Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2011 *** READ FIRST POST before posting or risk being banned! ***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 sarahom

TaraP1993 wrote: »
    SAME HERE have it monday and theres hardly anything on it here :(

Q1 - just learn the nitrogen cycle
    Q2 - was ecology and know pollution and waste management
    Q3 - was genetic engineering . it gave you an example and u had to know whether it was a womans dna or a mans
    Q4 - was vegettive propagation i think

Q7 - alcohol and yeast
    Q8 - Foodtests
    Q9 - fungus on leaf

Q10 - ecology - know a niche, difference between abiotic and bitoic, and know 3 different climatic factors
    Q11 - blood and the circulatory system
    Q12 - Femals reroductive system. youve to be able to label the diagram and theress a bit on all that embryo and placenta stuff
    Q14 - label digestive system diagram and photosynthesis and endocrine system
    Q15 - something to do with a seed..dormancy? ..respiration and viruses

that was all i can really remember. hope it helps

Mod: sarahom, welcome to Boards.

Please READ THE FIRST POST IN THE THREAD, and follow the instructions therein.

In particular, USE SPOILERS for any specific information.

Anybody have ANYTHING for the german HL exam ..?
    The one that had bulimia as the aural?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

sarahom wrote: »

Is this definetly examcraft?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭KateC92

SO, I just spent a good two hours going through this whole thread and taking what I needed, so I feel I should give a little :) These are the exams I've sat so far.

DEB ENGLISH HIGHER LEVEL PAPER 2
    Single Text:
    Wuthering Heights - The appeal of Brontes novel lies mainly in the fascinating and complex character of Heathcliff OR WH is a powerful tale of two generations torn apart by revenge but united by love
    A Doll's House - In the play Ibsen presents the extremes of power and powerlessness in an intriguing manner OR Kristine in contrast to Nora is a character worthy of our admiration
    A Whistle in the Dark - AWITD paints a grim picture of the lives of Irish emigrants in England during the 1950s OR There is little doubt that each of the Carney boys is a true son of their father
    Hamlet - H is a tragic hero whose mind is a continuous battleground OR Shakespeare brilliantly portrays a world in which deception and false appearances dominate
    The Grapes of Wrath - TGOW is primarily concerned with the struggle to survive in an unequal world OR In reading TGOW powerful imagery and symbolism add greatly to the dramatic impact of the narrative
    Comparative Study:
    General Vision and Viewpoint - The GVV of a text can add enormously to the impact on the reader OR A reader's interest in a text depend's greatly on the GVV presented by the author
    Theme - By analyzing the key moments of different texts, you can identify a number of interesting similarities and differences relating to a common theme that is explored by the authors OR An author's portrayal of an engaging them can add thoroughly to our enjoyment of a good narrative
    Poetry:
    Unseen poem - A Northern Morning by Alistait Elliot - Mood of poem and favorite lines OR personal response
    Eavan Boland - EBsaid she wanted her poetry to deal with themes that were "parts of my world"
    Robert Frost - "I'm not a nature poet. There's always something more in my poems."
    William Wordsworth - Write ou the text of a talk that you would give to a group of students on the lasting appeal of WW's poetry over the last 200 years. Your answer should focus on both themes and the way he expresses them.
    Emily Dickinson - In her poems ED explores the full range of emotions from elation to deep despair

EXAMCRAFT IRISH ORDINARY LEVEL PAPER 2
    Prós:
    (a) Fiche Blian ag Fás OR Lá Buí Bealtaine OR Clare sa Spéir
    (b) Téamaí - cearrbhacas OR óige OR ól OR grá OR fuath OR ainmhithe OR éin OR greann
    Filíocht:
    (a) Gealt OR Níl Aon Ní
    (b) Faoiseamh a Gheobhadsa - Mothhúchán - brón OR síocháin OR díomá OR uaigneas OR cumha OR grá

I also have EXAMCRAFT HIGHER LEVEL MATHS PAPER 1 and APPLIED MATHS, but I'm obviously not going to type them out so PM me if you want details

• Registered Users Posts: 39 TaraP1993

Q3 - was genetic engineering . it gave you an example and u had to know whether it was a womans dna or a mans

Q7 - alcohol and yeast
    Q8 - Foodtests
    Q9 - fungus on leaf

Q10 - ecology - know a niche, difference between abiotic and bitoic, and know 3 different climatic factors
    Q12 - Femals reroductive system. youve to be able to label the diagram and theress a bit on all that embryo and placenta stuff

thank you is that DEB?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 JJ93

Can someone please tell me what's coming up in business and biology deb hl? PPPLLLEEEAASSE :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34 DazRe

deanoAG wrote: »
    Hi. im so cofused what spoilers are deb or examcraft for Irish. can u tell me in your irish aural was there something about
    Bono and someone wanting to do medicine?

If you find out will you tell me please:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 CraigJJCahill

hayshoex wrote: »
    does anyone know whats coming up in? :
    HL Biology.
    HL Business.
    HL Irish : listening was:
    gaisce & the girl who wanted to do listening
    HL ENGLISH i think DEB

i know whats coming up in History higher level :
    Coleraine.
    2 what extent did d treaty negotiations and the signing of the treaty expose serious splits within the sinn finn party ..
    How did lenin n stalin use totaltarism to strenghten the comuinst regime in Russia.
    To what extent was hitlers foreign policy successful.
    Usa ..
    Montgomery bus boycott.
    What was the immediate and lomgterm impact n the mointgomery b us boycott.

is that examcraft or debs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 ellensmith

Q7 - alcohol and yeast
    Q8 - Foodtests
    Q9 - fungus on leaf

Mod: sarahom, welcome to Boards.

Please READ THE FIRST POST IN THE THREAD, and follow the instructions therein.

In particular, USE SPOILERS for any specific information.

is this DEBS? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 owenthorp

Can someone please tell me what the DEB honours maths questions are for maths please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 kjsckth

dose anybody know what the Wordsworth question was HL English (DEB)?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭sparagon

kjsckth wrote: »
    dose anybody know what the Wordsworth question was HL English (DEB)?
    try
    it was about appeal of his poetry write a sppech

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 charlie91

mocks11 wrote: »
    hey , could you tell me what came up in german? and is it DEB ?

could you tell me what's on the chemistry paper please? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 charlie91

louierox wrote: »
    i left the actual paper in school but ill tell you what i remember!
    loads of stochiometry, a fairly decent question on water, no mechanisms in organic, a titration of bleach for the experiment, preperation of ethene I THINK - the one with sodium dichromate in the funnel, heat of neutralisation
    thats all i can remember im afraid - when do you have it? i might be able to give you more
    just found a very good post on it - much better than mine:
    Deb CHEM:Q1 Water crystillisation exp Q2 ehanoic acid Q3hcl n naoh heat of neytralisation Q5ionisation enerygy, bonding,shapes of moleculesQ6 octane number, crube oil,heat of combustoinQ7waterQ8names of organic compoundsQ9rate of reactionQ10atomic particles,mass spectrometer,calculatin RAM, oxidation reduction.

thank you so much!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 chrisbec

Hi, does anyone have Examcraft HL English paper 2 information? thanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭emma123abc

Document:
    the Coleraine University controversy. Mini essay is: To what extent was the Lockwood Report considered by the nationalist people of Derry to be another example of their mistreatment by the Stormont Government

Sovereignty and partition:
    1. To what extent did the treaty negotiations and the signing of the treaty expose serious splits within the Sinn Féin party?
    2. What was the impact of WW II on Belfast?
    3. During the period 1922-39 which government handled the economy/law and order better, cumann na ngaedheal or Fianna Fáil?
    4. How successful was James Craig as Prime Minister of Northern Ireland?

Dictatorship and Democracy
    1. How did Lenin and Stalin use totalitarianism to strengthen the communist regime in the Soviet Union
    2. To what extent was Hitler’s foreign policy successful during 1933-39?
    3. How did Britain and Germany deal with economic problems they faced during the 1930's?
    4. What role did the development of technology play in the WW II?[/B][/B]

The United States and the World:
    1. What was the immediate and long term impact of the Montgomery bus boycott?
    2. To what extent did the Vietnam War cause deep divisions in American politics and society 68-75?
    3. What was the impact of one or more of the following in American society: youth culture, counter culture, multiculturalism?
    4. How did successive administrations deal with American economic and/or foreign policy during the years 1970-89?

This is History HL examcraft:) Just thought I should give back after everything I've gotten from this thread:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 slug11

does anyone have any HL PHYSICS papers

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Cardor

slug11 wrote: »
    does anyone have any HL PHYSICS papers

I don't know why people don't look in these forums if they need the answers so badly.. when I badly needed answers I went through the entire paper!

I posted the entire examcraft paper and somebody else posted the entire DEBS paper.. so your gonna just have to go back and see what pages there on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Mariekatie

Anyone know whats coming up on Spanish HL, Economics HL and Biology HL all DEB

I've done Irish HL Paper 1 and 2
    Maths OL Paper 1 and 2
    Geography HL
    English Paper HL 1 and 2

All DEB papers but i really need help with the above i'd be so greatful

This is biology DEBS:
    BIO- experimentss are alcohol, the animal/plant and DNA
    long Qs are: ecology, respiration/ metabolism/ biotechnology, genetics/ sex linkage/evolution/ gene expression, flowering plant/ gas exchange/osmosis/root zones, sense organs, endocrine system, human female reproduction, plant reproduction and circulatory system (: hope ya can make sense of it!

can you please tell me the maths paper 1 and paper 2 (OL) ?
    Im screwed for them.......:(

<mod edit> Spoiler tags edited - if you're using spoilers, please use them correctly -
    put what you want to hide between the spoiler tags</modedit>

• Registered Users Posts: 23 StevenGuiry

Anybody know anything on the written section of of french(OL) examcraft:)

• Advertisement

thank you is that DEB?

it had a barcode on top right with numbers under it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mihaf

could you please tel me whats comming up for maths pr 2 HL

• Registered Users Posts: 10 monica 377

Has anyone yet done home ec HL Debs, i need help on the short questions and biology HL Debs the short and long.frown.gif
    I have spoilers for geography HL Debs and english paper 1 both Examcraft and debs english paper 2 HL Debs.
    Thanks so much...wink.gif

KateC92 wrote: »
    SO, I just spent a good two hours going through this whole thread and taking what I needed, so I feel I should give a little :) These are the exams I've sat so far.

DEB ENGLISH HIGHER LEVEL PAPER 2
    Single Text:
    Wuthering Heights - The appeal of Brontes novel lies mainly in the fascinating and complex character of Heathcliff OR WH is a powerful tale of two generations torn apart by revenge but united by love
    A Doll's House - In the play Ibsen presents the extremes of power and powerlessness in an intriguing manner OR Kristine in contrast to Nora is a character worthy of our admiration
    A Whistle in the Dark - AWITD paints a grim picture of the lives of Irish emigrants in England during the 1950s OR There is little doubt that each of the Carney boys is a true son of their father
    Hamlet - H is a tragic hero whose mind is a continuous battleground OR Shakespeare brilliantly portrays a world in which deception and false appearances dominate
    The Grapes of Wrath - TGOW is primarily concerned with the struggle to survive in an unequal world OR In reading TGOW powerful imagery and symbolism add greatly to the dramatic impact of the narrative
    Comparative Study:
    General Vision and Viewpoint - The GVV of a text can add enormously to the impact on the reader OR A reader's interest in a text depend's greatly on the GVV presented by the author
    Theme - By analyzing the key moments of different texts, you can identify a number of interesting similarities and differences relating to a common theme that is explored by the authors OR An author's portrayal of an engaging them can add thoroughly to our enjoyment of a good narrative
    Poetry:
    Unseen poem - A Northern Morning by Alistait Elliot - Mood of poem and favorite lines OR personal response
    Eavan Boland - EBsaid she wanted her poetry to deal with themes that were "parts of my world"
    Robert Frost - "I'm not a nature poet. There's always something more in my poems."
    William Wordsworth - Write ou the text of a talk that you would give to a group of students on the lasting appeal of WW's poetry over the last 200 years. Your answer should focus on both themes and the way he expresses them.
    Emily Dickinson - In her poems ED explores the full range of emotions from elation to deep despair

EXAMCRAFT IRISH ORDINARY LEVEL PAPER 2
    Prós:
    (a) Fiche Blian ag Fás OR Lá Buí Bealtaine OR Clare sa Spéir
    (b) Téamaí - cearrbhacas OR óige OR ól OR grá OR fuath OR ainmhithe OR éin OR greann
    Filíocht:
    (a) Gealt OR Níl Aon Ní
    (b) Faoiseamh a Gheobhadsa - Mothhúchán - brón OR síocháin OR díomá OR uaigneas OR cumha OR grá

I also have EXAMCRAFT HIGHER LEVEL MATHS and APPLIED MATHS, but I'm obviously not going to type them out so PM me if you want details

could you help me with paper two higher maaths please? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Hey just wondering if anyone had any pointers on Maths OL DEB Paper 2? I just dont have the time to revise all of it so just looking for some help please! Thanks :)
    I can help with English DEB, Maths OL DEB Paper 1 and Examcraft Physics but I'm sure they are all posted here already. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Lexii307

how do i know what company my irish paper is??? Theres no barcode only some numbers in the bottom left corner like p6 or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mocks18

hi does anyone have examcraft HL biology and french please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 TanyaMay

Trying to find if someone posted a good bit of info on the DEBS Irish OL papers? Has anyone done them.... would really appreciate some of the questions.

Also, DEBS HL Spanish....?
    Art history Debs? HL

The rest of my mocks are after mid-term then because we're having our orals in between. Why they've decided to timetable them like that - I'll never know :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 DazRe

Lexii307 wrote: »
    how do i know what company my irish paper is??? Theres no barcode only some numbers in the bottom left corner like p6 or something

I've the same problem it said "L.6L" or something like that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Spla12

Hey I've looked through the thread and I was just wondering if anyone had a History HL Deb paper and a Art History Deb HL paper? Thank you:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement