Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2011 *** READ FIRST POST before posting or risk being banned! ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭r0cks0l1dd

ilovebooks wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the geography paper with
    the effect of the eu on ireland
    is deb or examcraft?

Our geography teacher gave us this question to do last week so i would like to know also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 owenthorp

Can oneone remember the spanish higher level DEB opinion pieces or the note and diary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Most_Def

Anyone know the theorems for paper 1 examcraft??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Duda17

Can anyone pm me HL geography examcraft?

I have it tommoro and its my last exam so i av all the rest of my exams and will send you anything you need in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Ragdoll742

r0cks0l1dd wrote: »
    Our geography teacher gave us this question to do last week so i would like to know also.

We had it yesterday and ours was DEB, however it is a fairly common question so I wouldn't bank on that.

And also, Laub2011, thats DEB too :) Not sure of every question, but on paper two there was:
    Poetry:
    Frost - (I am not a nature poet, there's always something more to my poems)
    Boland - (...tries to use modern/topical themes)
    Dickinson - ( Can see a sense of despair(Or something similar) in her poetry.

Comparative:
    Theme and Issue - (The use of a theme in key moments adds to our enjoyment.)
    General vision and Viewpoint - (I didnt do the question)

Hamlet - (Hamlet is a tragic hero...Discuss)

These questions aren't exact, but you get the idea :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 justnobodygirl

Exothermic wrote: »
    Please post Biology DEB! A ton of people are looking for it. Me being one of them :P Thanks!

Short Questions -
    Ecology, explain a graph. Food, vitamins, structural protien etc. Plant cell. Functions and microscopes. Villi: label and give function of lymphatic system Dicot stem: Lable and functions
    DNA and RNA: number of strands in each and their sugars and name bases

Exp questions:
    Cell under microscope
    Alcohol yeast exp
    DNA isolation

Long questions:
    One on respiration and matabolism and bacteria and continuous or catch culture. Know experiment
    Ecology (predator, ecosystem, habitat..how you caught animals like using a pooter, pitfall trap ect.. and competition.) ...
    Genetics (sexlinked, evolution observations and conclusions, darwin n wallace) ...
    Reproductive system (2 hormones involved in the menstrual cycle day 1 and day 14, growth regulators)
    Know why a stem turns towards the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 epod10

need help badly for english P2 (HL).. not sure wat company.. either examcraft or debs... please help!!!

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23 StevenGuiry

Construction HL examcraft please?

epod10 wrote: »
    need help badly for english P2 (HL).. not sure wat company.. either examcraft or debs... please help!!!

thanks

2 posts up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 efaerex

was on the other paper from your school?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

What was the
    nitrogen cycle
    question like in Biology?

The comprehensions were about
    Jockeys, Writing a letter to sports person, and that ex-army dude running the school? And some guy stuck on mountain, lol.

I did an essay on
    equality in gender.

efaerex wrote: »
    was on the other paper from your school?

i dono.. were doin paper 2 first.. barcode is on left top corner if that makes any difference??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 efaerex

aoifeen Ox wrote: »
    Andrew16
    Ag-Science: There were 2 mocks papers for ag-science in our school we got the harder one but i'll try and get someone for the other class to post something on theres
    Q1: (a) State one main mineral of the following:CAN, Lime, Ground Rock (b) Explain Biological Control and give one plant pest and one animal pest that could be controlled using biological control (c) Explain the following in pig production (i) Gilt (ii) Lysine (iii) Integrated Pig Unit (d) what is pathogen give an example of a plant and animal pathogen (e)State the rock group of the following (i)Limestone(ii)Granite(iii)Marble(iv)Sandstone (f) 3 advantages of clover (g) Give an example of(i)incomplete metamorphosis(ii) (h) Name 1 function of hemoglobin and one component in the structure of hemoglobin (i) Describe the cause of bloat in ruminant animals state one method of treatment (j)Explain: calving interval,tail painting Q2 (a) (i)3 Characteristics of Loam soil (ii)explain humificaition and mineralisaition and state 2 soil requirements for both (b)explain:capillary growth, gravitational water, available water capacity,permanent wilting point, calcification (c)(i) give 3 differences between soil developed under grassland and under a coniferous forest (ii) what is cation exchange?
    There are two options for questions 3's it would take me ages to type them both out but for option 1
    1. is all about the nitrogen cycle 2. is about crop and cereal growth 3. is about the liverfluke
    for option 2
    (a) is about comparing beef and dairy breeds and points to look at when purchasing beef at a mart (b) is about average wool yield, synchronization of the oestrous in sheep,why colostrum is essential to new borns, fat percentage of milk (c) Ph,DM%,DMD% and protein% of good quality silage, one anerobic bacteria for fermintaition of good quality silage.
    Q4.Describe lab or field method to show 2 of the following (a)bacterial quality of a sample of milk (b)botanical composition of an old grassland (c)the capillarity of 2 contrasting soil types (d) extraction of pigments from a sample of grass Q5. 4 characteristics if certified seed,2 examples of vascular tissue and one function each, two advantages of earthing up of potatoes, fungal disease that effects potatoes, explain catch crop and give example, describe a cereal under the headings soil suitability, fertilizer requirements,harvesting and yield Q6.example of a ruminant animal and name the 4 stomach compartments of that ruminant, give four advantages of in-wintering in ewes, whats body conditioning score Q7 difference between mitosis and meiosis, 4 stages of mitosis, whats a clone and how are they produced, explain hybrid vigour, then theres a genetics cross question where you have to find the genotypes and phenotypes of the offspring, what is mutation and 2 factors of mutations (DON'T DO WHAT I DID AND STARTED WRITING ABOUT TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES) explain gonads, incomplete dominance, embryo transplantation and progeny testing Q9 give a scientific explanation for: waterlogging of podzols, importance of oxytocin in female animals, removal of the tick from grazing land , leader follower system and the production af gaese in a slurry tank

what was on the other paper from your school??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Princess18

Heya, Im Doing Higher Level Geography Tomoro I Dunno From What Company Though Yet, Il Post It Up After School For Those Who Need It :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ilovebooks

ragdoll742 if you could get back to my pm i will be forever greatful :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Sm4shbox

Business St. (Examcraft)

Can somebody give me the FULL Q2, Q3, Q4, Q5, and Q6.
    I know you only need 4 but want to pick my best choice.

Have the exam soon so let me know tonight or tomorrow morning please.
    Please and thank you. :cool:

(P.S I have both Irish P1 + P2 and French. Both Examcraft.)

did cultural context come up on any paper??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭surfergirl92

If I only that Biology spoiler had been posted yesterday.But then again,I'm only fooling myself.:rolleyes:Thoose short questions killed me.
    Ecology
    question was lovely!:D

Chemistry tomorrow,the gamble of which paper our teacher chose..hmm :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Cardor

did cultural context come up on any paper??

Yeah.. examraft.. just about
    how it affects the main characters

• Advertisement

Not on DEB.

Ill get those PM's back to you now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mocks18

does anyone have geography HL examcraft please?

I have irish, english, french all HL examcraft, if anyone wants them just mail me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭surfergirl92

not on DEB papers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bee_mine

Hey again! Does anyone have any hints for Physics HL DEB and Art History HL DEB?? :D Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sligo.

i would greatly appreciate if someone could PM me the HL Biology (Examcraft) and thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Donegal1993

So....Mocks are coming up soon! Have my art papers and they have a bar code in the top left?! Think its DEB! Help for HL French, HL Irish and HL Geog would be great! Thanks guys!!! :)

i saw the outside of the papers and it had the barcode on the left top on front cover.. and had another barcode on the right top on the back.. does that ring any bells??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Donegal1993

i saw the outside of the papers and it had the barcode on the left top on front cover.. and had another barcode on the right top on the back.. does that ring any bells??

Nope...barcode on the back is on the bottom right though?

DEB HL Art History was lovely.
    There was Newgrange question, asking about the carvings on the walls, An impressionist question (About the general movement) and an art exhibition one :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Vaselina

Well! Any chance of PM-ing me the biology higher DEB and examcraft please, have it tomorrow!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement