Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRISH PARANORMAL INVESTIGATORS

Options
  • 24-01-2011 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi

i am currently doing some research on a television show and i am looking for an Irish speaking paranormal investigator or medium.

can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

For a college project or a production company?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 johnecarlin

Hi

It would be a television production for an Irish broadcaster. I am at initial stages and pitching the idea soon therefore seeking potential contributors. Do you know anyone?

Thanks

Everyone out there is already doing some sort of ghost hunting TV show. I havnt met any Irish speaking ones yet but Im sure there are some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

It would make sense since Old Irish would speak Irish only and no English.And need Gaelic speakers to communicate.
    I would love to see show done on that.
    Best of luck sorry i dont know of any but i do know someone who might know,i will ask.

caseyann wrote: »
    It would make sense since Old Irish would speak Irish only and no English.And need Gaelic speakers to communicate.
    I would love to see show done on that.
    Best of luck sorry i dont know of any but i do know someone who might know,i will ask.

Thats kinda presuming that ghosts can communicate & that all dead people spoke ye'olde Irish. Ive seen it done on investigations and people end up just looking like wankers with their broken diddly Irish. Why not Swedish for Dublin, Saxon for other locations? Latin would make more sense to me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

thats probably why poltergeists just bang and thump stuff. saves having to speak and run the risk of being misunderstood.

Riamfada wrote: »
    Thats kinda presuming that ghosts can communicate & that all dead people spoke ye'olde Irish. Ive seen it done on investigations and people end up just looking like wankers with their broken diddly Irish. Why not Swedish for Dublin, Saxon for other locations? Latin would make more sense to me?

Well Irish famine days,dont think they died happy.Ofc could have some speakers for the vikings not that they spoke their own language to long but were assimilated into speaking Irish.:D

Ah yeah but in fairness, unless your investigating up the Connemara Hills you can be sure that you're ghost spoke good ol'Queens English.:D

Ah yeah but in fairness, unless your investigating up the Connemara Hills you can be sure that you're ghost spoke good ol'Queens English.:D

Yeah keep dreaming.

Yeah keep dreaming.

Okay I was being a bit jokey there but I was just getting at the fact that if ghosts exist and if they are sentient representitives of the dead they would be more likely to speak english depensing on the geographical and historic context of the investigation. Then again if people can transcend space and time post death I doubt the language barrier would be much of an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

I know someone who is fluent in Irish and has done work before on irish programs. He aint a medium or anything but if you were after someone off the street to be in the team im sure he would do it. PM me and i could pass on his number if your interested.

Then again if people can transcend space and time post death I doubt the language barrier would be much of an issue.

totally agree. I would guess though the Irish is maybe for TG4 rather than trying to communicate with ghosts in irish? (thats just a wild guess btw)

if this is you John, then good man yourself. At least you've done this kind of thing before:

http://www.causeascenefilms.co.uk/profile.aspx

Okay I was being a bit jokey there but I was just getting at the fact that if ghosts exist and if they are sentient representitives of the dead they would be more likely to speak english depensing on the geographical and historic context of the investigation. Then again if people can transcend space and time post death I doubt the language barrier would be much of an issue.

Why because you think all Ghosts would have to speak English just because you are programmed to think English is the world language.
    What you should have said they will be able to speak any language.

Why because you think all Ghosts would have to speak English just because you are programmed to think English is the world language.
    What you should have said they will be able to speak any language.
    Riamfada wrote:
    Why not Swedish for Dublin, Saxon for other locations? Latin would make more sense to me?

Whats this about me being programmed to think English is the world language? Its certainly the most predominant here and Im talking about paranormal investigations in Ireland so historically its the most catch all language if you can look at it objectively.

Whats this about me being programmed to think English is the world language? Its certainly the most predominant here and Im talking about paranormal investigations in Ireland so historically its the most catch all language if you can look at it objectively.

Latin is a dead language :p
    lol seen as the op was asking for an Irish paranormalist ,i think my argument remains vaild :D:p

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Seeing as true clairaudience is rare I think it wont matter anyway :)

Advertisement