Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French opinion questions

• 24-01-2011 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey, just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what topics would be advisable to study for the various opinion questions on the French HL paper? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭samboshy

environment, economy, weather etc you get the gist. Usually something that has happened recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

Do not try to predict them. They can literally ask you anything! My teacher helps us prepare for recent events and some main headings, but they don't always come up. For instance the year of all the riots in the banlieues, it didn't come up, it came up years later. So what you really should do is this: Prepare under main topics of Equality of the sexes, Education, The environment, The elderly, The economy, Travel, Social change etc.
    Then you need to get the format down. Introduce the subject, state your opinion, back it up with an example, a solution if possible and a conclusion that ties back into the question. And avoid a big convoluted argument as in the end of the day you are being marked on your french and not your opinion, just your communication of that opinion. The basic idea is to have a big enough vocab stock to work from and i'd advise also on using the subjonctif somewhere if possible, i.e. "Il faut qu'on fasse" etc.

If anyone has any questions on french exam technique, drop a PM.

Advertisement