Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundproof 1 wall

• 24-01-2011 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've searched the threads here but can't really find what I'm looking for. Basically my main bedroom is attached to the main bedroom of the semi d next door, this means that i can hear EVERY noise. I didn't hear much noise from the last tenants but these seem to disturb every night sleep i have.

I havent actually approached them to keep it down but will be doing in the next few days. I see no harm though in soundproofing a wall if it's fairly reasonable as I will be probably in this house for the foreseeable future (mortgage and all that!). So my questions are... how much would it cost to soundproof an average size wall (havent the measurements on me in work), and who do i approach to do the job. Is there much construction work involved or is it just a case of putting up a partition? Will it block out much sound - not talking about drums but more talking and "at it" noises. Thanks ;)

Comments

Advertisement