Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant Bus Shelter vandalism outside Clonsilla Train Station

Options
  • 24-01-2011 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭

I was disappointed yet again to walk by the bus shelter across from Clonsilla Train station to find the glass walls smashed and the broken fragments of glass all over the footpath. This happens at least once every couple of months. It creates a hazard for pedestians/children/mobility impaired people not to mention an eyesore until Dublin Bus get around to fixing it (which in fairness to them is always pretty promptly). Is this a common problem across Dublin 15? I was complaining about lack of bus shelters in Ongar a few years back but if this is the type of thing that can happen, maybe it's a good thing, there are none.

I just cannot understand the mindset of the thugs who do this. What sort of satisfaction do they get in doing this as surely there is no benefit for them?? I suspect it's only teenagers that are doing it but it makes you wonder what type of anti social behaviour do they progress to if they start off with the likes of this. Do they do it as dares by their peers? Is it seen as a rite of passage to the next level of ASB. What sad existences these people have if this is how they pass the time! I know a lot worse things go on but when you see such blatant vandalism on your doorstep, it's kind of depressing :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Yes I saw this this morning also.

It's a disgrace on the part of the vandals but I am wondering why Dublin Bus don't use plastic instead of glass st this point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

They used plastic years ago and people just scratched the crap out of it until it was a total eyesore.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

January wrote: »
    They used plastic years ago and people just scratched the crap out of it until it was a total eyesore.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

January wrote: »

And also popped them out of the frames. Used to see them lying around near the bus stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

I know what you're talking about. I grew up around Mulhuddart and, from around the year 2002 or so, the area took a serious downward turn. It was more usual to see a broken / backless bus shelter than to see a whole one.

From visits home recently there seems to be a drive to improve the area. Lots of protective covering over new trees, etc. I hope it leads to good things but I cannot help but be cynical and expect these will all be ruined too.

I don't understand the mentality. And the smashing of the bus shelters is the least of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Which is why they no longer have bus shelters in Mulhuddart!!

Advertisement