Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Syncmaster 2230H or ASUS MS227N

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Wouldn't pay too much attention to either figure TBH as there is no standard way that manufactures measure response time, it can be difficult to tell just from the specs which is a better monitor (usually manufactures quote the gray to gray response tine rather than the black to black one which is arguably more important and even the exact way of that the G2G is measured can vary). Regardless I have never heard of anyone complaining of ghosting issues with a reputable brand monitor quoted with a 5ms response. It is rarely an issue with a decent modern LCD screen (especially with TN Panels like the two above).

The Dynamic contrast is a pretty useless as well as static contrast is the all important figure, I think every monitor in that price range will likely have a 1000:1 static contrast ratio so again not much difference there.

The samsung has a HDMI connector and is a 1920 X 1080 Full HD monitor as opposed to the 1680 X 1050 Asus which should be the clincher for it. (What is your graphics card BTW)

Ther are some Full HD LED monitors in your price range which may be worth considering for less than a tenner more than the samsung.

Samsung BX2235 (No HDMI only DVI and VGA)

LG E2240T (No HDMI, only DVI and VGA)

Iiyama ProLite E2271HDS (HDMI,DVI and VGA)

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

I'll be using a 6970.

I also have a 42" HD TV that I may hook up to the card but not often.

Thanks for pointing out the LED monitors. They can produce amazing colours.

Which of the LED's is your top pick and why? Cheers

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I found a review of the Iiyama which quite good but mildly critical of the viewing angle, however it is the only LED in that price range with HDMI if that is a factor. http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/monitors-and-projectors/monitors/iiyama-e2271hds-908729/review?artc_pg=2

Other than that it is pretty well a toss up between the LG and the Samsung as far as I can see, I cannot find actual reviews of either but both seem to have very positive user feedback on retail sites.

Advertisement