Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joyces Tuam,what do you think?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

hanns.s wrote: »
    Under the EC (Requirements to Indicate Product Prices) Regulations 2002, retailers and service providers in Ireland must show product prices, and must show them in euro.

And this came from - http://www.consumerassociation.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10&Itemid=11

Not that I wanted to prove this - it wasn't the original question

I'm afraid you haven't proved anything.
    It just says it must show the price in Euro which things do in Joyce's as far as i've seen.
    Doesn't say its illegal to price things in Sterling and Euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭hanns.s

amiable wrote: »
    I'm afraid you haven't proved anything.
    It just says it must show the price in Euro which things do in Joyce's as far as i've seen.
    Doesn't say its illegal to price things in Sterling and Euro

well amiable - look closer and you will see the sterling prices. i didn't have time nor do I care to look into this more. I simply answered the original question and I am afraid it is you who has a gripe with me. conversation closed as far as i am concerned - i do have a life unlike you it seems

well amiable - look closer and you will see the sterling prices. i didn't have time nor do I care to look into this more. I simply answered the original question and I am afraid it is you who has a gripe with me. conversation closed as far as i am concerned - i do have a life unlike you it seems
    I didn't say there aren't sterling prices.

I think you should re read my posts without thinking you know what i'm saying before reading them.

I'll thank you to attack my posts and not me.

I have a wonderful life and don't need to justify it to you.

Congratulations on having a life. Would you like a medal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Does the problem lie with the fact that the sterling price is printed on the actual cover of the products? Cos i'm 100% sure they'd have the label with the price in euro underneath it, which in most cases, though not necessarily all, will be the exact price of the item in sterling. I can't for a second believe that they'd advertise a product in big bold letters with the price in sterling and it being completely different in euro when scanned at the tills.

cereals%20bran%20flakes.JPG

This picture here, just taking these bran flakes as example, clearly flashed £2.09.

I work in a store where we sell this exact product, imported from the north, at whatever price the guys get it in at, they can afford to sell it at €2.09 so they do. Which is a good bit cheaper than if you were to buy it at the € price.

I can't see a problem with this..

In some cases with Joyce's I'm assuming some of their stock, not much though, would be flashed in sterling and they might not be able to sell it at the marked price due to really low margins or whatever, so I as long as they've a label clearly marked in € beside the product, I don't think they're doing anything wrong. They're not throwing it in your face trying to mislead you with the sterling price.

As for the lifestyle example, if it's flashed €1.09, i'm pretty sure it's still an offer as it's promotional stock and more than likely isn't going to be at that price forever!

o, and with regards to the 2 for £4 thing about, I'm guessing that was just a mistake, and they meant to put in a multi-buy savings of 1.98 as opposed to .98 :) which would more than likely have been remedied if you brought it to their attention! It's easy make these mistakes, and they ain't gonna be able to fix it unless it's brought to their attention.

But hey, that's just my two pence.

/sleeptime.

I didn't say there aren't sterling prices.

I think you should re read my posts without thinking you know what i'm saying before reading them.

I'll thank you to attack my posts and not me.

I have a wonderful life and don't need to justify it to you.

Congratulations on having a life. Would you like a medal?

1 - I did not start this about the sterling price thing, I simply pointed out 2 or 3 "mistakes" joyces made and simply assumed I was pretty sure it was illegal. Please note my post earlier this week where it states all prices must be in Euro - I didn;t make this up.

2 - I also think you should re read my posts

3 - Again you attacked me saying I was stupid or my comments were - so think of what you post before you point out if someone is attacking your posts.

4 - Thanks for congrats on the life, it is great, don't need a medal but a bit of common sense from you would be appreciated.

5 - Last point, joyces not supervalu are my local shops, the original question was what people thought, I gave my opinion, I didn't expect not appreciate your comments towards me, and you didn't like the "attack" on you - don't give it if you can't receive it. Now this is over - for me at least, feel free to rant on if you like

• Advertisement

1 - I did not start this about the sterling price thing, I simply pointed out 2 or 3 "mistakes" joyces made and simply assumed I was pretty sure it was illegal. Please note my post earlier this week where it states all prices must be in Euro - I didn;t make this up.

2 - I also think you should re read my posts

3 - Again you attacked me saying I was stupid or my comments were - so think of what you post before you point out if someone is attacking your posts.

4 - Thanks for congrats on the life, it is great, don't need a medal but a bit of common sense from you would be appreciated.

5 - Last point, joyces not supervalu are my local shops, the original question was what people thought, I gave my opinion, I didn't expect not appreciate your comments towards me, and you didn't like the "attack" on you - don't give it if you can't receive it. Now this is over - for me at least, feel free to rant on if you like
    Can you show me your post where you show its illegal to show a product's sterling price?
    You can't and haven't.
    The price must be shown in euro but it doesn't say it's illegal to show a sterling price.
    You have been proved wrong and have posted false information on several occasions now

Can you show me your post where you show its illegal to show a product's sterling price?
    You can't and haven't.
    The price must be shown in euro but it doesn't say it's illegal to show a sterling price.
    You have been proved wrong and have posted false information on several occasions now

Ammmmmmmmmmm, As far as I am aware .... is how I put it, re read posts, if/when I find proof (IF I have the time and can be bothered) I will post here Mr/Ms/Mrs righty pants (all your posts were correct with no mistakes at all

Ammmmmmmmmmm, As far as I am aware .... is how I put it, re read posts, if/when I find proof (IF I have the time and can be bothered) I will post here Mr/Ms/Mrs righty pants (all your posts were correct with no mistakes at all
    In English please

Bite me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

We'll leave this here.
    Should anyone have proof of what hanns is claiming PM me and I'll add it

Edit: about prices in € and £
    http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Hot_Topics/FAQs/Price-displaY/

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement