Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eyebrow Threading Galway City?

• 24-01-2011 9:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had this done in Galway City lately?
    I read a post on this about Prestige.. I have no idea what's involved. Can someone explain & don't hold back on the pain involved if any !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 empee

Just had mine done by Meenu in Prestige...re-growth after 3 days!! Won't be going again.:mad: Have appointment with Ana in Doughishka (her own home) next week..apparently she's the bizz, will wait and see!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ninky

lilygirl wrote: »
    Hi am getting my threading in Prestige in Eyre Square -next to Supermacs.
    Meenu is the name of the girl- she is from Asia. ;)

What are these guys charging?
    i've had it done in the uk and you shouldnt get regrowth within three days..abit painful 1st time,fairly eye wateringly painful but if you hold the skin taut it'll get done more quickly and there'll be no need to go over hairs missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Heaven scent do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 meenu puri

Im sorry if it didnt suit you but i always make it clear to my clients that you have to get them done only if ther grown out in the sence if tweezed or waxed them recently(week or two before) the can be in the skin even if u cant see them and also in many cases thers two growths and to make them all grow at the same time you have to get it done atleast 2 to 3 times without interferreing with them i have been doing this for 4 yrs and never have had such a problem. i have seen many clients with this problem this is due to ther growth cycle but you should not judge about it unless you have consulted it again and made clear your problems! that is why it is nessecary for one to exfoliate night before and moisturise in the morning and make sure that the have enough growth. it all depends on their individual growth pattern, cycle, colour of hair and texture!
    it is said that the hairs have to be out of the skin but with some hairs and textures thats not the case! wen you go to get threading done from any individual you should make sure you clearly state to them wat you did last and when!!
    for best results for the first time you should always get them to grwo atleast 2weeks or more depending on hair before getting them threaded!
    sometimes some cleints dont say that the did anything with them but a threader can see if the wer picked at! i think everyone should get a consultation and if something goes wrong always contact the person!
    at the end of the day its a method which suits client straight away or takes time with others or just dosent suit some but out of 10 i would rarely see someone who it dosent suit and if that being the case its due to sensitvity and nothing more!
    REST IS UP TO YOU ALL

sorry again
    and thanks all

It had been 6-8wks since I had waxed and then went into Prestige, not 2-3wks so shouldn't have had the re-growth couple dys later. Regardless, went to Ana in Doughishka and got it done properly. She has 30yrs of experience which speaks for itself, very thorough and and very little pain..extremely happy with the results and such a nice lady. Hope this helps anyone trying to decide where to go. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 lilygirl

Meenu is fab.She can not only do "threading", she can choose wright shape for my eyebrows. Brilliant!:) She gave me free consultation and wasn`t pushing me to do it. Now I am threading Full Face( eyebrow+lip+ chin + sides ) all for 40 eu, every 2-3 months. All my friends students from GTI go in to her for the free consult and r verry happy!:)

Hie Lilygirl
    Ana only charges €30 for same, so you are being overcharged. Might be worth checkin a few other places and compare...just a thought.
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 2 debbiemcandrew

Sounds interesting does anyone know how I can get in touch with Ana

Hiya...Her number is <SNIP>..Hope u get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 debbiemcandrew

Thanks so much for that, appreciate it!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Threader13

There's also a woman in knocknacarra who does eyebrow threading. She's a professional, does threading everywhere and is very cheap! She also does killer facials I can tell you that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bonnie1810

Hi any one know the price price for ana or the woman in knocknacarra? and there numbers please! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭c_lady89

empee wrote: »
    Just had mine done by Meenu in Prestige...re-growth after 3 days!! Won't be going again.:mad: Have appointment with Ana in Doughishka (her own home) next week..apparently she's the bizz, will wait and see!:)

Is that the Indian lady?

if so..she is great, bin to her before and she done a great job...that was around 3years ago now!! havnt bin back because im a wimp with pain prefer waxing. but id deffo go back again and give it a try!! giving that i only need my brows waxed every 6months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 claire76

Threader13 wrote: »
    There's also a woman in knocknacarra who does eyebrow threading. She's a professional, does threading everywhere and is very cheap! She also does killer facials I can tell you that ;)

hi, please can you let me know the details of the woman in knocknacarra that does threading, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kazzi 187

Hi could someone please send me Anna number? Getting married next week & need to get them done. The lady that usually does them has gone into hospital so want to go with someone that is highly recommended. Thanks in advance ðŸ˜

Advertisement