Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contact Nos. on SIM

Options
  • 24-01-2011 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi everyone,

I got a new phone yesterday ( a nokia c5-00) as my old phone was crap (sony ericsson w395). Before switching the SIM card over i made sure all my contacts were saved to the SIM chip. Insertd the Sim chip and the new phone works fine but I've no contacts in my contact list.
    When I got a text from my sister her name was displayed so the SIM chip must have the numbers stored. Anyone know how to move them into my contact list?
    Dave.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Menu > options > settings > contacts to display > tick sim memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dave3

Excellent.
    Thanks for your fast reply Dave.

Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I would suggest you transfer them all to your phone memory, the sim can only hold so much. Then make a backup online or to your pc and if you lose the phone or the sim you will get them all back in a few clicks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,461 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Another reason to use the phone memory over the SIMM: the phone memory allows you to have multiple numbers (home, mobile, work) per person and it can handle longer (>14 chars) names.

Advertisement