Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sky

• 24-01-2011 8:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭

hi,i recently got sky plus installed and they fitted a quad lnb, there are 2 cables connected and the fitter said the second one was for hd if we want it at some stage. my question is can i connect a fta box to one of the spare ports and will it work or are these dead.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

dutchcat wrote: »
    hi,i recently got sky plus installed and they fitted a quad lnb, there are 2 cables connected and the fitter said the second one was for hd if we want it at some stage. my question is can i connect a fta box to one of the spare ports and will it work or are these dead.thanks

You can connect FTA boxes to the free inputs on the lnb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭dutchcat

thanks for you reply ,got a bit of coax today ,up and running now:),saved putting up another dish nice and tidy.

The fitter said the 2nd cable connected to your sky plus box was for hd?

My oh my

Did he also tell you that there are so many dishes going up now a days that there won't be enough signal for all of them?

The amount of rubbish some of these installers or so called come out with...They obviously did a quick course on how to use the meter and hook things up but know nothing else... brain dead.

Just to clarify,your sky plus box has 2 tuners and the 2nd cable is for the 2nd tuner so that you can record one channel whilst watching another.
    It has nothing to do with hd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭dutchcat

thanks for the info:)

Advertisement