Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signet PSTN Digi connection

Options
  • 24-01-2011 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi there,
    I purchased the Signet 100 controller and began installing the system, however the one issue im having is connecting the pstn modem to the landline. Anyone any ideas on which colour/voltage cable to connect

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Colour varies but a lot of the time it's the blue pair.
    You will be looking at 50v dc, if you don't have that then something is wrong

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Not really related to the previous discussion. Split into new thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

KHUGY wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I purchased the Signet 100 controller and began installing the system, however the one issue im having is connecting the pstn modem to the landline. Anyone any ideas on which colour/voltage cable to connect

It all depends on the type of cable used to bring the phone cable into the house. If you use the meter to get the correct pair you will have 50v on the line. Hopefully it will be the main line coming into the house. With this disconnected from the phones, make sure all the phones in the house are now dead. If they are not then you do not have the main phone line. You need this in case a phone is off the hook as the modem might not ring out. It is called phone line priority. When you have the main line you will need to connect this pair into the A/B terminal of the pstn modem, from the modem C/D terminals you connect a return pair to connect to the house phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 KHUGY

Thanks for the info lads, It appears i have a break in the line from the phone socket to the control panel so it looks like i will be feeding a new cable through..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Your welcome, hopefully its not much of a job getting the cable redone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement