Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2011 *** READ FIRST POST before posting or risk being banned! ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Caz2011

telephone wrote: »
    Does anyone know the stair for irish hl deb? PLEASE!!!! Have English, Business, Accounting DEB
    Could you please pm me Business DEB!!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kkkk

aoifeen Ox wrote: »
    I've had a good few of my mocks already!
    English HL paper 1:
    Comprehension1: QB write a letter to a well know sports personality whom you would like to interview...Comprehension2 QB write the introduction you would give to Nando Parrado(randomer
    mentioned in the comp) who has been invited to your school to give a motivational speech...Comp3: QB Write a practical guide for students who are doing their LC focus on effective strategics aimed at achieving their goals...For question A's just for all the part (iii) have a good knowledge of style of writing
    Dont do what i did and answer 3 question A's and no B's
    1. write an opinion piece for a mag on gender equality..2.Write a talk to be given to your classmates entitled what the future holds for us 3. 'if we only had strength to make it' write a short story by the suggested quote 4. personal essay about a time you found life difficult 5. newspaper article draw attention to importance of continuing to support charitable causes despite economic difficulties 6.write a speech in which you argue for or against the provisions of free education for all 7. short story where the central character dominates other characters
    I don't know what exam company that was from i think it was Examcraft but if anyone has had that paper and knows whats on paper2 could ya let me know :)
    History HL:
    Documents are on the Coleraine University controversy..Mini essay is: To what extent was the Lockwood Report considered by the nationalist people of Derry to be another example of their mistreatment by the Stormont Government
    For section 2: Ireland we've covered the pursuit of sovereignty and the impact of partition which is topic 3 but if anyone has a different topic let me know :D
    Topic 3: 1. to what extent did the treaty negotiations and the signing of the treaty expose serious splits within the sinn fein party? 2. What was the inpact of WW II on Belfast? 3. During the period 1922-39 which government handeled the economy/law and order better, cumman na ngaedheal or Fianna Fáil? 4. How successful was James Craig as Prime Minister of northern ireland?
    Section 2: Europe and the Wider world this is the section where you write on two topics and we covered Dictatorship and Democracy in Europe 1920-45 (Topic3) and The United States and the World 1945-1989(Topic 6)
    Topic 3. 1.How did Lenin and Stalin use totalitarianism to strengthen the communist regime in the soviet union 2.to what extent was Hitlers foreign policy successful during 1933-39? 3.How did Britain and Germany deal with economic problems they faced during the 1930's? 4. What role did the development of technology play in the WW II?
    Topic 6: 1. what was the immediate and long term impact of the Montgomery bus boycott? 2. to what extent did the vietnam war cause deep divisions in american politics and society 68-75? 3. what was the impact of one or more of the following in american society: youth culture, counter culture, multiculturalism? 4.How sis sucessive administrations deal with american economic and/or foreign policy during the years 1970-89?
    I've also done OL maths paper 1 and HL Ag-science if anyone wants hints

Paper 2 of that exam is
    1. Hamlet is a tragic hero whos mind is always in turmoil or something like that or appearance vs reality (deception) in Hamlet
    2. Theme and Issue and general vision and viewpoint
    Theme and issue q is on key moments
    3. Poets are frost dickinson boland and wordsworth
    the frost question is i am not only a nature poet and the dickinson question is about her range of emotions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 justnobodygirl

Anyone know anything about Art History? I have it tomorrow and I am freaking out for the European section. My teacher has told us that
    Newgrange bringing in the people that made it is up. And a still life. I think. She made us study Dutch painters at almost last moment.
    Is there any way that
    fauvism
    is coming up?Really freaking out. I have DEB Math Paper 1 HL and History HL and English Paper 2 HL if anyone wants them just ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭NSNO

Looking for DEB Maths P2 HL. Would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 StevenGuiry

Anyone got any idea on either of Papers?? I know U-Value is guarenteed, anyone got anything else?:)

I'm not sure which paper but someone said in an earlier thread that
    Eaves detail
    u values
    Wheelchair entrance
    cant remember what else but if you look back through the thread you should find it:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 brian1993

anybody have the debs hl history, biology hl or maths ol paper 2??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 monkeyman92

Im looking for the exam paper with the barcode up the top right for history! people have been sending me on stuff but i really dunno which is which! people told me what my irish OL examcraft paper 1 was and it was wrong! lucky im good at irish! i dont want the same happenin to history because its my weakest subject..along with business! so please if you can tell me what paper i have that will be appreciated! bar code is on the top right with 2 or 3 digits underneath!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruadhan

Finished my mocks today!! Best feeling ever. Hate to be ye guys. Advice: just study instead of finding out what's on the paper, you'll thank yourself in June. Mwahaha, I feel so powerful now that I'm finished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 .Aoife.

Does anyone know whats on Irish paper 2 ordinary level?
    not sure what company, it had a barcode on the right hand corner?
    Ive already done English paper 1&2 (HL), Geography(HL), Maths paper 1 and 2(Ol), Irish paper 1(Ol). Please help :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 owenthorp

kkkk wrote: »
    Paper 2 of that exam is
    1. Hamlet is a tragic hero whos mind is always in turmoil or something like that or appearance vs reality (deception) in Hamlet
    2. Theme and Issue and general vision and viewpoint
    Theme and issue q is on key moments
    3. Poets are frost dickinson boland and wordsworth
    the frost question is i am not only a nature poet and the dickinson question is about her range of emotions

Is that DEB?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Flutee

higher level physics paper
    Simple harmonic motion
    refraction of light
    electromagnetic induction
    the electron
    logic gates

• Registered Users Posts: 44 aeromsmith

can anybody help me please...?
    i have BUSINESS (hl) tomorrow not too sure what paper .. what ever one
    doesnt have break even chart
    on it..
    and also IRISH (ol) examcraft..?
    i have done both maths both english geography and 1 irish if u can give me this info id be happy to help you.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

sorry but ..do you mind reading the thread before you pm me ? like most of the stuff your asking i and others have already posted....thank you :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mockslol

Please anyone have examcraft Chemistry test tomorrow would like to know the expermints thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pikies

DEB German Mock Listening Exam Higher Level

Q On Bullimia..
    Q on smuggling drugs
    Q on the conversation was about a man ringin a language college complainin about his daughter nt learning anyting and d course being so dear
    News piece on a young girl breakin into a house and pretending to b a neighbour and waiting for the owners 2 leave.

Hope this helped... Anyone got any info on:
    Higher Level :
    Economics
    Biology
    English
    Business
    Irish????
    Greatly appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 cbaz09

Okay guys I have done Physics , History Irish paper 1, French, music and english HL examcraft willing to swop spoilers for paper 2 Irish

Its the second paper of the one with Comprehensions on french women and Anne Frank

Please Help

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Iamcool

Does anyone have any other hints on the DEBS Chemistry and Biology papers?? I looked at the thread but haven't really gotten that much :( Please help!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kkkk

owenthorp wrote: »
    Is that DEB?

im not sure sorry, the
    first comprehension was about a female jockey?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Cardor

brownlad wrote: »
    sorry but ..do you mind reading the thread before you pm me ? like most of the stuff your asking i and others have already posted....thank you :confused:

Is that being implied to me?.. I'm assuming so since I pm'd u!.. I have gone through the entire thread twice and I've seen hints for DEBS physics and just a few for examcraft.. thats why I was asking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sunnysonny

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ OR IRISH PAPER 2 HL :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Roxy2011 wrote: »
    Only do Debs sorry but goodluck I heard the microwave comes up on examcraft not sure tho :)

Right Physics the pain of my life no joke the paper is a piece of **** unbeliveably hard I thought it was a joke just answered two questions from a possible 16 so failed with flyong colours :
    Q5 State Archimedes principle?
    What is the angular velocity of an object on the surface of the earth due to the rotation of the earth about its axis?
    why can you not observe total internal reflection when travelling from a less dense medium to a more dense medium?
    which wave phenomenon distinguishes transverse waves from longitudinal waves?
    Name a thermometric property associated with a mercury in glass thermometer and state one other thermometric property?
    Explain how point discharge works?
    What is the role of the moderator and the control rods in a fission reactor?

Q6 What is meant by simple harmonic motion?
    State Hooke's law?
    Questions on harmonics, using hookes law

Q7 State the laws of refraction of light
    Real images diagram

Q8 Magnetic flux
    Faraday's law
    Experiment to demonstrate faraday's law
    Calculations

Q9 Scientist who:
    introduced the term electron in 1891
    determined the value of the charge on the elctron in 1911
    discovered that the positive charge in an atom was concentrated in the nucleus?

Describe the experiment that the scientist performed in 1911 to show that the positive charge was concentrated in the nucleus?
    Why did it take much longer to discover the neutron than the other particles?

Explain how using Bohr's model how light is emitteed in a discharge tube when the atoms in a gas are excited by an electrical discharge?
    Calculations

Q10 What are the four fundamental forces of nature?

List the forces in order of increasing strength Give an example of where each of these forces is observed
    Name the two scientists that verified einsteins formula E=mc (squared) and with the aid of a labelled diagram describe their experiment?

Write a nuclear equation to represent this reaction?
    Calculations

Q11 Heat pump in fridge
    Calculations
    State two forms of electromagnetic radiation with a higher frequency than light
    Why is knowledge of the direction of the earth's magnetic field important when designing marine compasses?
    Calculations

Q12 What are stationary waves?
    Explain how a ststionary wave is formed in a pipe opened at both ends
    Draw diagrams demonstrating the first three harmonics produced on a pipe open at both ends.
    Explain from these diagrams how the frequencies are related for the first three harmonics

State two factors on which the capacitance of a parallel plate capacitor depends
    Describe an experiment that demonstrates the dependence of one of these factors on the capacitance of a parallel plate capacitor
    Explain how the potential difference changes with time across both components after the switch has been closed.

Good Luck :D

Is that HL or OL. Still thank you for posting that!

Does anyone have information on Maths HL Paper 1(DEBS), Art History HL(DEBS), French OL(DEBS) or Irish OL(DEBS).

Thank you in advance for anyone that can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 DazRe

We had irish listening and on the right hand side there was a L.6L can somone tell me what company that is! it was about
    a lotto winner in limerick and about the gaisce award as well as some opening of something in donegal
    please help

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FTS

Has anyone done Art History HL or German HL Examcraft?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 healyy7

Can someone please help with the DEB Ordinary Maths paper 1 mock ? needed for tomorrow :]

Also, if anyone has Biology Honours or Chemistry Ordinary that would be a Great help :D

Ii have Ordinary English both papers & also Home Ec Honours & Ordinary Irish paper 1 if needed by anyonee :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Redzer1991

have these next week so could someone tell me what came up in the DEB version of these papers please?

IF ANY1 HAS DONE HL SPANISH PAPER WITH BARCODE....WHAT WAS THE THEME ??? IN DIRE NEED OF ANWSERS :(:( !!!!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭will1569reptile

That whoud be deb paper because of the l.. but use barcodes to be sure of the paper...
    What were answers for orindary irish tape? or do you no

• Registered Users Posts: 34 DazRe

Surely someone has done Examcraft Irish can they please put up a spoiler or send me a pm? It's a matter of great urgenicy! Please reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kempton

just had irish 1 today HL think it's examcraft?
    aiste on: problems of this country are only getting worse and the influence of mean cumarsaide.
    story based on courage.
    debate on young people having a tough life.
    comprehensions were about famous diaries of people and also women of france.
    was wondering if anyone could help me with paper 2?

• Advertisement

Has no1 done spanish yet ???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement