Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting Ranges Portugal

Options
  • 24-01-2011 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi all,

Anybody up to speed on what shooting activities are available in Portugal (preferably Lisbon area or heading north)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭mrbrianj

Gone shooting in Portugal a few times now. Everything we did was in the Alentjo(?) region(inland and south of Lisbon). We stayed in the Algrave and drove up either the night before or v.early the morning of the shoots, this was done because the lads I was with had a place there and our Portugese friends lived down south. But about half the Portugese guns would have travelled down from Lisbon and above!

The shoots were phesant & partridge, walked up or semi driven. iirc hare and rabbit also on the cards. Great craic and well organised shoots. A lad comes around in a pickup at about 10.30 and takes you birds, gives you more cartridges and an ice cold beer. The day usually finishes up with a dinner for all the guns, again mad craic!

The season is extended for raised birds but only with a special licence, and the birds are tagged and checked. Dont really know the ins and outs of it though.

Wild boar seems to be the big favorite day there, my brothers went a couple of times and seemed to enjoy it. Planning to give that a go myself as soon as there is a few quid about again.

All in all the shooting may not be at the standards of the top paid days here or in England, but fairly relaxed and good fun. Beats going there for golf!

Advertisement