Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent!! Is it possible to...

• 24-01-2011 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm repeating my Leaving Cert this year externally having first done it 7 years ago. I am thinking about taking up History. I just need a pass (in Higher Level) and i am a hard worker.

Can anyone tell me if it would be realistic for me to do so? And also a brief outline of the course?

Thanks!

Roisin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Muggwoffin

At this stage of the year I would not recommend taking up history unless its something you are intensely interested in. It is quite a loaded course and in the exam you will have to write three essays and answers questions on a document. This means that to pass you will have to have a solid overview of four separate textbooks. Many students who do the subject for two years are forced to leave whole sections out and gamble because the course is so broad.

In my opinion you would probably be better off doing Biology, which is manageable rote learning :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

If your willing to work extremely hard then i`d say its definetly possible to pass . If your very stuck you could risk just covering the case studies , thats a very risky option though .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭readystudypass

Are you going to do the project? It's worth 20% so if you don't do it, you'll need 50% in the exam to get your pass. If you do decide to do the project, you'll need to find a teacher to sign off on it saying he/she supervised you.

The syllabus can be found on www.education.ie

Advertisement