Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found my birth mother

Options
  • 24-01-2011 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey folks

contacted the adoption agency about a year ago to trace my birth mother and last week i got a call to say they had found her!

they are meeting with her first then they want to chat to me.

dont know yet if she will want contact or not... feel glad that she was found but very apprehensive about finding out if she wants contact or not....

if she does then great, but then again i feel like i wont know what to say, after all she is a stranger. And if she doesnt want any contact yes i'll be very upset but then again i've survived the last 32 years without her so i'll get over it.

just feel like i need closure ...... always feel like there is something missing in my life.

anyone else find themselves in this situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

hi, the waiting is the hardest part, but if your birthmum is willing to meet with a social worker that is a good sign. before u meet u will probably be asked to exchange letters and don,t worry about what to say u will have ur whole lifes to catch up on, i found bringing some photos of yourself over the years kept the conversation going.
    good luck and please keep us posted....kathy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Thats great news, you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned "closure" , I think thats what we all want whatever the details. Best of luck, keep us updated please.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sentosa007

Hey folks

so i found out sooooooooo much 2 weeks ago that i dont know where to start.

But the short version is turns out i have 2 older siblings (well not sure if we have the same Dad) and i have 2 younger siblings which share the same Dad....

im an only child so finding out this is mental...

2 older siblings were raised by my birth mothers mother and the younger 2 were adopted also...

found out sooooooooooo much more......head is spining!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kelsodaws

I know how you feel Sentosa, I found out so much in the first few weeks. It was all so overwhelming. i have one older sister and 2 younger siblings.
    It took me a long time to get my head around it - i'm still not there yet!

Advertisement