Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello :)

Options
  • 24-01-2011 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

:)My name is Daniel :)
    Im 15 years Old and Love to Cook.
    Hopefully if i get enough points in my leaving ill be studying to be a chef after school in CIT
    Looking forward to posting Here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Welcome to Boards.ie!
    I hope you have a good experience here!
    And please be sure to go through the rules and regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi there Daniel! Welcome & enjoy the forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Daniel2oo9 wrote: »
    :)My name is Daniel :)
    Im 15 years Old and Love to Cook.
    Hopefully if i get enough points in my leaving ill be studying to be a chef after school in CIT
    Looking forward to posting Here!

Good to hear from you :) - what do you like to cook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Well Daniel, it's a fantastic career and you sould like you have the passion for it.

It's all about the passion..... Going to need to grow a tough skin in the kitchens when you start your training, but you will toughen up soon enough.

It's worth it, every single service is different and equally challenging. The very best of luck to you and hope to see you floating about in here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

dh0661 wrote: »
    Good to hear from you :) - what do you like to cook.
    Well lots of meat and fish dishes!
    For instance Saturday i Cooked prawns in Garlic Butter made with Lemon Zest,3 Garlic Cloves and Half a Cup Of Butter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

Daniel2oo9 wrote: »
    Well lots of meat and fish dishes!
    For instance Saturday i Cooked prawns in Garlic Butter made with Lemon Zest,3 Garlic Cloves and Half a Cup Of Butter!

That sounds delicious:)..... Good bread with that is always great lunch.

Im still discovering what i Like to Cook though!
    :rolleyes:

Quick Reply Needed.
    Just about to make Homemade Wedges(Pan Fried)
    with Pan fried beef.
    Ive got garlic,cumin,and chilli powder
    what should i do?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Forget the pan, heat the oven to 180. Smash up the garlic, mix it with the ground cumin, chilli powder and some olive oil. Rub the potato wedges and coat as much as possible. A little oil onto a baking tray, wedges in then into the oven. Toss every 10min and check with a fork every so often so see when they're cooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Hiya Daniel,

Welcome :)

I've always liked cooking but I'm off work sick for the last few months and have rekindled my love for cooking and baking. So much so that I briefly considered a career change, and I'm 28!
    A tip that I have is to taste as much as you can (spices, herbs etc.) on their own so that you can judge what they go with best.
    The first time I make something, I follow the recipe, but the next time, I amend it by adding more/ less of what I think will go. It often (not always tho!) turns out better than the original.
    Trust yourself and your taste buds, be prepared to make mistakes and ENJOY.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Make sure you check out the cooking club recipes linked at the top of the forum.

Advertisement