Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going online with xbox question.

• 24-01-2011 5:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

So I have an xbox360 but I dont have the internet connection thingy that goes in the back of the system.
    I have broadband at home with upc so I guess I would get a wifi connection for the xbox?
    Since I'm pretty bad with this stuff, can someone tell me the best place to get this connection in Dublin and what is the best (cheapest) price I could expect to pay for one?

Thanks!

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭O-Deazy

When you say connection do you mean the wifi adapter you connect into the back of your xbox or the ethernet cable (Internet connection thingy)?

If your on about the wifi adapter, you can get them in most game shops and HMV and the likes! I think they'r all about 50 or 60 quid so it's steep enough. Also I've heard the connection can be dodgy with them, not something you want for online gaming. I would recommend picking up an ethernet cable. One should have come with the xbox, and connect it straight into your router. Its the cheapest and your ALMOST guaranteed a decent connection! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Yeah its a wifi connection i'm looking for, xbox is too far away to connect via a cable, as in the internet box is down stairs and my xbox is in my room up stairs, so its either get the wifi connection or nothing lol. I had a look on the net for the name of the connection was talking about, seems to be priced around €30 odd euro from adverts.ie sales. So may look into that. Just that a friend said over the weekend that I should be able to get one cheaper now due to the new xbox out with the wifi built in.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭O-Deazy

If you have a laptop that has wireless internet access you can try that and see how it works before to get the wifi adapter! There are a load of tutorials of how to do it on Youtube!

AH YES! Doh lol didnt think of that! Thanks very much!

Nice one! I'm set up with my laptop for xbox live as of last night, have a Gametag an everything, had a look around, lots to see, thanks for the help O-Deazy!

So I have a free months Gold membership and looking to D/L some games from the Arcade place, its all very new to me at the moment.

I want Scott Pilgrim, Super Meat Boy and Street Fighter II HD so will get some MSPoints tonight and get them I think, but to save on making a new topic on here, what would you guys recommend for me to buy this evening for my xbox?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

I want Scott Pilgrim, Super Meat Boy and Street Fighter II HD so will get some MSPoints tonight and get them I think, but to save on making a new topic on here, what would you guys recommend for me to buy this evening for my xbox?

Download the following arcade demo's (save money)they are almost always mentioned when someone asks..

Limbo (voted xbox arcade game of the year by boards),Battlefield 1942,Trials Hd,Chime, also there is a demo of bulletstorm which may be a bit of a laugh Harms way is a full game and is free. There are a lot more but depends what type of games you like.

Advertisement