Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance for Toyota Levin

Options
  • 24-01-2011 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have just bought a Toyota Levin 1.6 and am having difficulty getting insured. I have tried quinn direct and they have informed me that I have to be 21 before they will quote me in that car(which i am 2 months away from). I also have 2 years no claims and a full license for the past 3 years. Just wondering if anyone could offer any advice on how to get insurance in the car either temporarily until I am 21 or permanently. Is there any way I can insure this car or will I just have to leave it parked in the driveway untill I turn 21????
    Many thanks,
    Daniel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Hi Dan,

QD have that over 21 thing for a lot of cars. I bought a BMW 318i a few years ago and had to leave it parked up for a week before I turned 21.

Give First Ireland Brokers a ring on 01/8820800 and ask for a quote from Setanta specifically along with any other quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭Homer

OSI wrote: »
    You didn't check what the insurance would be before you bought the car???

No, obviously from their post they did not. Anything helpful to contribute?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I'm insured with Quinn on my Levin. I was 21 when I bought the car though. Best bet is just to ring every insurance company you can and get in contact with a broker to see if they can sort anything out for you. I wouldnt expect it to be too easy though. I know when I was looking for insurance most places I tried either wouldnt quote me as they thought the car was too high risk or else were looking for extortionate premiums. Quinn were the only ones who could give me a realistic quote.

Advertisement