Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerful Wireless Access Point

Options
  • 24-01-2011 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Any recommendations for a powerful wireless AP that wont stuggle with excessive insulation etc. I've installed lots of AP's before but for an upcoming job in a house that has lots and lots of new insulation I'd like something thats a bit stronger.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

I'd recommend the Buffalo WHR-HP-G54. It has a built in amp and gives a very strong signal, even works diagonally through 3 concrete walls. I also have it set on the lower end of the power settings, so I could have room to maneuver.

Additionally you could always install a second AP at the opposite end of the house and link them via ethernet or homeplug if necessary.

Advertisement