Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2011 *** READ FIRST POST before posting or risk being banned! ***

Options
  • 24-01-2011 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭

This thread is for discussion of the Mocks. Please restrict all discussion of the 2011 Mocks to this thread. Other threads may be deleted or closed.

A few simple rules to ensure this thread runs as smoothly as possible:
    • NO POSTING OF MOCK PAPERS: Any posts of the actual papers will be deleted and the user posting them will be banned. This also applies to linking to scans of the papers.

• USE SPOILER TAGS: If you are referring to any specific material on any Mock paper, make sure to use spoiler tags so that people who don't want to know what's on a given paper won't see. A spoiler looks like this:
      Your text here
      . To use spoiler tags, highlight the text you want to spoil, and click the spoiler.gif icon.

• We don't encourage people to post info, and we certainly don't encourage people to read ... in fact, my personal advice to all of you would be to make the Mocks as near the experience of the real thing as possible, and go into it blind, and if that means panic, now is a better time to learn to deal with that than the day of the actual exam.

By getting hints, you're really not fooling anyone but yourself.

However, we recognise that you are all old enough to be responsible for your own actions here, and at least this system means that if people are going to post or seek for hints, they are confined to one thread and others can avoid them.

This policy has evolved in this forum over a number of years: it may not be perfect, but we have found it to be the best compromise. This thread is NOT to be used for arguing with those who choose to post or look for hints.

• All standard boards.ie rules apply here: no flaming, trolling, personal abuse or spamming. Please remember that txtspeak is NOT welcome on Boards. Using large font / multi-coloured text is also both unwelcome and unnecessary.

If you have an issue with a moderation decision, please PM the Mod in question. Do not argue about Mod decisions on thread.

A bit of clarification on what does and doesn't need to be in spoiler tags:

"English was dire, I ran out of time. My comparative was so rushed." = This is fine. You're not giving away any information about the specific content of the paper. No spoilers needed, post away!

"English was dire, I had no idea what to say for Kingship in Macbeth." = This is not fine. Spoilers please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

0987654321 wrote: »
    Can't help but notice the suprising lack of mock threads are they banned or what?
    Compared to last year there are none.
    Post comments on this thread with when mocks start, predictions, feelings etc.
    If you feel the need to include spoilers....put a warning first.
    Best of luck to everyone in them!
    Vodkat wrote: »
    We were given some tips from our Geography teacher (higher level)
    Human interaction with rock cycle- mining, Cultural differences between two regions, Socioeconomic region, (geoecology) Human impact on a biome- Deforestation, Formation of a soil- factors that influence, Urban sprawl- causes and effects.

Our Biology teacher said the higher level mock paper is really hard.
    Our Ag teacher said the higher level ag mock is really easy.

Posts above moved from other (now closed) thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Cathald04

Whens the mocks start for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

28th Feb
    I need to start revising! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Our start on the 16th and we have a midterm in between exams, because god forbid we could actually do social stuff on the break!!! :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

twas a walk in the park ...DEFINATE 100%... and if your sitting beside someone in pass all your answers are on their paper... i didnt use em btw.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I'm glad you didn't use them, however since you did notice them i wonder did one of the answers speak about " The topic on boards.ie confining all mock discussion to one thread ? "

sorry, bad day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Does your school use DEB or Examcraft papers? Examcraft papers have a tick on their front cover.

I don't want any spoilers. Just something to calm my nerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

Vodkat wrote: »
    Our start on the 16th and we have a midterm in between exams, because god forbid we could actually do social stuff on the break!!! :mad: :mad:

ye we have the same, its a pain in the hole! haven't even started studying yet. Have a tough line up too: english, geography and physics before the break and then french and irish the day we come back, which is rough! Followed by maths and history. Stress of that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Ours start on the 11th. Our midterms straight afterwards so I get a bit of a break! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Pre's start the 28th of febuary so no mid term for me ....... No break till summer really cause Easter is so late and our orals are the weeks before Easter but ......... It's only 5 months left! :D

Seriously screwed for the pres though.... :s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 workingstudent

We're starting the 14th (what a lovely valentines day!) and getting them all done in a week...it was always half before and the rest after mid term but we pleaded our case and managed to get them all before! :) we thought it would be better to have some bit of a break and go back after mid term wit a clean slate and ready for work again

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruadhan

You guys are all ridiculously lucky... Mine start MONDAY!! I am going to fail epicly. They end a week before midterm so that should be a relaxed week though

we use DEB :D ....i have lcvp and the french written paper tmoro ...will post what i can;)

brownlad wrote: »
    we use DEB :D ....i have lcvp and the french written paper tmoro ...will post what i can;)
    Please don't! :( I really don't want to know what's coming up. I need to be ready for the real thing.

Feel free to comment on how easy or not it is though. My school use DEB papers so here's hoping it's as easy as you say.

Please don't! :( I really don't want to know what's coming up. I need to be ready for the real thing.
    Soooooo STAY AWAY from this thread!!

headdesk+(net).jpg

:p

Soooooo STAY AWAY from this thread!!

:p

I was gonna suggest he use spoiler tags but that would make it appear as if I was back seat modding.

I was gonna suggest he use spoiler tags but that would make it appear as if I was back seat modding.
    You didn't read the first post, did you?! ... despite the big warning in the title!!! :P
    USE SPOILER TAGS: If you are referring to any specific material on any Mock paper, make sure to use spoiler tags so that people who don't want to know what's on a given paper won't see. A spoiler looks like this:
    Your text here
    . To use spoiler tags, click the spoiler.gif icon.
    Even at that, I would suggest to you and anyone else who doesn't want to know to just avoid this thread altogether ... it's ever so easy / tempting to have "just a quick peek" behind the spoiler when it's there in front of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Over the next few weeks i'll probably post every question as I got most of the papers so anyone not looking for the questions,don't look!
    HL Irish...Lig Sinn I gCathu, Cearrbhach MaCaba and An Bean Og are coming up. Also Maighdilean.
    HL English... Examxcraft,its Frost, Boland and possibly Rich. No theme or issue Q. Is Hamlet a hero or villain?
    For DEB's English HL, general visions and view point and a theme issue q. dickinsons is also coming up.
    Accounting ......less reliable source, its ratios published a/c and incomplete records are section 2 and some sort of costing and budgeting in section 3!
    Tip for English,V&V questions are nice try study that well as common throughout alot of pre companies!

Think it takes it too far to post whole papers, there's some topics to cover!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

My school used to use DEB but afaik we've switched to mocks.ie which isn't ver commonly used for schools (I thought it was students only until I found out..).

Good in a way because it means there won't be much hints for me to be tempted to look at! :P

so i had this paper... iv always been a 70-85% student.... BUT! this paper completely off.... i will be lucky if i scrape 50/55% :mad::mad::mad::mad:...it was the most difficult exam ever... im seriously contemplating droppin down:( .......... i also had lcvp today ..that went ok the usual
    work experience and community development etc
    ..... but french threw me off:( ...good luck to the rest of you guys :o hope you do better:)

• Advertisement

Damn, i'm a 70-85% student as well and my school use DEB. Crap.

Now i'm going to have to quadruple my efforts at French =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 TheWiseGuys

So anyone know a few tips for DEB mock papers? :)
    i heard in english it was Dickinson, anyone know if Boland is on aswell?
    and any tips on Hamlet? any clues for DEB irish and DEB Geog :) thanks!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

Mocjks starting on the 8th of febuary for me

English HL -
    been told that Eavan Boland (oh the joy :rolleyes:) and Robert Frost are on it for definite. However I am unsure which company my school uses

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

How do you find out what your school uses? Don't think I can ask, the teachers would be on to me.

How do you find out what your school uses? Don't think I can ask, the teachers would be on to me.
    You can't until you sit the first exam.

Even at that, different teachers may have chosen different companies. If you want spoilers you're going to have to amalgamate all the spoilers.

so guise:p iv english paper1 and 2 on monday :( .... we use DEB ...will post what i can :rolleyes: .... any one with hints 4 biology or is it just me that's doing my mocks this early :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MickieMc

*DO NOT READ IF YOU DONT WANT ENGLISH SPOILER* ENGLISH HL= I dunna how to use the spoiler thingie so dont read if u dont want my hint :P
    papers that arent exam craft have eaven boland themes and issues and i think appearance and reality in hamlet coming up.,exam craft ones have an essay on the character of hamlet and eaven boland i think
    =)

Dont suppose you could drop a few hints on whats coming up??:P

In french or biology or economics or geography :L many thanks:P

MickieMc wrote: »
    I dunna how to use the spoiler thingie so dont read if u dont want my hint :P
    It tells you how to use it in the first post on this thread, Mickey! >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MickieMc

i thought the giant do not read might have put people off if they didnt wanna know ;)

• Advertisement

MickieMc wrote: »
    i thought the giant do not read might have put people off if they didnt wanna know ;)
    1) The rule is: USE SPOILERS

2) Some people absorb quite a lot in a first glance at a post or whatever, the reason for spoilers is that DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING is often too late.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement