Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M50 Penalty 45.50 for One trip

Options
  • 24-01-2011 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Set up online eflow automatic payments for M50 ages ago,
    My card was changed never thought to update my visa info on the eflow site.

Got a letter in today

Journey 1/1/2011 15.12
    Toll Charge 3.00
    ADDITIONAL CHARGE 3.00
    ADDITIONAL CHARGE 39.50
    TOTAL CHARGE PER PASSAGE 45.50

Bloody rip off merchants!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

lol totally your fault

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

Got a letter in today

Journey 1/1/2011 15.12
    Toll Charge 3.00
    ADDITIONAL CHARGE 3.00
    ADDITIONAL CHARGE 39.50

bet you won't 'forget' again ... if there wasn't punitive penalties there would be far too many people 'forgetting' to pay or update cards etc ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Did you ring them and talk to them about it?

Try it and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I think the clue is in the word "penalty".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

did the credit card on file with them expire or did you cancel it. Did they make any attempt to contact you that they could not apply the charge on the credit card they had on file?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Lucky i read this thread. I changed bank cards about a month ago but haven't gone through the barrier since and never thought of updating my account. Thanks for the heads up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

our motor tax is amongst the most expensive per year in Europe yet we still have a bloody toll right in the centre of our capital cities motorway.

Blow it up says me!
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

Same happend to me - and when it happened, I simply changed the date of the card, topped up the account and went onto the eflow site and clicked on "registered user cancellation", filled in the details and the original charge was retropectively applied.

Easy and dreadfully simple to do - no need for phone calls, raised temperatures or angry exchanges. http://www.eflow.ie/notice_cancellation#1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

It's not that easy to "forget" updating your card.
    Mine expired recently and I got at least 3 mails from eflow asking me to update the card details. So unless you are not using the mail address you signed up with any more (which wouldn't be eflow's fault either), there is no reason to get all high and mighty about this :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I got a timely letter from them when my credit card was about to expire last year (it arrived about the same time as the replacement card did; at the start of the month that it was due to expire in), so in my experience they are on the ball when it comes to proactively informing their clients about these things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

Mine expired recently and I got at least 3 mails from eflow asking me to update the card details. So unless you are not using the mail address you signed up with any more (which wouldn't be eflow's fault either), there is no reason to get all high and mighty about this :rolleyes:

Tolltag just sent a message twice - no email or letter. And when you get a rake of messages everyday, it can be forgotten until a letter comes in and then that gets bruired on a desk until the next one comes:D:D and THEN you finally decide you must do something about it.

You could call it laziness too:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The reason I forgot (and if it wasn't for this thread the wrong card would be registered) is that I'm with PTSB and they recently replaced all their Laser cards with Visa Debit cards. The Laser was no where near expiry and I just plodded on as using my new card. At least I haven't gone through the toll since the change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Got a letter in today

Journey 1/1/2011 15.12
    Toll Charge 3.00
    ADDITIONAL CHARGE 3.00
    ADDITIONAL CHARGE 39.50

This is not a rip off, it is a penalty that you could have avoided, it's your fault.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Ghandee wrote: »
    our motor tax is amongst the most expensive per year in Europe yet we still have a bloody toll right in the centre of our capital cities motorway.

Blow it up says me!
    ;)

Europe has plenty of toll roads, go and enjoy using them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Got a letter in today

Journey 1/1/2011 15.12
    Toll Charge 3.00
    ADDITIONAL CHARGE 3.00
    ADDITIONAL CHARGE 39.50

Cheers just reminded me to update my details with them :)

Advertisement