Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!!!

Options
  • 24-01-2011 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

I have just built a new system for myself here are the specs
    AMD AthlonII x4 640
    Asrock 890GX extreme4
    Corsair XMS3 2x2gb DDR3 1600mhz
    Nvidia 260GTX
    LG DVD/CD Rewriter
    Seagate 500GB 7200RPM sata HardDrive

The problem i am having is that it wont load up the bios or boot menu just wont do anything. It did when i first turned it on i got into the bios and was at hardware monitoring page and the system froze so i turned off and on again and it wont load bios or the boot menu. I am stumped the dr. debug code it gives me is 2C and in the code list it say Initializes different devices. detects and initializes the video adapter installed in the system that have optional ROMs. Can anyone help? I should add that have to pull out the 12v and 24pin connectors to get it to load up bios if i dont it will do nothing thanks for any help at all

Cheers Kev

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

kevez wrote: »
    I should add that have to pull out the 12v and 24pin connectors to get it to load up bios if i dont it will do nothing thanks for any help at all
    What? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭kevez

pull them out for a minute and plug them back :) otherwise it just does nothing when i restart it and the dr debug shows the code 2C

pull them out for a minute and plug them back :) otherwise it just does nothing when i restart it and the dr debug shows the code 2C
    Try the switch on the PSU instead. Any lights / beeps on the mobo?

Yes the motherboard will boot up to the bios and when i boot it from a cd drive it says the file is possibly corrupt. the file header checksum does not match the computed checksum. and then i cant restart it and the code stays on it untill i unplug the 12v power connector an the 24 pin connector

Yes the motherboard will boot up to the bios and when i boot it from a cd drive it says the file is possibly corrupt. the file header checksum does not match the computed checksum. and then i cant restart it and the code stays on it untill i unplug the 12v power connector an the 24 pin connector
    Firstly, have you tried rebooting by holding the power switch on the PC? Secondly have you tried switching the PSU off (switch on the back). Wouldn't like to accidently break one of them connectors by repeatedly plugging them in and out. Thirdly, is everything else plugged in and seated properly - RAM, HDD, DVD drive. And finally, try booting from another CD.

• Advertisement

yes i have everything in i took out gfx card just in case coz the mobo has onboard graphics and the mobo is brand new. i just burnt a new windows 7 disk and got the same thing and it works in this laptop when i put it in im ost now i can use the switch on the back but some time it still the same

yes i have everything in i took out gfx card just in case coz the mobo has onboard graphics and the mobo is brand new. i just burnt a new windows 7 disk and got the same thing and it works in this laptop when i put it in im ost now i can use the switch on the back but some time it still the same
    So POST is fine and you can navigate the BIOS ok?

yes i can use the bios but when i exit the bios it restarts cany get back into the bios and does nothing and that fault come on the mobo and its stuck again

yes i can use the bios but when i exit the bios it restarts cany get back into the bios and does nothing and that fault come on the mobo and its stuck again
    The faults comes up before or after you insert the CD?

after i try boot from it its wrecking me head fell like smashing the thing off the ground :) only it cost me money

• Advertisement

I'd try burning a new disc and try again.

If that fails then do they following : (You will need a USB key)

Download UNetbootin (for Windows).

Run it. Select Ubuntu from the distributions, Version 10.10_live. Select USB key and Drive letter down the bottom (you may have to click "show all drives"). DO NOT SELECT C: or D: or any of your hard disks..

This will turn your USB key into a bootable USB drive for Ubuntu 10.10.

Advertisement