back? For example I'm a frost mage and I want to be able to cast my Ice Barrier and my Mana Shield at the same time, in fact if it was possible I'd also like to cast Mage Ward on top of that so I have all 3 absorb spells up within waiting to cast each one individually in an immergency.

Someone suggested this..

/cast Ice Barrier
    /cast Mana Shield

But all that does is cast Ice barrier and doesnt cast mana shield.

Whats the deal? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

impossable to do, there is a game mechanic were you have a feature called GCD(global cool down) this is when the icon goes haded and it takes roughly(depending on your stats) 0.5-1 second to come back and be able to cast.

Most spells use GCD, so you will not be able to cast the spells straight away, you can however cast them in squence with the simple

/cast 1
    /cast 2
    /cast 3

macro

were you click it 3 times, first is the first item, second is the second item and thrid is the third item.

so for your case

/cast Ice Barrier
    /cast Mana Shield

if you click it once ice barrier will be casted, once GCD is off and click it again mana shield will be casted.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Thanks C :) Gary here btw ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

-Vega- wrote: »
    Thanks C :) Gary here btw ;D

would never have guessed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

you can also use /castsequence [spell], [spell], (...)

after the break i'll share some macros i use that might give you some ideas for your own...

counterspell / spellsteal (this will make sure it will stop your casting without you having to move, jump or press the ESCAPE key; no GCD on /stopcasting)

#showtooltip Counterspell
    /stopcasting
    /cast Counterspell

ice block (one button for casting the aura and the same one pressed again to cancel it)

#showtooltip Ice block
    /cast Ice block
    /cancelaura Ice block

polymorph (very relevant nowadays announcing --or shouting, what you're morphing)

#showtooltip Polymorph
    /stopcasting
    /cast Polymorph
    /e is polymorphing %t

remove curse (rotates through your party to remove the curse)

#showtooltip Remove Curse
    /targetparty
    /cast Remove Curse

running wild (this is more to show a mod on your /cast making the boolean between brackets mandatory true to successfully cast the spell)

#showtooltip Running Wild
    /cancelaura Running Wild
    /cast [outdoors] Running Wild

mana gem (i think you'll need to change some names - i've been using the naga lately and put the mana gem on one of the quick buttons but i'm sure if you go around with the names you'll get there - also, this is very useful for when you conjure food)

#showtooltip Mana Gem
    /cast [button:2] Conjure Mana Gem
    /use [button:1] Mana Sapphire

map location (if you're not using addons that tell you coordinates instantly)

/script SetMapToCurrentZone() local x,y=GetPlayerMapPosition("player") DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(format("%s, %s: %.1f, %.1f",GetZoneText(),GetSubZoneText(),x*100,y*100))

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Thanks folks appreciate it ! Very helpful indeed! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement