Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sako 85 Hunter

Options
  • 24-01-2011 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

anyone know the price of a Sako 85 Hunter? Im looking for one in .300 Win Mag.... :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

Tac wrote: »
    anyone know the price of a Sako 85 Hunter? Im looking for one in .300 Win Mag.... :D

They're £1390 sterling depending on where you go... Also, if you're going 300mag i'd factor in the price of a muzzle-break! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Glensman wrote: »
    They're £1390 sterling depending on where you go... Also, if you're going 300mag i'd factor in the price of a muzzle-break! :D

.300 mag is fine if the rifle weighs about 9.5 pounds or more. No need for brakes. They just generate noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭meathshooter1

will set you back about 1800,good rifle had one in 223

will set you back about 1800,good rifle had one in 223

I love them myself. When I sent my .270 application away it was for a Sako 85- when the permit came back I didn't have the money- so Howa 1500 it was!

The 85 looks class in stainless laminate...

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Tac

Glensman wrote: »
    I love them myself. When I sent my .270 application away it was for a Sako 85- when the permit came back I didn't have the money- so Howa 1500 it was!

The 85 looks class in stainless laminate...

i have the 85 Finnlite, stainless laminate in .300 win mag at the moment, great gun,(tis for sale????? :) ) but just wanna get the hunter with iron sights now for driven boar. sako are a great rifle, ive had 3 of them, also have a 75 Varmint in 6.5x55, very very accurate...i rate Tikka just as good too.

• Advertisement

Tac wrote: »
    i have the 85 Finnlite, stainless laminate in .300 win mag at the moment, great gun,(tis for sale????? :) ) but just wanna get the hunter with iron sights now for driven boar. sako are a great rifle, ive had 3 of them, also have a 75 Varmint in 6.5x55, very very accurate...i rate Tikka just as good too.

A finnlight in 300mag, that has to kick?! I'm not a prospective buyer, my .270 is More than powerful enough for any shooting I'll ever be doing!
    I actually don't regret not getting the 85, the Howa has a McMillen and it stands fair abuse, whereas I'd have to treat an 85 like a newborn baby (that's A LOT of money to me!)

Advertisement