Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Save file vanished

• 24-01-2011 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

I went to play Batman last night and it wasn't recognising my save data, so I went to the memory manager and...:eek:My save data for it was gone.:(:mad:

I just put off the xbox at that point, I forgot to check if any other data was gone, but judging from the amount of free space I don't think so.

Is it cone completely or is there anything I can do to get it back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Purtellg

Hi Kiddums,

Is the data completely gone or is it there with a exclaimation mark beside it? If so then it would be corrupted but data just going missing is something that really just doesnt happen by itself.

Do any soblings or anything like that use this account also?

Graham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Purtellg wrote: »
    Hi Kiddums,

Is the data completely gone or is it there with a exclaimation mark beside it? If so then it would be corrupted but data just going missing is something that really just doesnt happen by itself.

Do any soblings or anything like that use this account also?

Graham
    Data is missing, only thing in the folder for the game is the game itself.

I'm the only user of the xbox.

Would it make a difference if I nearly used all the free space on the HDD? I only had 135 odd MB free. I deleted a demo since so I have 500 odd MB now.

Have you cleared your cache or used the delete suggestion function of late?

Sometimes this will delete stuff you really wouldnt want to delete.

But in anycase if you cant see the game saev well unfortunately it is gone mate :(

Graham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

I don't trust the delete suggestion function, but I had been deleting arcade trials and demos the last time I was playing it.

I figured there might be nothing can be done, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I'll just have to start all over again.:(

Cheers.

kiddums wrote: »
    I don't trust the delete suggestion function, but I had been deleting arcade trials and demos the last time I was playing it.

I figured there might be nothing can be done, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I'll just have to start all over again.:(

Cheers.

Its an awesome game mate, dont worry you'll enjoy every minute of playing it through again :D

Graham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Exact same thing happened me there a couple of weeks ago - on the same game?!?

Had to replay again (was approx half way through the game) - and yeah I enjoyed the replay - great game!

Look everywhere for the original save file - was no sign. My guess is that I turned off the console after being killed - if you notice you see that swirly sign - after being killed - so I turned it off while saving - thus corrupting the save file

Advertisement