Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis 2 multiplayer demo

• 24-01-2011 6:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭

Out tomorrow lads I cant wait but what time will it hit the market? I never downloaded anything off xbox market so im unsure about this stuff

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

probably about 11 or 12 i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Headshot wrote: »
    I never downloaded anything off xbox market so im unsure about this stuff

Your in luck for as well as that there is a bulletstorm demo due tomorrow as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Both demos are on the marketplace on the xbox website.
    Can't link in work.
    Both over a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭qbhod

Both up on the Marketplace now
    Crysis 2 - 1.80 GB
    Bulletstorm - 1.08 GB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

anyone playing it folks ?

Im liking it so far

• Advertisement

It seems decent enough yea, kinda similar to COD which i'm not sure is a good or bad thing. Expected the graphics to be a bit more impressive but it is an older version of the game and i hear the visuals are toned down in MP compared to the campaign

I am disappointed of no dedicated servers, will gaming companies never learn?

Also hopefully they'll sort the hosting out, for some reason it keeps picking me and my connection isnt good enough to be host

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I am disappointed of no dedicated servers, will gaming companies never learn?

Not while consumers keep buying the product and them saving millions of euro on DC costs etc.

Nope :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 e5211

Im loving it. Graphics are outstanding and im getting zero lag compared to gears or cod :D So many choices on how to get places also. And yes the graphics are dumbed down compared to what the single player will have :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Downloading as we speak, can't wait to give it a bash :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I had a quick blast and thought it was pretty cool.
    I felt it was a little sluggish though control wise. Weapons were a bit poor too.But enjoyed the level design and cloak features.

how cool is the hologram, never seen anything like that in a multiplayer, just pure awesome

I sent my body double in the enemies area and they were all busy trying to kill him while I pick them off

it's such a unique idea

wow

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

how cool is the hologram, never seen anything like that in a multiplayer, just pure awesome

I sent my body double in the enemies area and they were all busy trying to kill him while I pick them off

it's such a unique idea

wow

Sarcasm? Duke3D says hi. (not to mention Halo: Reach)

Sarcasm? Duke3D says hi. (not to mention Halo: Reach)

I was referring to myself

I never played those games

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

Think the game looks fantastic, only complaint is the quality of the guns but not really to annoyed about it. Can't wait to play the campaign now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

I have to get my hands on this. Saw a few previews and it looks great.

So far the only major complaint is the easy melee kills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Is it just me or is the lag really bad? The kills cams seems to fail to explain how I died.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I don't think it's laggy I think the game is just slow and clunky in general, I didn't enjoy it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I really enjoyed it. Already reached the level cap of 10 in one go yesterday because I couldn't stop playing it :D

Agree with the easy melee kills as well

Let the developers know what you think:

http://www.mycrysis.com/techissues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I had a quick blast and thought it was pretty cool.
    I felt it was a little sluggish though control wise. Weapons were a bit poor too.But enjoyed the level design and cloak features.

Yeah the controls feel like theres a little bit of a delay when moving hopefully it will be fixed.

Had problems getting into a match. It kept freezing when I was joining a game. Eventually got in. I got 1 kill and died about 6 times :) still had fun though. It looks good. Did not get a chance to have a good play through last night so going to try it again tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I have to say I played the Bulletstorm demo and preferred Bulletstorm over this. I didn't like the visuals at all!!

So won't be buying it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

played it last night for hours, totally hooked...

There is lag all over the place though, frequently emptied full clips into people and they would die 2-3 seconds later at a different point, it is a bit clunky when shooting/moving, hopefully they can sort that out.

The "cloaking" feature is great fun especially when you catch people with it like something out of a "predator" movie.

SM

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    To be fair you said "its such an unique idea" which implies that its never been done before.

ah yes a unique idea to me

is it that hard to understand or somthing ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Shred

Played it lastnight and thought it was great, will be giving it another lash later too. Must get around to finishing the first one actually. Also, saw on twitter that the crytek dudes will be online this saturday if you wanna play against them or complain! http://www.ea.com/crysis-2/blog/game-with-devs

Advertisement