Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sheep grassland scheme

• 24-01-2011 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭

The sheep grassland scheme of E10/ ewe is cleared for payment by Brussels and will commence from tuesday 1st february:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭metalwood

does the 2010 census form have to be returned before payment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

5live wrote: »
    The sheep grassland scheme of E10/ ewe is cleared for payment by Brussels and will commence from tuesday 1st february:D:D

I hope that's 2011

There should be an election every year around mid November , I reckon we would all receive all our payments on time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

is the upland sheep scheme paid on top of this, of is it a flat rate across country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭iron man

how does one apply for this or does it go on your census forms or?????

iron man wrote: »
    how does one apply for this or does it go on your census forms or?????

yes it's on the census

• Advertisement

coming tomorrow i hope

nothing yet, anyone get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Nope, the ould fella was just commenting on it today, hoping it'd come before election day :pac:

nothing here either, according to today's journal €14.8m paid out with €3.2m still outstanding to query cases:mad::mad:

snowman707 wrote: »
    nothing here either, according to today's journal €14.8m paid out with €3.2m still outstanding to query cases:mad::mad:
    maybe if its paid on 1st it might be in bank by tomorrow, its unlikely 3 of us not paid judging by them figures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Box09

Nothing here either. Or Reps 4. They are all spoofers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Box09 wrote: »
    Nothing here either. Or Reps 4. They are all spoofers.

Exactly the same here :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Nowt yet the fekkers. Maybe the Bould Brendan is going to present each check indivually to each of us. Or they could just post it out as snail mail seems to be faster than Department E-payments:rolleyes:

still feck all here,

got 75% of reps4 a couple of weeks ago

In bank a/c to day, dated for 07/02/2011,

remainder of reps 4 still outstanding and forestry payments end of april

In bank a/c to day, dated for 07/02/2011,

Wahoo - in my bank account as well... :D

Now, just me REPS4 money to chase...

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭foundation10

Haven't seen anything yet:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 tanco

I was expecting 10 euro per ewe , got 1800 but have 220 ewes and had that on census form, anyone have same issue..?

tanco wrote: »
    I was expecting 10 euro per ewe , got 1800 but have 220 ewes and had that on census form, anyone have same issue..?

Were you caught by the number of hectares?

The maximum area payable per Scheme-year is 84 hectares in respect of Mountain Type Grazing and 30 hectares for all other lands. The indicative rates of aid are as follows:
    • Mountain Areas (0 to 20 hectares) : €30 per hectare;
    • Mountain Areas (20 to 84 hectares): €25 per hectare;
    • Lowland Areas: €70 per hectare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 tanco

No, have enough hectares aswell. Dont get me wrong not complaining about the 1800 but 2200 would be nicer!

I'll give them a ring tomorrow I say.

Also got quoted 5 euro plus vat/ metre for foxwire and 1 strand of barbed from farm relief for the fencing. What do you think..?

• Advertisement

Response to Tanco Post

It depends where it is going, is it a straight line or will it be on top of fences. I would estimate the cost of materials here to be somewhere in the region of 2.50 per metre that would include good quality posts. Also make sure that you are getting decent posts and that they use decent strainers as some of these that are for sale are rubbish and will need replacing in a few years especially on the ground.

Where should one contact in the department for the grassland payment as nothing has arrived and all paperwork is in order?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

tanco wrote: »
    Think the budget is a fixed amount, then its divided by the numbers that the census bring in, so if all the extra ewe lambs that were bought last year are put in lamb this year, the amount will be reduced again.Was never supposed to be 10euro but the budgeted amount divided by the number of ewes

Mine arrived this morning, didn't get as much as expected ho-hum.

Response to Tanco Post

It depends where it is going, is it a straight line or will it be on top of fences. I would estimate the cost of materials here to be somewhere in the region of 2.50 per metre that would include good quality posts. Also make sure that you are getting decent posts and that they use decent strainers as some of these that are for sale are rubbish and will need replacing in a few years especially on the ground.

Where should one contact in the department for the grassland payment as nothing has arrived and all paperwork is in order?

I got a quote from FRS for fencing with 2 strands of barb wire, materials only and it came to almost 3 euro / metre (ex VAT). But this was for the cresote posts, which are the grant approved ones (to qualify for the sheep fencing & handling scheme)

I got a quote from FRS for fencing with 2 strands of barb wire, materials only and it came to almost 3 euro / metre (ex VAT). But this was for the cresote posts, which are the grant approved ones (to qualify for the sheep fencing & handling scheme)

Yea, cresote are worth the extra bit its not too far off the mark there. I assume the wire is heavy duty for that price

• Registered Users Posts: 36 basilbuster

Hi guys and dolls. Got my payment too and didnt get what i was expecting either. When the wee brown envelope came in the post i saw why. There was a Modulation Amount of 8% discounted from the payment. They kept that one quiet. Typical. Hope this explains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Just rang dept to find out why i hadnt been paid. Apparently there was a problem with my maps. I got my SFP a week or so late in both payments so i assume the map issue was dealt with before i was paid my SFP. WTF:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭yessam

I got a letter from the department today asking me to return some of my Grassland Sheep Scheme payment by cheque within one month.

I am supposed to be overpaid.

Anyone else get this..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

yessam wrote: »
    I got a letter from the department today asking me to return some of my Grassland Sheep Scheme payment by cheque within one month.

Anyone else get this..

+1

• Advertisement

yessam wrote: »

Anyone else get this..

yep got it about 2/3 weeks ago, didn't bother replying, they can keep it from this year's payments , interest charged won't be much more than the duty on the cheque

yep got it about 2/3 weeks ago, didn't bother replying, they can keep it from this year's payments , interest charged won't be much more than the duty on the cheque

I am doing the same thing couldn't be bothered returning the money as I figured the cost of me returning and paying for the cheque, the stamp, my time, and dept of ag time processing the receipt and the dept of Ag bank processing fee at the other end outweighed the benefit of the overpayment in the few euro that was demanded of me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

Got the same, thought the letter was a bit OTT on the aggressive side but sure paid it and that's that!

Yes, there were over payments, I got the letter as did the old man. Am letting them claw it back from future payments, not worth the trouble of sending it back myself tbh.

johngalway wrote: »
    Yes, there were over payments, I got the letter as did the old man. Am letting them claw it back from future payments, not worth the trouble of sending it back myself tbh.

Same as you John - letting them claw it back out of my SFP. But I havent gotten SFP yet...

So, on Friday I got a letter from the Dept re the overpayment listing "my outstanding debt" :mad:
    "It is necessary that these outstanding debts be cleared as soon as possible... If you do not clear the debt as requested above it will be deducted from any future grants due to you... IN ADDITION INTEREST MAY ALSO BE CHARGED."

INTEREST! :mad:

So... its grand for Joe Farmer to have to wait for his payment from the Dept. But they dont want to be kept waiting for money which is owed to them... Even though its their own mistake for the over-payment... !

Its all a bit farcical! :(

What's the chances even if I were to pay em now, that they would be able to update their system in time to not take amount owed in my SFP? Slim I imagine...

"It is necessary that these outstanding debts be cleared as soon as possible... If you do not clear the debt as requested above it will be deducted from any future grants due to you... IN ADDITION INTEREST MAY ALSO BE CHARGED."

INTEREST! :mad:

The clawback should only be a small amount, so any interest - and yes, I do share your feelings on that - will be much smaller again.

They don't joke about it though. I got unfairly fined when they digitized the commonages. Farmed according to my plan approved by the Dept based on THEIR numbers. They changed the numbers, fined me for having over claimed - that's rich, seeing as it was their numbers.

They also charged me interest on that fine, back dated five years.

Had to go to the Ag appeals office.

And to be honest, if anyone is in any was thinking they've been unfairly treated then do as I did and put it up to them. Got my fine reduced by I guess 90%, still had to pay money I will to my dying day say I didn't owe them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭razor8

Neighbour had an inspection today, he sold ewes (40) 3 weeks ago and replaced them with his own ewe lambs. inspector said ewe lambs wont count as it was only ewes he had on census last year. how is this?

ewes were only sold 3 weeks ago. can he do this. i thought once the ewes were retained for a minimum of 3 months they qualify

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Cran

believe the ewes need to be over 12 months of age for the scheme. he should be fine for this years payment as based on last years census (plus previous I think), but they wouldn't qualify for next year is probably what he means

razor8 wrote: »
    Neighbour had an inspection today, he sold ewes (40) 3 weeks ago and replaced them with his own ewe lambs. inspector said ewe lambs wont count as it was only ewes he had on census last year. how is this?

ewes were only sold 3 weeks ago. can he do this. i thought once the ewes were retained for a minimum of 3 months they qualify

wondering where did he sell?

was the inspection a result of the dept monitoring movements?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭razor8

wondering where did he sell?

was the inspection a result of the dept monitoring movements?

wouldnt have been, i bought them and he hasnt send in pink document yet, so they wouldnt have known

Advertisement