Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton Showers - Best price locally??

• 24-01-2011 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi All,

My Triton shower has come to a natural end and needs replacing. Would welcome any recomendations of where around town offers the best value?

Would be just looking at the unit itself as I may have someone who can fit it for me..

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

Hey we got one less than a year ago.

They were on special in Paddy Power out at the 6 Cross Roads. We told them in B&Q that and they matched Paddy Power's price and gave us a further % off. Might be the best approach but it's a bit long winded!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

many people believe B&Q are the cheapest around, but in my experience are alot dearer than other places. i would strongly recommend Paddy Powers or DPL maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭JShannow

Thanks guys,

After some research went with the update to the Triton T90si which is the T90xr in B&Q for €212

Both DPL and Paddy Powers were €230 and Woodies was €220..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

JShannow wrote: »
    Thanks guys,

After some research went with the update to the Triton T90si which is the T90xr in B&Q for €212

Were those prices for the same showers ye im looking for one too il have to go get it installed too tho , any ideas on prices of qaulified installation :confused:

jo06555 wrote: »
    Were those prices for the same showers ye im looking for one too il have to go get it installed too tho , any ideas on prices of qaulified installation :confused:

Hey Jo,

The prices are for the Triton T90xr. I don't have a definite price on installation yet. I am having a friend of a friend do it so hope to get a good deal, a figure of around 50 was mentioned but that is because there is actually v little work to do as the current shower in there has the same wiring and fittings..

Would have tried it myself but a combination of water, electricity and guesswork might blow up in my face... Literally! ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

try JML by Kilcohan Greyhound Stadium.. could be JCL, cant remember exactly

We got 2 bathrooms done recently and they were the cheapest quote on loads of stuff, other then that Paddy Power were

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

Try manor plumbin in johnstown?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

savic04 wrote: »
    try JML by Kilcohan Greyhound Stadium.. could be JCL, cant remember exactly

We got 2 bathrooms done recently and they were the cheapest quote on loads of stuff, other then that Paddy Power were

:D:D PJM plumbing

Keep it local if ye can lads

Thanks guys,

Do you know if that triton t90xr was on special offer when you got it :confused:, i went out to b&q yesterday and the t80 was 195 and t90xr was 250 euro , another one was 280 i think difference bein 250 was 8.5kw and dearer one 9.5kw .... anyone know cheaper place if their are id appreciate it or if their is a better shower for around that price too i looking for shower with good power i reckon t90xr is the best at that price though ;)

jo06555 wrote: »
    Do you know if that triton t90xr was on special offer when you got it :confused:, i went out to b&q yesterday and the t80 was 195 and t90xr was 250 euro , another one was 280 i think difference bein 250 was 8.5kw and dearer one 9.5kw .... anyone know cheaper place if their are id appreciate it or if their is a better shower for around that price too i looking for shower with good power i reckon t90xr is the best at that price though ;)

It was 15% off the T90xr I think in B&Q when we bought at 212...
    Woodies had a special offer of 220 and Paddy Powers and DPL had them for 230 standard I think tho!

• Advertisement

It was 15% off the T90xr I think in B&Q when we bought at 212...
    Woodies had a special offer of 220 and Paddy Powers and DPL had them for 230 standard I think tho!

Ok thanks il have a look around and see hopefully il get t90xr under 250 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

You probably should have just called an electrican as the brushes more then likely was the problem with your old shower. Cost no more then €100 to get them replaced. I had a problem about 4 years ago with my Triton and bought a new one, last year that one stoped and I said it to an electrician and he said it was either the pump or the brushes not much else can go wrong with them. Changed the brushes and working perfect since...

Advertisement