Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental accommodation in Dundalk

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 htimsydna

Oh,and will you get Kyosushi(your alter ego) to put me on the ignore button too :D
    http://www.49nutters.com/_/Mo-truck.html
    This is you as Shindig-jp
    And on the same site :
    workingT2..html#1
    http://www.49nutters.com/_/workingT2..html#0
    Here is you as Kyosushi

I sent mail , Please advise , , I need some graphic work done for advertising project , very impressed with the concept shop idea ,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    Expect to pay between €450 and €850.

Do you drive? There are some really nice places a short drive from town, but the really central places can be pretty bad.

The big one to avoid is Muirhevnamoir (slieve foy, doolargy, drive 1, drive 2, etc). Certain parts of coxes (farndreg, marion pk, oakland pk, beechmount drive, cedarwood pk) can be bad. Also avoid fatima, saltown, mary st, barrack st, hyde pk.. some of those places are more settled than others but definitely do your research.

what a joke, Fatima has been a well settled and sought to live in area for over 20yrs, Marion PK has been well settled for over 15 yrs, Beechmount Drive goes into lower Ard Easmuinn one of the most expensive places to live in Dundalk, with the exception of Slieve Foy most if not all of the other areas you have mentioned are well settled, most of the houses in the council estate areas you mentioned have been bought and there owners still reside in them.

Its a typical slating which these areas have been getting for a long time and an unfair one, as in most housing estates you will have a bad corner but the majority of people living there are decent hard working people.

In my opinion you need to avoid the areas where most of the properties are rented and try to find a spot where a new property has come onto the market for rent for the 1st time, or has only been rented for 1 to 2 yrs.

You need to go for a walk and when you do drop into Bay estate, the best place to get stabbed, mugged, rapped, just a good telling off in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

what a joke, Fatima has been a well settled and sought to live in area for over 20yrs, Marion PK has been well settled for over 15 yrs, Beechmount Drive goes into lower Ard Easmuinn one of the most expensive places to live in Dundalk, with the exception of Slieve Foy most if not all of the other areas you have mentioned are well settled, most of the houses in the council estate areas you mentioned have been bought and there owners still reside in them.

Yes, they're well settled areas.

However, if you decide to walk home after a night out you're a lot more likely to get mugged than in other areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    Yes, they're well settled areas.

However, if you decide to walk home after a night out you're a lot more likely to get mugged than in other areas.
    Not at all,if you know the town then you would know thats muggings are fairly random(area wise). Walking home alone is a mad thing to do IMO,taxis around town are fairly inexpensive anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭not1but4

Ard Easmuinn one of the most expensive places to live in Dundalk

I am sceptical of your claims, Sir!

Might have been the case 15+ years ago but not the case any more. The fact its right beside Cox's doesnt help matters.

Cox's, Fatima, Muirhevnamoir I know plenty of people from these areas and you couldnt meet nicer people but thats not problem. There are still lots of scumbags in that area, sure there was gun shots fired the other night in Cox's and I always feel a bit on edge when in any of these estates. Its for that reason I wouldnt recommend anyone to live there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

not1but4 wrote: »

Might have been the case 15+ years ago but not the case any more. The fact its right beside Cox's doesnt help matters.

Cox's, Fatima, Muirhevnamoir I know plenty of people from these areas and you couldnt meet nicer people but thats not problem. There are still lots of scumbags in that area, sure there was gun shots fired the other night in Cox's and I always feel a bit on edge when in any of these estates. Its for that reason I wouldnt recommend anyone to live there.

The thing is Cox's is made up of different name places some of them may be on the rough side but I do not think Beechmount is 1 of them.

property in general has dropped in worth, Ard Easmuinn has always been beside Cox's and the price of houses have always been more expensive than the norm,

the new housing estate on the carrick rd would probably be the more expensive houses these days, there might be some properties for rent but once again I'm sure it will cost plenty.

Nope, Ard Easmuinn is still a well sought after area. It's so close to the train station, doesn't have any trouble (i.e. it's not full of council houses) and it's near to a supermarket. Couldn't ask for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lightpause

I too am looking for accommodation in Dundalk and from what I could read here there's quite a lot of areas to avoid. I keep seeing a refference to Coxes on this and other threads about the area and searching on the maps I can't see anything that resembles the name. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks.

lightpause wrote: »
    I too am looking for accommodation in Dundalk and from what I could read here there's quite a lot of areas to avoid. I keep seeing a refference to Coxes on this and other threads about the area and searching on the maps I can't see anything that resembles the name. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks.

it's between o'hanlon park, ard easmuinn, the castletown road and mount avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭not1but4

lightpause wrote: »
    I keep seeing a refference to Coxes on this and other threads about the area and searching on the maps I can't see anything that resembles the name.

Coxes is a group of estates that was once Coxes field but that was well before my time. The area in red below is Coxes.
    coxes.jpg

While I'm at it. Red estates I would avoid and Blue is where most of the DKIT students live.
    15938850.jpg
    The smallest red square is a bit off (not arsed editing it) Langfield is nice but Mullaharlin Park is not. You should be able to tell by looking at street view anyway.

• Advertisement

So just avoid the Blue areas
    assholes live there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭kyosushi

So just avoid the Blue areas
    assholes live there
    Troll

kyosushi wrote: »
    Troll
    You have a problem sir .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

kyosushi wrote: »
    Troll

Living near students isnt fun, try living in Rockfield court on a Thursday night and you'll know all about it. 10 green bottles isnt a troll, maybe your a student:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Did the OP find somewhere to live?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lightpause

Coxes is a group of estates that was once Coxes field but that was well before my time. The area in red below is Coxes.
    coxes.jpg

While I'm at it. Red estates I would avoid and Blue is where most of the DKIT students live.
    15938850.jpg
    The smallest red square is a bit off (not arsed editing it) Langfield is nice but Mullaharlin Park is not. You should be able to tell by looking at street view anyway.

Thanks for putting that together mate. Great job, I really appreciate your help.

Regards,

R

• Registered Users Posts: 2 musicman101

Hi folks,

I just got accepted to Dundalk I.T. for a degree. Thinking of moving to the town but at the age of 42 I am keen to avoid 2 things: Student land and areas of crime/anti social behavior. I saw a place in Marion Park that seems cheap enough but I am wondering is it a dodgy neighborhood?

Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

Marion Park is ok but its about 3mile from the collage

• Registered Users Posts: 2 musicman101

Thanks Jake. I've been in DKIT two years back and I saw the student housing estates. Awful lot of break in's while students where out and then there's the whole student thing itself. I have a car so don't mind a few miles.

Advertisement