Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classical Guitar Lessons Maynooth area

Options
  • 24-01-2011 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi There, I'm an adult student looking for a classical guitar teacher in Maynooth or surrounding area who can provide lessons over the summer months in preparation for the grade 6 guitar practical exam. I am currently taking lessons but they finish in June and dont resume until october. I already have grade 5 guitar and will be sitting the grade 4 theory in March and grade 5 theory in June so all going well I will be ready to take the grade 6 guitar exam after the summer.
    If anyone can recommend a teacher or if you are teaching in this area I'd like to hear from you.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

You should try the Music Dept. of the University. They should be able to recommend either a tutor operating in the department or an advanced student who is already teaching outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Maynooth School of Music used to do guitar and I imagine they still do. I'll try to dig up a phone number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

There is an arts center in mayooth in the lane between ebs(i think) and super macs, they give lessons 10 lessons for 20 euro, 40 minute lessons, pretty good value.

Dont even bother with the university, i'm a student there and was trying to get a guitar teacher(im not doing performance though) and none of the teachers were interested.

Maynooth School of music do guitar: 085 1544653

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shakyarmz

Thanks for all your help everybody and Mad Hatter I'll give Maynnoth school of music a call, but am I right in saying maynooth school of music is in blanchardstown. I currently travel into Dublin for lessons twice a week so I was hoping to get something in Maynooth. There must be a few classical guitar teachers in Maynooth particularly with Guitar being so popular and music being on the curriculum in the college.
    I have already contacted x-music who provide 10 weeks of 45 minute lessons for €300, but I really want to keep it local.

• Advertisement

shakyarmz wrote: »
    Thanks for all your help everybody and Mad Hatter I'll give Maynnoth school of music a call, but am I right in saying maynooth school of music is in blanchardstown.

Nope, it runs out of one of the primary schools in Maynooth. The office used to be in Blanch a few years back for some unknown reason, but it's totally run from Maynooth now since the current manager took over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 scarr13

HI Shakyarmz. I am a classical guitar teacher who lives in Maynooth. The Maynooth School of Music will be closed for the Summer, it is only open during term time. If you want more info just put a privater message on my profile. All the best scarr13.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shakyarmz

scarr13 wrote: »
    HI Shakyarmz. I am a classical guitar teacher who lives in Maynooth. The Maynooth School of Music will be closed for the Summer, it is only open during term time. If you want more info just put a privater message on my profile. All the best scarr13.

Been busy the last while so I didnt get a chance to check, but I thought that might have been the case.
    I'll PM my details.

Advertisement