Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2011 *** READ FIRST POST before posting or risk being banned! ***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Destiined2win

Anybody got French Ordinary level DEB AND EXAMCRAFT.....ALSO MATHS PAPER 2 ORDINARY LEVEL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BF93

I'm finding it hard to notice which paper for biology im getting, all my teacher has told us is
    to study respiration, and we did plant responses just last week so that could be another clue as to what's coming up, could anyone tell me if respiration
    is on both deb and examcraft?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭gruffler91

emma123abc wrote: »
    yeah he is:)

You have just made my day :D THanks a mill xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭emma123abc

Ok there's a lot of confusion of History papers whether they're deb or examcraft ... I don't know anymore but here's both!

Paper A
    Dictatorship & Democracy:
    1. What conditions allowed the formation and growth of fascist regimes in Europe during the period 1920-1939?
    2. How successful were the French governments of the third republic in overcoming the problems facing France in the aftermath of WW1?
    3. How did the Jarrow protests reflect the social and economic difficulties facing Britain during the inter-war years, and how were they overcome?
    4. How effective were the Nazis in exploiting state control and use of mass media to indoctrinate the German population?

Pursuit of Sovereignty :
    1. What were the main stages of the negotiations of the Anglo-Irish Treaty 1921, and what were the primary strengths and weaknesses of the delegations involved?
    2. What was the contribution of James J.McElligott to economic affairs during the period 1923-1949?
    3. How effective were successive Unionist governments in N.Ireland in consolidating partition in Ireland up to 1939?
    4. How were language, religion and education used to promote separate cultural identities, North and South, during the period 1920-1949

United States & Wider World:
    1. What impact did the Montgomery Bus Boycott, 1956, have on the civil rights movement in the US?
    2. How did US foreign policy contribute to the decline of the Cold War 1973-1989?
    3. What were the social and economic implications of mass higher education in the US during the period 1945-1989?
    4. In what ways has religion and/or mass media in modern American culture changed society in the US?
    Paper B
    Document:
    the Coleraine University controversy. Mini essay is: To what extent was the Lockwood Report considered by the nationalist people of Derry to be another example of their mistreatment by the Stormont Government

Sovereignty and partition:
    1. To what extent did the treaty negotiations and the signing of the treaty expose serious splits within the Sinn Féin party?
    2. What was the impact of WW II on Belfast?
    3. During the period 1922-39 which government handled the economy/law and order better, cumann na ngaedheal or Fianna Fáil?
    4. How successful was James Craig as Prime Minister of Northern Ireland?

Dictatorship and Democracy
    1. How did Lenin and Stalin use totalitarianism to strengthen the communist regime in the Soviet Union
    2. To what extent was Hitler’s foreign policy successful during 1933-39?
    3. How did Britain and Germany deal with economic problems they faced during the 1930's?
    4. What role did the development of technology play in the WW II?

The United States and the World:
    1. What was the immediate and long term impact of the Montgomery bus boycott?
    2. To what extent did the Vietnam War cause deep divisions in American politics and society 68-75?
    3. What was the impact of one or more of the following in American society: youth culture, counter culture, multiculturalism?
    4. How did successive administrations deal with American economic and/or foreign policy during the years 1970-89?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 ellensmith

I have both papers, not sure which is which anymore with everyone saying something different, but the papers are actually really similar! want me to pm them to you?
    could you send them to me aswell please ???? :)

• Advertisement

Ok there's a lot of confusion of History papers whether they're deb or examcraft ... I don't know anymore but here's both!

Paper A
    Dictatorship & Democracy:
    1. What conditions allowed the formation and growth of fascist regimes in Europe during the period 1920-1939?
    2. How successful were the French governments of the third republic in overcoming the problems facing France in the aftermath of WW1?
    3. How did the Jarrow protests reflect the social and economic difficulties facing Britain during the inter-war years, and how were they overcome?
    4. How effective were the Nazis in exploiting state control and use of mass media to indoctrinate the German population?

Pursuit of Sovereignty :
    1. What were the main stages of the negotiations of the Anglo-Irish Treaty 1921, and what were the primary strengths and weaknesses of the delegations involved?
    2. What was the contribution of James J.McElligott to economic affairs during the period 1923-1949?
    3. How effective were successive Unionist governments in N.Ireland in consolidating partition in Ireland up to 1939?
    4. How were language, religion and education used to promote separate cultural identities, North and South, during the period 1920-1949

United States & Wider World:
    1. What impact did the Montgomery Bus Boycott, 1956, have on the civil rights movement in the US?
    2. How did US foreign policy contribute to the decline of the Cold War 1973-1989?
    3. What were the social and economic implications of mass higher education in the US during the period 1945-1989?
    4. In what ways has religion and/or mass media in modern American culture changed society in the US?
    Paper B
    Document:
    the Coleraine University controversy. Mini essay is: To what extent was the Lockwood Report considered by the nationalist people of Derry to be another example of their mistreatment by the Stormont Government

Sovereignty and partition:
    1. To what extent did the treaty negotiations and the signing of the treaty expose serious splits within the Sinn Féin party?
    2. What was the impact of WW II on Belfast?
    3. During the period 1922-39 which government handled the economy/law and order better, cumann na ngaedheal or Fianna Fáil?
    4. How successful was James Craig as Prime Minister of Northern Ireland?

Dictatorship and Democracy
    1. How did Lenin and Stalin use totalitarianism to strengthen the communist regime in the Soviet Union
    2. To what extent was Hitler’s foreign policy successful during 1933-39?
    3. How did Britain and Germany deal with economic problems they faced during the 1930's?
    4. What role did the development of technology play in the WW II?

The United States and the World:
    1. What was the immediate and long term impact of the Montgomery bus boycott?
    2. To what extent did the Vietnam War cause deep divisions in American politics and society 68-75?
    3. What was the impact of one or more of the following in American society: youth culture, counter culture, multiculturalism?
    4. How did successive administrations deal with American economic and/or foreign policy during the years 1970-89?
    what is the document of paper a????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭AislingMarie

ellensmith wrote: »
    can i have the long qs spoilers pleaSe????? :)
    This is what I can remeber:
    Spoiler:
    Short Questions:
    Label villus
    Genetics - sex linkage... (basically definitions)
    The rest I've forgotten but they're all fairly handy!

Experiments:
    To produce alcohol using yeast (know potassium iodide sol. + sodium hypochlorite sol. for iodoform test!..I forgot that =( )
    Cheek cell

Long Questions:
    Ecology define ecosystem,habitat,competition
    1 x Abiotic and biotic factor
    3 x apparatus used to catch organisms and know how to use the (e.g pooter etc..)
    Respiration
    Plant reproduction (The female)
    Human reproduction menstrual cycle day 1 day 14,2 hormones associated with M.C and functions
    The senses...kinda weird no need to label/learn a diagram define..stimulus..name an organ associated with ear eye and skin,their function,another part of that organ that helps carry out that stimulus (e,g Ear-Ear drum-auditory canal)
    Heart comes up know diastole and systole
    Overall plants are very prominent
    Know how to draw and label a seed,know why a plant bends towards light

I'm pretty sure if you have all that covered you'll do pretty well!...
    Personally I was very disappointed with the paper...
    Usually I'm an A student but was fairly upset about it!...
    Don't want anyone else to feel bad so here you go! xsmile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ashymc11

could someone please post the irish ol paper 1 by examcraft?i have biology and french hl papers by examcraft!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bee113

awhh thanks a million your a life saver =)
    dont suppose you do economics by any chance? thats the only other one im stuck on?

Nope, sorry I don't! :(

This is what I can remeber:
    Spoiler:
    Short Questions:
    Label villus
    Genetics - sex linkage... (basically definitions)
    The rest I've forgotten but they're all fairly handy!

Experiments:
    To produce alcohol using yeast (know potassium iodide sol. + sodium hypochlorite sol. for iodoform test!..I forgot that =( )
    Cheek cell

Long Questions:
    Ecology define ecosystem,habitat,competition
    1 x Abiotic and biotic factor
    3 x apparatus used to catch organisms and know how to use the (e.g pooter etc..)
    Respiration
    Plant reproduction (The female)
    Human reproduction menstrual cycle day 1 day 14,2 hormones associated with M.C and functions
    The senses...kinda weird no need to label/learn a diagram define..stimulus..name an organ associated with ear eye and skin,their function,another part of that organ that helps carry out that stimulus (e,g Ear-Ear drum-auditory canal)
    Heart comes up know diastole and systole
    Overall plants are very prominent
    Know how to draw and label a seed,know why a plant bends towards light

I'm pretty sure if you have all that covered you'll do pretty well!...
    Personally I was very disappointed with the paper...
    Usually I'm an A student but was fairly upset about it!...
    Don't want anyone else to feel bad so here you go! xsmile.gif
    and this is debs ??? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

ashymc11 wrote: »
    could someone please post the irish ol paper 1 by examcraft?i have biology and french hl papers by examcraft!!:)

Could you please post/PM me with the Biology examcraft questions? :) I did HL Irish, sorry :( Try searching through the thread maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

does anyone have HL Economics examcraft pleasee!!?

I PMed it to you yesterday..? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭emma123abc

No idea sorry, ive heard both
    coleraine and sunningdale
    so i cant tell!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

Violafy wrote: »
    I PMed it to you yesterday..? :rolleyes:

Sorry, my mistake, thought you meant Home Economics. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 CraigJJCahill

Violafy wrote: »
    Sorry, my mistake, thought you meant Home Economics. :o

lol its cool =) unfortunately i dont do biology so i cant help you out there sorry =/

• Registered Users Posts: 44 aeromsmith

ANYONE GOT FRENCH HL EITHER EXAM CRAFT OR DEB ..?
    IVE DONE IRISH MATHS ENGLISH GEO AND BUSINESS SO JUST PM ME IF YOU NEED ONE THANKS
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Destiined2win

mihaf wrote: »
    is this maths p2 exam craft or debs?

is this maths p2 exam craft or debs?
    is that maths ordinary level

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ted9308

Originally Posted by teenagedream
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ted9308
    could u send that again?something wrong with my inbox!

Quote:
    I only have the part c's of the maths paper still want them?

havn' t done the paper got it off someone else :/
    MATHS PAPER 1 c parts
    Q1c (x-t)squared is a factor of 2x(cubed)-tx(squared)+hx +k h and k elemnt of R
    (i) show that 9h(cubed)+64k(squared)=0
    (ii) find in terms of t all three roots of the equation 2x(cubed)-tx(squared)+hx +k=0

Q2 c the quadratic function g(x) is given by g(x) = x^2 + 2kx+k+2 x element of R k is a constant
    (i) if alpha(A) and beata(B) are the roots of g(x)=0 show that (A-B)^2=4(k^2-k-2)
    (ii) given that k is not equal to -2form a quadratic equation with the cofficients in terms of k where roots are (1+A/B) and (1+B/A)

Q3 c (i) simplify 1+i(root)3/1-i(root)3 and write your answer in the form r(cosO+isinO)
    (ii) henche evaluate (1+i(root)3/1-i(root)3)^15

Q4 c 3 numbers are in geometrical sequence their sum is 62 and their product is 1000 if the common ratio is less than 1 find the 3first terms of the sequence

Q5 c prove by induction that d/dx(x^n)=nx^n-1, n less than r equal to 1 n element of N

Q6 C a curve has equation y=(x^2 - 3)e^x
    (i) find dy/dx
    (ii) find d2y/dx2
    (iii) find the x ordinate of each of the stationary points on the curve
    (iv) determine the nature of each of the stationary points

Q7 C let f(x)=1/2(e^x+e^-x)
    (I)find f '(x) the deravtive of f(x)
    (II)find f''(x) and show that f''(X)=f(X) where f''(x) is the 2nd deritive of f(x)
    (iii) show that f'(2x)/f'(x) = 2f(x) when x is not equall to 0

Q8 c
    the graphs of y =f (x) and y = g(x) are shown
    f(x) =x^2-4x+5 and g(x) = 5+4x-x^2

f(X) and g(x) intersect at A and B
    (i) find the x-ordinates of points A and B
    (ii) find the area enclosed by the 2 curves

Economics examcraft anyone?have got almost all my exams done will swap!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 rallyrolin

After finishing most of my mocks only have 2 exams left geography and art, thank god!! I do think yas would be best if yas didnt know what was coming up but ahh wel sure things like this are here or people to take advantage of!! lots of pople askin about ENGLISH..... i got:
    Spoilage:
    Boland, on her themes, culteral context or general vision question for comparison, A dolls house, nora and torvalds relationship is more set on money than love.. and some crazy poem.

i think that french has been the hardest ( honours ) and maths paper 2 ordinary was handy wasnt 2 hard !! paper 1 was hard with lots of
    differnciation
    homec was also tough, the compulsary question being
    on carbohydrates

any questions ask away!!

ted9308 wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ted9308
    could u send that again?something wrong with my inbox!

Quote:
    I only have the part c's of the maths paper still want them?

havn' t done the paper got it off someone else :/
    MATHS PAPER 1 c partsOriginally Posted by teenagedream

Q1c (x-t)squared is a factor of 2x(cubed)-tx(squared)+hx +k h and k elemnt of R
    (i) show that 9h(cubed)+64k(squared)=0
    (ii) find in terms of t all three roots of the equation 2x(cubed)-tx(squared)+hx +k=0

Q2 c the quadratic function g(x) is given by g(x) = x^2 + 2kx+k+2 x element of R k is a constant
    (i) if alpha(A) and beata(B) are the roots of g(x)=0 show that (A-B)^2=4(k^2-k-2)
    (ii) given that k is not equal to -2form a quadratic equation with the cofficients in terms of k where roots are (1+A/B) and (1+B/A)

Q3 c (i) simplify 1+i(root)3/1-i(root)3 and write your answer in the form r(cosO+isinO)
    (ii) henche evaluate (1+i(root)3/1-i(root)3)^15

Q4 c 3 numbers are in geometrical sequence their sum is 62 and their product is 1000 if the common ratio is less than 1 find the 3first terms of the sequence

Q5 c prove by induction that d/dx(x^n)=nx^n-1, n less than r equal to 1 n element of N

Q6 C a curve has equation y=(x^2 - 3)e^x
    (i) find dy/dx
    (ii) find d2y/dx2
    (iii) find the x ordinate of each of the stationary points on the curve
    (iv) determine the nature of each of the stationary points

Q7 C let f(x)=1/2(e^x+e^-x)
    (I)find f '(x) the deravtive of f(x)
    (II)find f''(x) and show that f''(X)=f(X) where f''(x) is the 2nd deritive of f(x)
    (iii) show that f'(2x)/f'(x) = 2f(x) when x is not equall to 0

Q8 c
    the graphs of y =f (x) and y = g(x) are shown
    f(x) =x^2-4x+5 and g(x) = 5+4x-x^2

f(X) and g(x) intersect at A and B
    (i) find the x-ordinates of points A and B
    (ii) find the area enclosed by the 2 curves

Economics examcraft anyone?have got almost all my exams done will swap!:D

i dont think most people have done economics yet =/ ive been looking for a few days now, when do you have economics i have it on tuesday, maybe i could help you out then if you havnt done it already by then =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 rachel2k11

rallyrolin wrote: »
    After finishing most of my mocks only have 2 exams left geography and art, thank god!! I do think yas would be best if yas didnt know what was coming up but ahh wel sure things like this are here or people to take advantage of!! lots of pople askin about ENGLISH..... i got:
    Spoilage:
    Boland, on her themes, culteral context or general vision question for comparison, A dolls house, nora and torvalds relationship is more set on money than love.. and some crazy poem.

i think that french has been the hardest ( honours ) and maths paper 2 ordinary was handy wasnt 2 hard !! paper 1 was hard with lots of
    differnciation
    homec was also tough, the compulsary question being
    on carbohydrates

any questions ask away!!

which french paper did you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bee113

aeromsmith wrote: »
    ANYONE GOT FRENCH HL EITHER EXAM CRAFT OR DEB ..?
    IVE DONE IRISH MATHS ENGLISH GEO AND BUSINESS SO JUST PM ME IF YOU NEED ONE THANKS
    :D

DEB French:
    The 90 words one was on disipline in schools, then there was a diary entry about your friend moving abroad and you are sad about it, racism which was a cartoon), the disipline in the education system and and also religon in people under 25 I think

Hope that's of help! If you could PM me Irish and/or Geography that'd be great! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 psMT

hayshoex wrote: »
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO WRITE TOMORROW?
    I HAVE ENGLISH PAPER 2 EXAMCRAFT.

AND I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO WRITE
    HAMLET : BOTH A HERO & VILLAIN
    SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS LOCK!!!
    I HAVE NO NOTES ON IT .I'M DYING HERE! PLEASE?!
    PM IF YOU WANT ..THANKS SO MUCH :D

I don't know whether to use spoilers for this, so I'm gonna anyway :)
    (And you might want to check my quotes first, I did english paper 2 a week ago..)
    Emmmm, well for hero you could talk about his subtle wit ('a little more than kin, and less than kind') and his somewhat sarcastic sense of humour
    ('Thrift, thrift Horatio! The fureral baked meats
    Did coldly furnish forth the marriage tables')

Then you could say that he's intelligent -
    despite his 'antic disposition' he hints that he has not lost his mind
    ('I am but mad north-north-west. When the wind is
    southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw')
    And he sees through Polonius, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern's lies
    ('They fool me to the top of my bent')

He's a philosophical thinker
    ('To be or not to be...etc')
    ('there is nothing
    Either good or bad, but thinking makes it so' - this quote is from when he's talking to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern about how 'Denmark's a prison')

And he's loyal to the memory of his father-
    He promises to take action swiftly when the ghost tells him of his father's 'murder most foul'
    ('Thy commandment all alone shall live
    Within the book and volume of my brain,
    Unmixed with baser matter')
    Another quote to back this up
    ('So excellent a king...
    ...so loving to my mother
    That he might not beteem the winds of heaven
    Visit her face to roughly')

For villain you could talk about his opinion and treatment of women in the play -
    Gertrude's betrayal taints his view of women in general
    ('frailty, thy name is woman!')
    ('She married.
    O most wicked speed, to post
    With such dexterity to incestuous sheets')
    His feelings towards Ophelia change drastically
    Before the outset of the play -
    ('he hath, my lord, of late made many tenders
    Of his affection to me')
    But then (his cruelty) -
    ('Get thee to a nunnery. Why, woulds't thou be a
    breeder of sinners?'
    and 'God hath given you one face and you make yourself another')

Then you could finish off with his procrastination and the cosequences (which is that everyone dies, basically) -
    (' 'tis twice two months' and he still has not taken action)
    (he delays taking revenge with the 'Mousetrap' [the play])
    (Even when he is given the opportunity to kill Claudius alone in the Church he still hesitates. He makes excuses for himself, that he will kill Claudius when
    'he is about some act
    That has no relish of salvation in't')

Well, you probably don't need all of that, but you must mention
    both the heroic and the villainous aspects of his character

Hope this helps! Good luck! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 AwhhYeahh

Heres what came up in Home ec. not sure what company it was though
    Short Questions
    .cis and trans fatty acids
    .steps in decision making (6 steps)
    .pro biotic and pre biotics
    .tracker and variable mortgages
    .gelanisation and hydrolysis (starch)
    .functions of vitamin e
    .function of detergeant
    .coeliac disease (explain and name 2 foods they cant have)
    .family income supplement (explain)

Long questions
    Q1.Milk
    .explain nutritive value of whole, skimmed and fortified
    .Vitamin D and E (functions,deficiencys,sources)
    .explain homogenisation and pasteurisation
    .how the irish food industry has complied with consumer trends in milk production

Q2.Eggs and Vegan Diets
    .nutritive and dietetic value of eggs
    .3 properties and how they can be applied to cooking
    .do a daily menu for a vegan and include a fortified food
    .deficiencie that may occur in vegan diets

Q3.HACCP
    .food poisioning
    .principles of haccp
    .advantages and disadvantages (didnt do this one so cant really remember what else came up)

Q4.Textiles (didn't do it)

Q5.Disabilities and the family
    .problems someone with special needs faces physically and psychologically
    .how social and technological advances have affected the family
    .voluntary organisation that helps people with special needs

Elective

Q3 (social studies). Education
    .childcare (different types)
    .how socio-economic status can affect equality in education
    .organisations that promote and help people in receiving education
    .explain the early child care scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ted9308

ha i wish!i have it tommorrow....there has 2 be a few people that have it done!:confused:
    i dont think most people have done economics yet =/ ive been looking for a few days now, when do you have economics i have it on tuesday, maybe i could help you out then if you havnt done it already by then =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 justnobodygirl

It's
    Coleraine. Why was the choice of Coleraine a controversy was the contextualization.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 rallyrolin

rachel2k11 wrote: »
    which french paper did you have?

sorry to say but i dont know what its called im not at home at the moment! the compulsary question was something about
    punishments in school has changed since years ago
    .. im not 2 good at french..
    there was stuff on racism aswel, a letter to a school in france about an exchange ..and how computer games efect young children.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 rachel2k11

rallyrolin wrote: »
    sorry to say but i dont know what its called im not at home at the moment! the compulsary question was something about
    punishments in school has changed since years ago
    .. im not 2 good at french..
    there was stuff on racism aswel, a letter to a school in france about an exchange ..and how computer games efect young children.

did you have the aural with
    the giral and the heart doner

ted9308 wrote: »
    ha i wish!i have it tommorrow....there has 2 be a few people that have it done!:confused:

awh that sucks =/
    i dunno, ive been posting on here and on allhonours.ie for the past 3 days trying to get hints or spoilers on economics and only one person replied,
    but they havnt done the exam yet, they said their teacher said to study
    oligopoly as market structure and capital as fop. then learn elasticity and national income, n u should be sorted for the four questions. Short questions... not sure, but our teacher told us to learn the sq of 2009-2005.

could you send me the questions when you get home 2moro for the eco paper please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 kjsckth

anybody know what the name of the unseen poem in HL english DEB?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement