Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Small marathons?

Options
  • 24-01-2011 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

Im interested in doing a small marathon.Nothing too intensive but just something i could set a goal to..Im alright fitness wise so id like to give one a go

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

This is a great place to start if your looking for a race. A marathon is 26.2 miles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Maybe the OP was inquiring about a marathon for small people :D A swift google should throw up a few suitable runs. There's also the Athletics/Running/Triathlon forum to check out for info'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭opus

Fol20 wrote: »
    Im interested in doing a small marathon.Nothing too intensive but just something i could set a goal to..Im alright fitness wise so id like to give one a go

Not sure what a 'small' marathon is :) A good bet is to read the Corkrunning blog, pretty much the bible for races in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Nidot

Well by definition a marathon is 26.2 miles.

But I'm presuming it was a short race you were looking for then may I suggest the jack and Jill run up a hill 10km, a lovely little jog if I say so myself, or potentially as you're posting in the cork forum how about the cork city half marathon on the 6th of June, 13.1m of our fair city, with a shiny medal thrown in at the end.

Fol20 wrote: »
    small marathon
    = fun size snickers :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Im guessing OP meant a mini marathon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

you see, this is why I hate the term 'mini marathon' :mad:

It's up to the OP to come back and clarify what it is that they're looking for, I guess.

Advertisement