Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2011 *** READ FIRST POST before posting or risk being banned! ***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 owenthorp

Please guys really need some info on whats coming up in the higher level geography DEB mock papers! just tell me a question on physical,regional,human and geoecology on the biome PLEASE

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Grey24

i had the french tape test today i think it was the dbs one coz it had the bar code on the front!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CaoimheKeee

havnt done paper 2 it i have it tomorrow.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭marzh007

Grey24 wrote: »
    i had the french tape test today i think it was the dbs one coz it had the bar code on the front!
    can you give me hints for the french one if you dont mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Helphelphelp92

Anyone have English Paper 2 higher level for DEB?? So stressed!! :(

Also Art History for DEB if possible! Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 StarCollision

Has anyone had the french listening where they talked about
    The woman getting her bag stolen/ a woman wrote a book about discrimination in the workplace
    ?

Or the Lcvp case study on
    a woman setting up her own organic veg company
    ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 jammy dodger

havnt done paper 2 it i have it tomorrow.. :)

but u just told me the headings to paper 2!!!!!!!!!do you mean you havnt done paper 1 yet?????!!!!

but u just told me the headings to paper 2!!!!!!!!!do you mean you havnt done paper 1 yet?????!!!!
    yepp we did english paper 2 and maths paper one today.. english paper 1 & maths paper 2 tomorrow..

Grey24 wrote: »
    yepp we did english paper 2 and maths paper one today.. english paper 1 & maths paper 2 tomorrow..

can you give me hints for maths, please? I'll give you hint for other subs in return :D

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭NSNO

Had English Paper 1 today - not sure which company, if anyone could confirm I'd be very grateful
    Theme was motivation

Text 1 - Article on Nina Carberry - female jockey.
    Text 2 - Extract from Nando Parrado's autobiography about the rugby team that crashed in the Andes (url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_in_the_Andes:_72_Days_on_the_Mountain_and_My_Long_Trek_Home)
    Text 3 - About some former Army Reservist who became a principal and motivated students from a poor background to well. Question B here was a practical study guide for LC students.

Compositions were very general. Article on gender equality, personal essay on when a time when your life was difficult, short story where one character dominates the rest. No surprises here.

• Advertisement

does anyone know what came up in the DEB paper 1 and paper 2 of english??????

NSNO wrote: »
    Had English Paper 1 today - not sure which company, if anyone could confirm I'd be very grateful
    Theme was motivation

Text 2 - Extract from Nando Parrado's autobiography about the rugby team that crashed in the Andes (url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_in_the_Andes:_72_Days_on_the_Mountain_and_My_Long_Trek_Home)
    Text 3 - About some former Army Reservist who became a principal and motivated students from a poor background to well. Question B here was a practical study guide for LC students.

Compositions were very general. Article on gender equality, personal essay on when a time when your life was difficult, short story where one character dominates the rest. No surprises here.
    Thats deb. :)

marzh007 wrote: »
    Thats deb. :)

Thanking you:)

@NSNO do you know what style of language they used for text two?

can you give me hints for maths, please? I'll give you hint for other subs in return :D

yepp il pm youu now..
    what subs you done so far?!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

Maths OL i think we use examcraft, our papers have a barcode on the top right hand corner.
    Q1 ratios, compound interest, income tax gross income
    Q2 know indices for c
    Q3 fractions in algebra. graph with algebra
    Q4 complex a) argand diagram, b) real and imaginary, c) division
    Q5 geometric and arithmetic you'll be grand if you have log tables
    Q7 differentiation, chain rule, quoitent rule, speed and velocity

Theme was motivation

what are yao expecting to come up in paper 2????

anyone have HL business exam craft??

HAS ANYONE ANY INFORMATION ON GEOGRAPHY HIGHER LEVEL DEB? REALLY STRESSING OUT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Helphelphelp92

Theme was motivation

That's DEB, Does anyone have the Paper 2 for this??

• Advertisement

yepp il pm youu now..
    what subs you done so far?!
    I haven't started my tests yet but I've got some hints for some subs. What company do you use by the way and also what subjects do you do?

@NSNO do you know what style of language they used for text two?
    It was a direct excerpt from his autobiography. Anything in particular you want to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭augmented reality

Has anyone done Geography or Irish(paper 2) mocks yet?? Both HL and examcraft..
    Any advice greatly appreciated..

English Paper 2 HL i think its examcraft
    Boland, Frost, Wordsworth and Hopkins.
    Vision and viewpoint and cultural context
    soliloquys and is hamlet a hero or villain

It was a direct excerpt from his autobiography. Anything in particular you want to know?

Do you remember any of the essay titles? that's all i need really. Thanks.

Do you remember any of the essay titles? that's all i need really. Thanks.
    Can't really remember anything specific sorry. I'll try though:

Article for a popular magazine on gender equality
    Short story in which one character dominates the others
    Personal essay on when your life was difficult

... That's about all I can remember. I did the article for the magazine which I suppose is the easiest. I definitely though the Text 3 question B was by far and away the easiest to do so I'd recommend that. I personally thought Text 2 question A was the easier of the A's but some people felt Text 1 was easier. Theme of the paper was motivation but I think 'Overcoming adversity' is far more accurate

I haven't started my tests yet but I've got some hints for some subs. What company do you use by the way and also what subjects do you do?

Examcraft :)

emm geography, japanese, biology, religion & irish :P
    anyy hints would be really appreciated :)

soup1 wrote: »
    i havent sat the exam yet, but i know the hamlet question is -
    is hamlet a hero or a villlian? discuss or there is a question on the importance of soliloquies. General Vision and Viewpoint and Cultural Context are both on.
    When are you sitting the exam? Any chance you could post the questions in more detail after you sit it?

are your papers exam craft?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rache611

the english paper has been posted about a hundred times!! everyone stop being lazy and read them before you ask AGAIN.

NOW for some Geography please :L

• Advertisement

HIGHER LEVEL GEOGRAPHY DEB
    ANY HINTS I HAVE IT AS MY 1ST EXAM TOMORROW PLEASE!!!!
    ANY HINT ON A FULL PHYSICAL QUESTION?
    WHAT COMES UP FOR THE REGIONAL QUESTION?
    A FULL QUESTION ON HUMAQN GEOGRAPHY THAT DOESNT HAVE THE EU AS PART C?
    A GEOCOLOGY QUESTION ON THE BIOME? PLEASE HELP :confused::confused::confused::(:(:( :eek: :eek::eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement