Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2011 *** READ FIRST POST before posting or risk being banned! ***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kilmessancarly

pk is doing his own paper for us

• Registered Users Posts: 30 larkin1993

I've got the applied maths mock paper if anyone wants to know whats on it( not sure if its debs or examcraft)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Anyone got DEB HL Chemistry? I want to know what the 3 experiements are...please! Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Mocks20111

Has anyone done the DEB HL maths paper 2 ? Spoilers ? Is it hard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

Mariekatie wrote: »
    Does any one know if
    a letter from a soldier in war writing to his family
    comes up in the examcraft papers for (HL) English....question b??? :D
    Someone living in Iraq who has escaped just before the war began - write a letter to family overseas telling them about your experiences and expressing your hopes and fears for the impending war.

Pretty much the same thing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 owenthorp

ok this is the last time i will ever post this. does anyone know what is coming up in the physics DEB honours exam? please and thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 39 TaraP1993

Caz2011 wrote: »
    This is DEB :
    Irish Paper1: there's an oiread on your school days are your best days, politicians debate and an essay on drugs and crime.
    Paper 2: An bean og, lig sin I gcathu and cearrbhach is compulsory. Bimse buan, nil aon ni and Jack. Magdileana or Dan do mheillisa. An trial: not many good characters in the play. Stair : I did poets Deirdre Brennan and Sean o riordan also ogham and na hannala.*

thank you so much some hero :) can you remember any of the exact questions for the poetry or prose so i can have them prepared? thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 deniska

i have Art History tomorrow :(:(:( what can i study for it? plzzzz higher level or maybe any1 hav the paper??really really want it :(

Grey24 wrote: »
    is that examcraft?
    nope DEB

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Gentle reminder to all: Boards is a textspeak-free zone!

We have this strange addiction to actual English words like "you" and "the" and "please"! :P

Funnily enough, so do the LC examiners.

Just saying! >_>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 deniska

I need the ART HISTORY plzzz.im doin the exam 2morro:(
    also who helps me will get the english higher level paper 1 and 2 and maths ordinary paper 1 and 2

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Cardor

Hey I need help with Physics and Geography HL.. I have a fair Idea what might come up but what questions come up in each section i.e Whats part A, B, C in geography.. and what is coming up in physics.. for each question?.. I have English Paper 1 and 2 HL, I have Religion HL, I have German HL and I have maths OL Paper 1.. I also have History later modern HL!! Any help would be much appreciated.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

Cardor wrote: »
    Hey I need help with Physics and Geography HL.. I have a fair Idea what might come up but what questions come up in each section i.e Whats part A, B, C in geography.. and what is coming up in physics.. for each question?.. I have English Paper 1 and 2 HL, I have Religion HL, I have German HL and I have maths OL Paper 1.. I also have History later modern HL!! Any help would be much appreciated.. ;)

Which companies do you use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Roxy2011

amg2011 wrote: »
    Are you 100% it's DEB and if so do you have any hints on the long questions ? Please :)
    K.H.L wrote: »
    anyone know whats coming up on examcraft home ec?

Only do Debs sorry but goodluck I heard the microwave comes up on examcraft not sure tho :)

Right Physics the pain of my life no joke the paper is a piece of **** unbeliveably hard I thought it was a joke just answered two questions from a possible 16 so failed with flyong colours :
    Q5 State Archimedes principle?
    What is the angular velocity of an object on the surface of the earth due to the rotation of the earth about its axis?
    why can you not observe total internal reflection when travelling from a less dense medium to a more dense medium?
    which wave phenomenon distinguishes transverse waves from longitudinal waves?
    Name a thermometric property associated with a mercury in glass thermometer and state one other thermometric property?
    Explain how point discharge works?
    What is the role of the moderator and the control rods in a fission reactor?

Q6 What is meant by simple harmonic motion?
    State Hooke's law?
    Questions on harmonics, using hookes law

Q7 State the laws of refraction of light
    Real images diagram

Q8 Magnetic flux
    Faraday's law
    Experiment to demonstrate faraday's law
    Calculations

Q9 Scientist who:
    introduced the term electron in 1891
    determined the value of the charge on the elctron in 1911
    discovered that the positive charge in an atom was concentrated in the nucleus?

Describe the experiment that the scientist performed in 1911 to show that the positive charge was concentrated in the nucleus?
    Why did it take much longer to discover the neutron than the other particles?

Explain how using Bohr's model how light is emitteed in a discharge tube when the atoms in a gas are excited by an electrical discharge?
    Calculations

Q10 What are the four fundamental forces of nature?

List the forces in order of increasing strength Give an example of where each of these forces is observed
    Name the two scientists that verified einsteins formula E=mc (squared) and with the aid of a labelled diagram describe their experiment?

Write a nuclear equation to represent this reaction?
    Calculations

Q11 Heat pump in fridge
    Calculations
    State two forms of electromagnetic radiation with a higher frequency than light
    Why is knowledge of the direction of the earth's magnetic field important when designing marine compasses?
    Calculations

Q12 What are stationary waves?
    Explain how a ststionary wave is formed in a pipe opened at both ends
    Draw diagrams demonstrating the first three harmonics produced on a pipe open at both ends.
    Explain from these diagrams how the frequencies are related for the first three harmonics

State two factors on which the capacitance of a parallel plate capacitor depends
    Describe an experiment that demonstrates the dependence of one of these factors on the capacitance of a parallel plate capacitor
    Explain how the potential difference changes with time across both components after the switch has been closed.

Good Luck :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamhallen

Roxy2011 wrote: »

That looks impossible :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Roxy2011

niamhallen wrote: »
    That looks impossible :/
    It is lol Have loreto started yet?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 StevenGuiry

Mariekatie wrote: »
    any one have spoilers for paper 1 and 2 for english! And the company is examcraft...I'm doing Home ec tomorrow..i let ye know everything...thank you:D

Ordinary or honours level??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Mocks20111

Okay, so this is the last time i'm going to post this, but does anyone at all know what questions are coming up on Maths HL Paper 2 DEB Mock ? :D Muchly appreciated if you can give me spoilers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Hassett00

Surely people have done the Business HL Examcraft by now. Would be a serious help if ye could drop us a few things on it. Specially the long questions. I have the History examcraft if that helps :)

I LOVE YOU!!!!! PLEASE SAY YOUR TELLING THE TRUTH SOME PEOPLE ARE PASTING EXAM PAPERS FROM EXAMINATIONS.IE TO FOOL PEOPLE!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

owenthorp wrote: »
    I LOVE YOU!!!!! PLEASE SAY YOUR TELLING THE TRUTH SOME PEOPLE ARE PASTING EXAM PAPERS FROM EXAMINATIONS.IE TO FOOL PEOPLE!!!
    If any posts are definitely / demonstrably copied from somewhere else solely to confuse, please report them along with the link to the relevant source.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

anyone know anything for Irish paper 1 HL or maths paper 2 HL mocks.ie ??

Epically failed maths paper 1 today :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Awnyeah

TaraP1993 wrote: »
    Question on biome- How do plants and animals adapt to biome?
    Igneous Rocks
    One way humans use rocks- geothermal, construction etc
    Migration- doners and recievers of migration
    Short questions were handy maps and photos
    Stetch maps
    The affect joining the EU had on Ireland

Was the barcode on the right or the left on the paper?
    Left = DEB
    Right = Examcraft

Please reply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 JJ93

Grey24 wrote: »
    does anyone know what paper company is this from french...
    reading comps: one is about this reporters group and the other is about children in school and it's from their view. there not too difficult.
    opinion pieces: one's the response to the opinion pieces, like the media and discipline in the school system
    .then 2,3,4 are racism, a letter to a french school saying you want to go and learn french while helping the students learn english, a journal entry about your friend moving abroad, your opinion on children playing video games, racism or the pressure of exams

Thats definately DEB! Have you done business or biology? As a matter of fact HAS ANYONE DONE BUSINESS OR BIOLOGY DEB!!?

Awnyeah wrote: »
    TaraP1993 wrote: »
    Question on biome- How do plants and animals adapt to biome?
    Igneous Rocks
    One way humans use rocks- geothermal, construction etc
    Migration- doners and recievers of migration
    Short questions were handy maps and photos
    Stetch maps
    The affect joining the EU had on Ireland

Was the barcode on the right or the left on the paper?
    Left = DEB
    Right = Examcraft

Please reply!

its DEB

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭JohnSmith17

How many companies make mock papers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ryanshane52

How many companies make mock papers?

4 i do believe

i would really like to say thanks to ROXY2011 4 helpin me out with the physics paper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ryanshane52

owenthorp wrote: »
    i would really like to say thanks to ROXY2011 4 helpin me out with the physics paper

i second this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Cardor

Roxy2011 wrote: »
    Only do Debs sorry but goodluck I heard the microwave comes up on examcraft not sure tho :)

Right Physics the pain of my life no joke the paper is a piece of **** unbeliveably hard I thought it was a joke just answered two questions from a possible 16 so failed with flyong colours :
    Q5 State Archimedes principle?
    What is the angular velocity of an object on the surface of the earth due to the rotation of the earth about its axis?
    why can you not observe total internal reflection when travelling from a less dense medium to a more dense medium?
    which wave phenomenon distinguishes transverse waves from longitudinal waves?
    Name a thermometric property associated with a mercury in glass thermometer and state one other thermometric property?
    Explain how point discharge works?
    What is the role of the moderator and the control rods in a fission reactor?

Q6 What is meant by simple harmonic motion?
    State Hooke's law?
    Questions on harmonics, using hookes law

Q7 State the laws of refraction of light
    Real images diagram

Q8 Magnetic flux
    Faraday's law
    Experiment to demonstrate faraday's law
    Calculations

Q9 Scientist who:
    introduced the term electron in 1891
    determined the value of the charge on the elctron in 1911
    discovered that the positive charge in an atom was concentrated in the nucleus?

Describe the experiment that the scientist performed in 1911 to show that the positive charge was concentrated in the nucleus?
    Why did it take much longer to discover the neutron than the other particles?

Explain how using Bohr's model how light is emitteed in a discharge tube when the atoms in a gas are excited by an electrical discharge?
    Calculations

Q10 What are the four fundamental forces of nature?

List the forces in order of increasing strength Give an example of where each of these forces is observed
    Name the two scientists that verified einsteins formula E=mc (squared) and with the aid of a labelled diagram describe their experiment?

Write a nuclear equation to represent this reaction?
    Calculations

Q11 Heat pump in fridge
    Calculations
    State two forms of electromagnetic radiation with a higher frequency than light
    Why is knowledge of the direction of the earth's magnetic field important when designing marine compasses?
    Calculations

Q12 What are stationary waves?
    Explain how a ststionary wave is formed in a pipe opened at both ends
    Draw diagrams demonstrating the first three harmonics produced on a pipe open at both ends.
    Explain from these diagrams how the frequencies are related for the first three harmonics

State two factors on which the capacitance of a parallel plate capacitor depends
    Describe an experiment that demonstrates the dependence of one of these factors on the capacitance of a parallel plate capacitor
    Explain how the potential difference changes with time across both components after the switch has been closed.

Hey.. tanx for all of this.. its brilliant help.. but what experiments came up?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement